shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
These little guys blew my socks off when they arrived- absolutely neon in the sun! So it'll have to be something special . Still pondering what to do with them but my sisters birthstone is ruby and mine i s emerald- so maybe something like attached.
[ But first fate decided we needed a new fridge, stovetop, water heater and A/C all in the last year so I have to wait on any settings right now). :(
20230208_010437.jpg

@CHRISTY-DANIELLE this just blew my mind. I’ve been doodling on pieces of paper, cutting them out and sellotaping to my fingers all these years :lol-2:

Please can you share which program you use for this?

Ok I think purple is next and I have a cute amethyst ring I bought when I started my first job (a long, long, long time ago). It reminds me of grape jelly.

Pink plays next!

PXL_20230216_175131634.PORTRAIT.jpg

Some amethyst has a cool, almost bluish undertone to it, but this one is nice and warm. It does look like grape jelly!!
1237371yr8gunxuxm.gif

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Love the way you did the side clusters on the Fire Opal! They give the whole ring great finger coverage, and such presence!

Thank you! But I can’t take any credit for the setting design. It’s a rehabbed preloved setting that used to have an ugly turquoise. Bought it to reset one of my loose cabs. Here is the before:

But I really love the ring now with the fire opal. It’s so pretty and super bling!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you! But I can’t take any credit for the setting design. It’s a rehabbed preloved setting that used to have an ugly turquoise. Bought it to reset one of my loose cabs. Here is the before:

59164CE2-C6EF-48A0-8013-43BFBB6993F8.jpeg

But I really love the ring now with the fire opal. It’s so pretty and super bling!

I love turquoise, too, so I think it looked pretty before, haha... but, I have to admit it is MUCH prettier with the fire opal.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love turquoise, too, so I think it looked pretty before, haha... but, I have to admit it is MUCH prettier with the fire opal.
Oh no no I like turquoise too but this one came with an ugly black line. In fact I’m currently looking for a set of turquoise so I really have nothing against them.

I'll never tire of seeing this guy... :kiss2:

One of the nicest I've seen!!
Thanks so much Autumn!

alh56

Rough_Rock
I'm not sure where you are now in the rainbow, but it seems like the right moment to add this rainbow bracelet I've been putting together with stones from the etsy seller JadeCarvingCanada. Beads include nephrite, agate, chrome chaceldony, carnelian, sugulite richterite, dumortierite, and amazonite. It looks especially amazing in the sunshine today.
20230221_164556.jpg

I'm not sure where you are now in the rainbow, but it seems like the right moment to add this rainbow bracelet I've been putting together with stones from the etsy seller JadeCarvingCanada. Beads include nephrite, agate, chrome chaceldony, carnelian, sugulite richterite, dumortierite, and amazonite. It looks especially amazing in the sunshine today.
20230221_164556.jpg

Now isn't that cheerful! Full-on rainbow pieces are welcome anytime, of course!! Lovely.
12345bounce.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’m planning on colorful stacking rings with these gems (minus the overly dark sapphire)! 7F4A5A4B-B708-4DB7-8ABC-D9B5C4AD9328.jpeg
3350C9F3-FD2D-43C1-ABFD-2E481E4A5C5F.jpeg

As @mellowyellowgirl would say, they are snot-sized, so hoping wearing them all together will help with the visual impact :bigsmile:

is that dark saphire colour is what they call twilight ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
20230221_164556.jpg

that is gorgouse !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe so! I will still set it someday…it just doesn’t match the vibrant colors of the other stones. It’s a moody stone for sure!

i actually love the twilight colour but much thought will be needed about a setting so it doesnt black out
please update us one day when it is its turn
i have i think (i cant remember) a Lepidolite? pendent that is gorgouse - till i wear it

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@CHRISTY-DANIELLE this just blew my mind. I’ve been doodling on pieces of paper, cutting them out and sellotaping to my fingers all these years :lol-2:

Please can you share which program you use for this?

Hey sorry just saw this! I have a Galaxy22. It's the photo editing program. I've been using the Galaxy editor for years- makes it easy! I have to see designs "on the hand" to get a feel for real proportions. ;-)
DH bugs me to switch to I-phone but I'm not giving up my photo editor!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey sorry just saw this! I have a Galaxy22. It's the photo editing program. I've been using the Galaxy editor for years- makes it easy! I have to see designs "on the hand" to get a feel for real proportions. ;-)
DH bugs me to switch to I-phone but I'm not giving up my photo editor!

dont go to i phone
android so much eaiser especially if you have always had galaxxy's

alh56

Rough_Rock
Now isn't that cheerful! Full-on rainbow pieces are welcome anytime, of course!! Lovely.
12345bounce.gif

Thank you! It definitely cheers me up :)
that is gorgouse !

Thank you! I have been piecing it together for the last year or so as the stone carver releases beads that seem like they'll fit in...this is version 3 or 4, and I'm glad others like it too! It gets so many comments in real life from random people...rainbows seem to be a hit with all ages :)

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
i actually love the twilight colour but much thought will be needed about a setting so it doesnt black out
please update us one day when it is its turn
i have i think (i cant remember) a Lepidolite? pendent that is gorgouse - till i wear it

Yes, definitely need to set it in a way to maximize light! Will post when it’s done…maybe it will be a display vs wear piece like your lepidolite ::)

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
After yellow comes green! Here's a custom pendant Yvonne Raley made for me. There's a mandarin garnet in the center, 4 gorgeous tsavorites, tiny spinels and the pear drop at the bottom is a tourmaline.

Blue plays next!

PXL_20230302_183020924.MP.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results