shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am SO drawn to gems look like sweets and jellies!

So we go from Jelly to toast and marmalade (my favourite!!!) I must ask my aunt to make marmalade. She learnt to make it when studying in New Zealand.

In a lot of places citrus grows really well and it just drops off the trees and rots in people's garden (my lemon tree is taller than our house)
But ive never liked jam (jelly) so id never tried marmalade but then i read recently its falling out if favor in the UK and it really does have an interesting history

and you know everyone loves Paddington Bear
I like grapefruit marmalade

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ok speaking of citrus
my recently arrived citrene beads

that were too big ! :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:
(Wanted to use just a few at the end of my amber necklace to accommodate fat neck as when i finally found some fascated amber beads it was just not good economics and im trying to be smarter about the bling)

But too big !:doh::doh::doh:
That never happens with my internet shopping !
You would not read about it !
I usually order everything too small

i even ordered the water too small in the groceries this week :wall::wall::wall:300ml and its even the same price as the 600ml i usually have to buy (Gary won't drink our perfectly drinkable but hard tap water)
20220529_112555.jpg
So now i await the arrival of the Momma bear citrene after having both the Daddy bear and the Goldilocks sizes

So thinking might make these into double a braclete
They are pretty but also quite heavy, even so im almost tempted to buy some more and have a long necklace .... i can't stop playing with them

Anyway going to make use of them to practice knotting pearls 20220529_112455.jpg

Ok speaking of citrus
my recently arrived citrene beads

that were too big ! :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

But they're gorgeous! And I love the faceting. So sunny and happy.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

And I'm sure your neck is perfectly lovely, so stop!!
queenemot.gif

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
But they're gorgeous! And I love the faceting. So sunny and happy.
1896249wrr738gi7w.gif

And I'm sure your neck is perfectly lovely, so stop!!
queenemot.gif

Thank you
you know im one of those people who think everyone can wear a choker not just swans and Queens and Princess of a certain physique (i guess that's my '80's inner self talking again :lol-2: )

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
While we are waiting for green to make an appearance i thought id invite a rather grand friend to pop in
Queen Alexandra, the present Queen's great grandma

HM is my jewlery idol
The Queen literly, of the school of more is more
Evidently she had a scare on her neck and covered it up with chokers and collars and the ladies of the Empire followed suite
queenalexandracoronation1902a.jpg

While we are waiting for green to make an appearance i thought id invite a rather grand friend to pop in
Queen Alexandra, the present Queen's great grandma

HM is my jewlery idol
The Queen literly, of the school of more is more
Evidently she had a scare on her neck and covered it up with chokers and collars and the ladies of the Empire followed suite
queenalexandracoronation1902a.jpg

Oh my lawd!! :eek2: And I bet those pearls are all natural (not cultured)!! Gorrrgeous.

I'll take green this go-round! New 2.63ct. tsavorite from Jim McCormick. It has neon saturation with a medium tone. Never goes dark, unlike some of the other vivid tsavs I've ordered. It does have a feather off to one side under the crown, but you really have to look for it. BLUE is next!

Capturee85rb6tn7ym8umybtrv56.JPG

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my lawd!! :eek2: And I bet those pearls are all natural (not cultured)!! Gorrrgeous.

Actually beleave it or not Queen Alexandra did wear fake pearls (but surely not on corrination day ) but she had friends who would buy them from Paris, she would mix and match
(The diamonds are real though :lol-2: )

I think she would have made a fun PSer
where as her DIL Queen Mary would have been a stickler for the rules :lol-2:

I often use Akexandra as an example when some one on the pearl threads has inherited some pearls and they turn out to be fake and they feel disappointed
She was so fashionable back in her day ladies would copy her limb - take that Kardashian family !

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'll take green this go-round! New 2.63ct. tsavorite from Jim McCormick. It has neon saturation with a medium tone. Never goes dark, unlike some of the other vivid tsavs I've ordered. It does have a feather off to one side under the crown, but you really have to look for it. BLUE is next!

