shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Let me help here:) I just got a chrysoberyl that’s a light gold and very sparkly!
(happened to have green when I’m taking the photo but no count, you know how one wants to wear their new ring 24/7:D)

41BD014B-15BD-441B-9354-1441F687D240.jpeg

lovelly sunny yellow i love it ! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :appl: :appl: :appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
any plans ?
its trying to rain here - and not a sun shower
i do adore that new ring ! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:

i have shown this on a few threads and my photo doesnt do her justice
but ths is Elizebth (named after Captain James Cook's wife Elizebth, as they hailed from Whitby - where the Jet comes from and the spider is for my whitby jet necklace)
she is moss agate (dyed) set in stirling silver and presently a brooch
20220728_143210.jpg
there will be a yet to be purchased jet element between the necklace beads and the spider
20220728_141807.jpg

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
lovelly sunny yellow i love it ! :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2: :appl: :appl: :appl: :kiss2: :kiss2: :kiss2:
any plans ?

but ths is Elizebth (named after Captain James Cook's wife Elizebth, as they hailed from Whitby - where the Jet comes from and the spider is for my whitby jet necklace)
20220728_143210.jpg
there will be a yet to be purchased jet element between the necklace beads and the spider
20220728_141807.jpg

Very cool, and worth the wait through the rainbow to see! I love a brooch and desperately hope they come back on trend.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very cool, and worth the wait through the rainbow to see! I love a brooch and desperately hope they come back on trend.

me too and thank you
im going to buy one of those thingys to turn a brooch into a pendent and then hopefully use a 'dog clip' arrangement so she can still be a brooch

personally i am a little concerned about the future of the Queen's brooch collection
while Camilla wears brooches, and also Ann and sometimes Sophie, its not very often we see Kate wear one
and i do not at all like the minimalistic jewlery approach taken by some younger Princess like the York sisters and more worrying some European princesses - some destined to be Queens
i know out in the real world times are tough for a lot of people and no one warms to the 'let them eat cake' school of monarchy but i should not have to enlarge my screen 10x so i can see a tiny little gold necklace around a princess' neck either !
Diana did brooches but the younger set today (im talking out in the real world now) dont remember her first hand as a young woman of the time

i remember my grandma always wore a brooch but mum never did
BRING BACK THE BROOCH !

Timor

Shiny_Rock
any plans ?

20220728_143210.jpg
20220728_141807.jpg

Such a cool spider!! (not to mention cool name as well)
Re chrysoberyl, thank you for liking it:) no plans yet, any inspirations?

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Such a cool spider!! (not to mention cool name as well)
Re chrysoberyl, thank you for liking it:) no plans yet, any inspirations?
thank you

to be honest i love your green ring so much its just do that again and again for all the colours of the rainbow including yellow :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
20220728_143210.jpg
20220728_141807.jpg
Such an adorable spider (never thought I would say that!)

I agree with you, @Mrs_Strizzle and @Daisys and Diamonds - BRING BACK THE BROOCH! They are fuss-free statement pieces, I like “Read by Pins” by the late Madeleine Albright.
This is one of my fav brooch messages - a spider, again, by Lady Hale.

me too and thank you
im going to buy one of those thingys to turn a brooch into a pendent and then hopefully use a 'dog clip' arrangement so she can still be a brooch
i remember my grandma always wore a brooch but mum never did
BRING BACK THE BROOCH !

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Let me help here:) I just got a chrysoberyl that’s a light gold and very sparkly!
(happened to have green when I’m taking the photo but no count, you know how one wants to wear their new ring 24/7:D)

41BD014B-15BD-441B-9354-1441F687D240.jpeg Suc
Such a blob of sunshine! I’ll follow your sunshine and @daisys and Diamonds’ whimsical spider with a petite blue zircon which was one of my first buys. I put it on a temporary silver setting and haven’t decided what to do with it. Next - Indigo/Violet. C48EBB2B-141D-4C42-8C3C-E4ED000CB696.jpeg

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
20220728_143210.jpg
20220728_141807.jpg

So cool @Daisys and Diamonds ! Can't wait to see the finished piece! I'm imagining a small spider web bail to attach her to the necklace!

1659975630297.png

Such a blob of sunshine! I’ll follow your sunshine and @daisys and Diamonds’ whimsical spider with a petite blue zircon which was one of my first buys. I put it on a temporary silver setting and haven’t decided what to do with it. Next - Indigo/Violet. C48EBB2B-141D-4C42-8C3C-E4ED000CB696.jpeg

Pretty blue @Crimson !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks for posting, @Eli22 I love hexagon shapes!
I just bought this pink cuprian tourmarine - haven’t received it. I was drawn to the vivid orchid pink. 97FA1139-F1BE-4ABB-95B4-F2B2AD346DDD.jpeg

seeing as you havn't recieved it yet we look forward to a hand shot ...and then another one when its set
because we are greedy for purple

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Omg!!!!! I think I almost bought this one if it's from where I think it's from!!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!! It's gorgeous and caught my eye for a while!

Haha, @mellowyellowgirl thanks! I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like IRL. it is my first purchase from the site so let’s see…

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha, @mellowyellowgirl thanks! I am looking forward to seeing what it looks like IRL. it is my first purchase from the site so let’s see…

I can't wait to see it!!!!!! Please post lots of pics! I'm partial to this company because they did such a great job with my ring and it makes life so much easier not having to try and set a big stone myself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results