shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

ChaiK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting.

You and @icy_jade have been so kind to post all the eye candy.

I bet you have a mini fair in your vaults too and taking attendance must be a military exercise of amusement. I sometimes do mine and have a heart attack because I cannot find one item:knockout: and then I hunt the entire house, only to find it packed in some other box. Or in the bank vault (so far so good and I will endeavour to be more careful). My sister is often scolding me for this :D.

This one is 35 000 usd?

1658389684760.png

Do you know its specifics? It is not clear what sort of red it is or its size. I can see it is set in pink spinels and some diamonds which means the setting is not that much of a cost, so the stone must be a gorgeous highly prized one (haha, I learned this from @Lilith112 's thread when she was buying her ruby ring).

I ask only because I am curious as to why it should be 35 000 usd so I can understand value better.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for posting.

You and @icy_jade have been so kind to post all the eye candy.

I bet you have a mini fair in your vaults too and taking attendance must be a military exercise of amusement. I sometimes do mine and have a heart attack because I cannot find one item:knockout: and then I hunt the entire house, only to find it packed in some other box. Or in the bank vault (so far so good and I will endeavour to be more careful). My sister is often scolding me for this :D.

This one is 35 000 usd?

1658389684760.png

Do you know its specifics? It is not clear what sort of red it is or its size. I can see it is set in pink spinels and some diamonds which means the setting is not that much of a cost, so the stone must be a gorgeous highly prized one (haha, I learned this from @Lilith112 's thread when she was buying her ruby ring).

I ask only because I am curious as to why it should be 35 000 usd so I can understand value better.

Thank you so much.

@ChaiK The shop is Le Yen. The centre spinel is about 4 ct, from Vietnam. The colour is not a true red or rose red. The vendor told me the Indoor colour was inaccurate and that it was mostly orange in daylight. I‘ve observed that the price of pink and red spinels has risen 20-30% in the last 2 years. Although the centre stone is not red, it is a good size for spinel and the setting is pretty. However, at that price, there are many alternatives.

Re: attendance, I experienced the same horror about missing jewellery before I decided to take attendance. I lost a family heirloom and hunted for two weeks. I even prayed to St Anthony, @Autumn in New England. The next day, I found it inside a duvet. Now I note each piece of jewellery when I put it on. When I remove the pieces in the evening, they go into a compartmentalised tray for cleaning. Before bed, I put them into a jewellery case with designated places for each piece - attendance taking:wavey:.I don”t have a lot of pieces because I know above a certain number, I”ll lose track!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so are we stuck on indigo again ?
so no one else has too dark blue saphires from before they joined PS ? :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have one sad one that I obtained AFTER I joined PS…which is even worse to me :razz:

we need pictures !!!!
this is a safe and friendly porch !
all stones welcome
life is a journey and we learn from our mistakes
i never learn my lessons the first time around :lol-2: :(2 :angryfire:
give us a look see =)2
i mean - come on - i showed a 5 rand gem tree !

and i still have one gem tree to show :lol-2:
and im seriously thinking about buying a rose quartz gem tree :lol-2:
but that would mean i have 4 and i dont do 4 :wall::wall::wall:..so i would need to buy a 5th

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hahaha I already shared that stone previously. It’s locked in the safe…I keep wishing that when I pull it out weeks/months/years from now, it’ll magically be lighter :razz:

Does this work for indigo? I recently acquired this French cut sapphire eternity band set in platinum.

First photo is vendor’s, next 2 are mine :) 384F767B-2EF7-4921-A58B-CBFC2C87010F.jpeg
6BEC92DB-EE8C-4A6C-B760-DDACC0D166A5.jpeg
6F143B9D-4336-47A0-AF95-B79EFE3B898A.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hahaha I already shared that stone previously. It’s locked in the safe…I keep wishing that when I pull it out weeks/months/years from now, it’ll magically be lighter :razz:

Does this work for indigo? I recently acquired this French cut sapphire eternity band set in platinum.

First photo is vendor’s, next 2 are mine :) 384F767B-2EF7-4921-A58B-CBFC2C87010F.jpeg

that is lovelly
and a well-defined blue indigo too !

i have shared all my too dark blue ones too
one day im going to replace the stones

Starstruck8

Brilliant_Rock

I love that stack! It really brings out the colour.

Not strictly indigo, but this charoite (more a mineral than a gemstone, but cool) could count as violet to purple:
Charoite.jpg

And magenta (sapphire): MagentaSapphire.jpg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
wow !
what are these again
i need more info !
Grandidierite. Here’s more information:
i bought mine just for fun, because iI wanted to see what this rare stone was.

First photo is vendor’s, next 2 are mine
Those French cut sapphires are so pretty :kiss2::appl::appl:

I love that stack! It really brings out the colour.

Not strictly indigo, but this charoite (more a mineral than a gemstone, but cool) could count as violet to purple:
Charoite.jpg
Such a fascinating stone! I like those patterns

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
My son's amethyst specimen that he bought with his own money!

He has been staring at it at the Australian Museum gift shop since forever. One day he decided to take the plunge.

PXL_20220724_065158925.jpg

opps i deleted my post because i was a bit of a dork and forgot what thread i was on
:wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall::wall:

hopefully only @Crimson saw it :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:

Last edited:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
My son's amethyst specimen that he bought with his own money!

He has been staring at it at the Australian Museum gift shop since forever. One day he decided to take the plunge.

PXL_20220724_065158925.jpg

@mellowyellowgirl I love it! What a great choice. My daughter has tAiken to collecting rocks and crystals too. It would be nice to include specintents from children as well,

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@Mrs_Strizzle that is such a lovely color! I think the rose gold goes very well with it.
Here's the closest to red/orange that I bought in rose gold. It's a tourmaline that I've given to my October birthday baby. (Vendor @nutellakitty pics because they are so much better than I can take)
@mellowyellowgirl, What a large and gorgeous rubellite!
Ooh are we at red??? I can play!

Rubellite
I think we are on to Yellow now that both red and orange have been covered.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results