Capturee85rb6tn7ym8umybtrv56.JPG

Are you going to set this ?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Come on blue ...
What am i thinking
i have my new larmair :lol-2:

I hope im not lossing the plot and posted this here last night :lol-2:
Im sure i only put it in my whitby jet thread ...

Anyway
Here it is
I just love it
You can see its the colour of faded denim
There are 32 beads and more in transit
I only need about 15 or 16 for the jet necklace so im going to buy some more and pick out the best (or rather take out the ones with a brown undertone) and make a necklace
20220529_154351.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Indego you're up bud...

(Just skipping ahead a few colours for a moment but i found something today that isnt quite jewlery but will get us past orange if we get stuck any time soon)

1653809270966.png

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
I'll take green this go-round! New 2.63ct. tsavorite from Jim McCormick. It has neon saturation with a medium tone. Never goes dark, unlike some of the other vivid tsavs I've ordered. It does have a feather off to one side under the crown, but you really have to look for it.

Such a gorgeous Tsavorite! Can’t wait to see what you do with it.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
In a lot of places citrus grows really well and it just drops off the trees and rots in people's garden (my lemon tree is taller than our house)
But ive never liked jam (jelly) so id never tried marmalade but then i read recently its falling out if favor in the UK and it really does have an interesting history

and you know everyone loves Paddington Bear
I like grapefruit marmalade

Come on blue ...
What am i thinking
i have my new larmair :lol-2:

I hope im not lossing the plot and posted this here last night :lol-2:
Im sure i only put it in my whitby jet thread ...

Anyway
Here it is
I just love it
You can see its the colour of faded denim
There are 32 beads and more in transit
I only need about 15 or 16 for the jet necklace so im going to buy some more and pick out the best (or rather take out the ones with a brown undertone) and make a necklace
20220529_154351.jpg

@Daisys and Diamonds thank you for marmalade and larimar - they sound cute together. Marmalade is one of my fav jams - and I love my Paddington bear.
Glad you have something on standby for orange!

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
Where are all those midnight blue saphires we have countess threads on :kiss2:

You want midnight blue? Oooookaaayyy... Allow me to use this opportunity to tell you a little bit about this ring...

1653899718328.png

The dark stones are two very very dark blue sapphires (you can even see the blue a little if you zoom in on the upper stone). Very low quality, not at all transparent. The white stones are cz. Overall, not a high monetary value ring. But it has a story.

This ring is about as old as I am. When my mother was pregnant, my late grandmother was working as an ophthalmologist in Tunisia, she spent a number of years there. She couldn't be here for my birth so what she did was go out and find the prettiest gold ring she could find as a gift for her newborn granddaughter. She always wanted a daughter herself, but fate only gave her one son. She then proceeded to safekeep the ring for the next 18 years and gifted it to me for my 18th birthday. Talk about a present long time in the making!

The ring is hand forged in 18k gold and is very precious to me (almost to Gollum levels precious). I've even considered having the stones replaced with something of higher value but then I always revert back to thinking I'd rather keep it just as it is because that is how she bought it for me.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
You want midnight blue? Oooookaaayyy... Allow me to use this opportunity to tell you a little bit about this ring...

1653899718328.png

The dark stones are two very very dark blue sapphires (you can even see the blue a little if you zoom in on the upper stone). Very low quality, not at all transparent. The white stones are cz. Overall, not a high monetary value ring. But it has a story.

This ring is about as old as I am. When my mother was pregnant, my late grandmother was working as an ophthalmologist in Tunisia, she spent a number of years there. She couldn't be here for my birth so what she did was go out and find the prettiest gold ring she could find as a gift for her newborn granddaughter. She always wanted a daughter herself, but fate only gave her one son. She then proceeded to safekeep the ring for the next 18 years and gifted it to me for my 18th birthday. Talk about a present long time in the making!

The ring is hand forged in 18k gold and is very precious to me (almost to Gollum levels precious). I've even considered having the stones replaced with something of higher value but then I always revert back to thinking I'd rather keep it just as it is because that is how she bought it for me.

@Avondale, thank you for sharing such a touching story! It is a lovely ring - the crossover design and flowers are just precious. I actually like how dark the stones are, because of the contrast.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results