clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You have this in the States ?
its delicouse
9979-RIBENA-BOTTLE-3D.png

One's mother would give it to one warm in the winter or if one was sick

Nowdays they say its bad for the teeth but ive always drink a tonn of fluoridated tap water so no problem here
Anyway love blackcurrent as a flavour

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
Here's some orange, a detail of orange & orange/pink sapphires in matrix with pseudomorphs of limonite after pyrite from Luc Yen, Vietnam:
Pinkish-orange sapphire in matrix detail.JPG

It matches the colours in @Daisys and Diamonds tulip quite well I think.
Fabulous, @Nick_G I can almost feel the textures.

That is so pretty
Bur I must be hungry
it looks like fruit cake
i love dried apricots
Like @Daisys and Diamonds, it made me think of food. it looked like granola to me!

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
You have this in the States ?
its delicouse
9979-RIBENA-BOTTLE-3D.png

One's mother would give it to one warm in the winter or if one was sick

Nowdays they say its bad for the teeth but ive always drink a tonn of fluoridated tap water so no problem here
Anyway love blackcurrent as a flavou

@Daisys and Diamonds I enjoyed Ribena both hot and cold, and later on, Ribena pastilles. I don’t remember having any Ribena when I lived in the US but it is popular in Singapore.
Do you remember this ruckus? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/mar/27/schoolsworldwide.foodanddrink?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I enjoyed Ribena both hot and cold, and later on, Ribena pastilles. I don’t remember having any Ribena when I lived in the US but it is popular in Singapore.
Do you remember this ruckus? https://www.theguardian.com/world/2007/mar/27/schoolsworldwide.foodanddrink?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Yes
that was huge news here
i don't like fizzy so as an adult i would often buy that one
i think the fizzy version is even worse
mum also used to make a home made one version boiling up blackcurrents and no doubt lots of sugar

But back then sugar wasn't added to everything we ate so it probably want so bad in context especially because kids all walked or rode their bikes to school back then

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
That is lovelly
what are the other stones ?
Would love a neck shot :kiss2:

One of my declutteresets.

The stones are inexpensive but sentimental. Amethysts are from a heart pendant my mom gave me. Rubies are from a heart pendant my grandma owned. Peridots are from a silver ring I got at a flea market. Sphene I bought myself. All set in 14k gold.

@Daisys and Diamonds I love that you live out loud, and selected all of those bright colors for your home. Mine is white antique brick, so I can't do much with it. Boring!
12345bounce.gif
We do not have that black currant juice in the states, and what a shame! It looks delish. I love pomegranate juice, which also stains the teeth... but it's soooo yummers.

@voce I'm not sure we'd seen yellow beryl yet? But we're 33 pages in, so who knows at this point! In any event, your ring is awesome!! It looks like a piece of architecture. Are those emeralds and aquas in there too? You kept it in the family!!

How cute are those bee earrings, @AudreyC!! Man, you have the best collection of jadeite. It's like green jello.
486.gif

That thing must light up a room, @seaurchin! The cut and color are TDF. It's a little piece of the Carribean on your hand.

@oncrutchesrightnow What a lovely (and meaningful) pendant! I am a committed lover of amethyst, and don't care what anyone else says. It may be quite common, but it's still one of the most beautiful, true purple gems (along with sapphire, IMO). I think it gets a bad rap because it's heated to create citrine and prasiolite. But most amethyst is untreated! And it's a reasonably durable gem with great clarity. As I said, still a fan! It used to be valued above all by royalty!! As I understand it, purple dye was very difficult and expensive to create back in the day, so amethyst was a natural way to "wear" purple.

And on that note, RED is up!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I thought the exact same thing!!

OMG, yes! We must be long-lost foodie sisters.
1237371yr8gunxuxm.gif

We have a couple of cities/ towns in NZ who really embrace art deco
the Hawkes bay got totalled in an earthquake in 193q and Naiper and Hastings were rebuilt in art deco and today they really celebrate that

Meanwhile over on the North island's west coast when we were hard out house hunting 5 years ago we found this art deco house on Pitt street - it was marketed as promise/ potential on Pitt or something similar- it still has the most beautiful art deco detailing of any art deco house ive seen in Wanganui - we have a really surprising amount of Art deco houses in anoungst the late Victorian villas & cute little English kitset railway cottages, the Edwardian Californian bungalows (and of course the mid century state houses like ours)
Anyway the real estate pictures (fish eye should be illegal) looked amazing
We went as far as ordering an art deco paint chart and we were planning a weekend in the Hawkes bay to get inspiration
unlike Naiper no one paints them here in all the beautiful art deco colours
Anyway finally drove up from Wellington for a viewing

What a dump
And it was small and poky
We still refer to it as heartbreak on Pitt

anyway that was our brief immersion in art deco
But it gave me an appreciation i didn't have previously of a whole era - i used to just look at those houses and think the roof probably leaks

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Daisys and Diamonds I love that you live out loud, and selected all of those bright colors for your home. Mine is white antique brick, so I can't do much with it. Boring!
12345bounce.gif
We do not have that black currant juice in the states, and what a shame! It looks delish. I love pomegranate juice, which also stains the teeth... but it's soooo yummers.

@voce I'm not sure we'd seen yellow beryl yet? But we're 33 pages in, so who knows at this point! In any event, your ring is awesome!! It looks like a piece of architecture. Are those emeralds and aquas in there too? You kept it in the family!!

How cute are those bee earrings, @AudreyC!! Man, you have the best collection of jadeite. It's like green jello.
486.gif

That thing must light up a room, @seaurchin! The cut and color are TDF. It's a little piece of the Carribean on your hand.

@oncrutchesrightnow What a lovely (and meaningful) pendant! I am a committed lover of amethyst, and don't care what anyone else says. It may be quite common, but it's still one of the most beautiful, true purple gems (along with sapphire, IMO). I think it gets a bad rap because it's heated to create citrine and prasiolite. But most amethyst is untreated! And it's a reasonably durable gem with great clarity. As I said, still a fan! It used to be valued above all by royalty!! As I understand it, purple dye was very difficult and expensive to create back in the day, so amethyst was a natural way to "wear" purple.

And on that note, RED is up!

I completly agree about amethysts
Before it got common when they discovered plentiful sources it was regarded as a precious stone
the Swedish royal family have the most beautiful pieces but unfortunately the BRF seem to regard it as mourning jewlery (Queen Victoria has a lot to answer for) and they actuallu sold off their amethyst tiara - evidently HM said "we have more than enough tiaras" :confused:

Here is Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
I get so mad down the mall
Even by mall standards the amethysts get all the cr*ppy cheap looking unimaginative and often downright ugly as sin settings
It deserves better

Amethyst_Tiara_for_Empress_Josephine_here_CP_Victoria_1.jpg

I completly agree about amethysts
Before it got common when they discovered plentiful sources it was regarded as a precious stone
the Swedish royal family have the most beautiful pieces but unfortunately the BRF seem to regard it as mourning jewlery (Queen Victoria has a lot to answer for) and they actuallu sold off their amethyst tiara - evidently HM said "we have more than enough tiaras" :confused:

Here is Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden
I get so mad down the mall
Even by mall standards the amethysts get all the cr*ppy cheap looking unimaginative and often downright ugly as sin settings
It deserves better

Amethyst_Tiara_for_Empress_Josephine_here_CP_Victoria_1.jpg

That tiara is one of the most beautiful I've seen, my friend!
queenemot.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results