shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Haha, @Avondale It was taken in bright light. It is less blinding under usual conditions.

@mellowyellowgirl this isn’t the one I was considering. I bought this at UltraLuxe when he was here in Singapore. The other ring is still in the US - but maybe I don’t want that one any more!

@Autumn in New England, the stones are red spinels, and you and others have probably guessed. They look a friendlier, more berry red indoors or in the shade. It is very hard to take accurate photos of the stones!
This is in the shade in the day. I can’t seem to capture the jelly-ish crystal brillance of the stones. Somehow my phone camera makes things look flatter and darker.
74E63EAE-C800-41B7-AE1E-B3EA23B2ECBF.jpeg
Indoors at night
E9C069C6-18D1-4BDF-89E3-6568F62B896F.jpeg

I know if red spinel looks good in photos, it must be spectacular in person. I think it's one of the most difficult gems to accurately photograph, along with emerald. Big congrats... she's a bold beauty!! :kiss2:

I'm taking blue. Benitoite. A rare gem that I crossed off my bucket list.

benitoite.jpg benitoite2.jpg

The cut is so magical... and it sort of looks like a parti stone. It's divine! What's the weight? I know this material is $$$.

PURPLE plays next!

toomuchB

Shiny_Rock
What a cool stone!!! Love the mix of colors.

The cut is so magical... and it sort of looks like a parti stone. It's divine! What's the weight? I know this material is $$$.

PURPLE plays next!

Thanks for the kind words. It is a bicolor without perfect 50/50 split, but face-up it does have a parti-color kind of look.

@Autumn in New England, it is 0.7ct with a shallow cut which I crudely measured to be around 3-3.5mm, so it faces up like/larger than many 1ct pieces (8.2x4.8mm). This vid shows the bicolorism, shallowness (I tried), and tilt windowing (probably caused by the shallow cut).

For pricing, 1ct is the magic number. Check WSFgems.com for example. 0.7-0.8cts for 1.2-2k, vs a 1.19ct for 10k. They had a flawless, 2ct round for somewhere around 40-60k - didn't take long to sell (or at least it disappeared from the site)

Last edited:

artofgems

Rough_Rock
My latest purchase and 1st big stone jewellery. An unheated 5ct Ceylon sapphire set with 2 moonstone on its side.

I visited the shop with the intention to view another ring and this one caught my heart instead.

IMG20221123093201~2.jpg

Attachments

• IMG20221123093248~2.jpg
    IMG20221123093248~2.jpg
    189.6 KB · Views: 8
M

maru8888777

My latest purchase and 1st big stone jewellery. An unheated 5ct Ceylon sapphire set with 2 moonstone on its side.

I visited the shop with the intention to view another ring and this one caught my heart instead.

IMG20221123093201~2.jpg

I think I recognize this vendor! I've drooled over this ring! Beautiful!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i have been saving this image for when this lovely colourful thread is active again
rainbowqueen-composite.jpg

even pink is included !
its even on a mug

il_170x135.4197410295_j8rz.jpg

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It's been a while since we've played this game!

Here is my purple sapphire (1.66ct, unheated/untreated natural Ceylon Sapphire from the Nivitigala mine). Cut is a bit wonky but love the color!

IMG_5017.jpg
IMG_5174.jpg

Picture-perfect royal purple shade, IMO. And no window! I find it nearly impossible to locate pear CS's with no loss of light surrounding the keel. Kudos!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Blindingly beautimous... and what a combo. Will you be setting these beauties soon? :)

These little guys blew my socks off when they arrived- absolutely neon in the sun! So it'll have to be something special . Still pondering what to do with them but my sisters birthstone is ruby and mine i s emerald- so maybe something like attached.
[ But first fate decided we needed a new fridge, stovetop, water heater and A/C all in the last year so I have to wait on any settings right now). :(
20230208_010437.jpg

These little guys blew my socks off when they arrived- absolutely neon in the sun! So it'll have to be something special . Still pondering what to do with them but my sisters birthstone is ruby and mine i s emerald- so maybe something like attached.
[ But first fate decided we needed a new fridge, stovetop, water heater and A/C all in the last year so I have to wait on any settings right now). :(
20230208_010437.jpg

A freehand CAD! That's awesome!! I love where you're going with this.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results