shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
You kill me! Well I'm sorry about your breakfast, but the tiger's eye sure is perdy!!

Thank you
the colour mix is really pretty
It was mum's- but i don't remenber her ever wearing it and my sister didn't want it
im tossing up weather to shorten it and make a matching braclete- i brought some more tiger eye (but .....but .... i kid you not ....the chips are .... a little too small :lol-2: :wall::wall::wall::wall::wall: :boohoo: )

Unfortunately i recently discovered what my sister probably already knew and that the gold beads are painted plastic - but im enjoying wearing it so much im going to buy some gold filled beads and a gold filled catch for them
So its a bit naughty to post on this part of PS ...but until recently i did think they were gold gold beads

now blue you say ... 6133030.jpg

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
@Eli22 I love the cut of your garnets!! The fire must be incredible. I bet they make quite an impression when worn with those diamond jackets. :kiss2:

@AudreyC That opal does look to have an orangey body! It's lovely... is she a fire opal with play of color?

@Daisys and Diamonds Nobody compares to The Boss!

Up next: YELLOW

@Autumn in New England it is a play of colour. One of my little experiments in creating pins. As @Daisys and Diamonds said, the world needs more brooches. I am really confused now. What happened to green? Was the periwinkle sapphire supposed to be blue? it is very pretty.

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, I love these garnets.
Thank you so much! :mrgreen2:

@Eli22 I love the cut of your garnets!! The fire must be incredible. I bet they make quite an impression when worn with those diamond jackets. :kiss2:

@AudreyC That opal does look to have an orangey body! It's lovely... is she a fire opal with play of color?

@Daisys and Diamonds Nobody compares to The Boss!

Up next: YELLOW

Thanks @Autumn in New England - I had no idea what to expect, I just wanted red stones (but couldn't afford rubies). The cutter is super talented as they are incredibly red and sparkly!

It’s technically a lab created blue topaz not a blue cz l

Well it's very pretty, my friend! The brilliance must be like a disco ball. :mrgreen2:

I am really confused now. What happened to green? Was the periwinkle sapphire supposed to be blue? it is very pretty.

Yes, I cheated a bit with the periwinkle taking the blue spot! It could have gone in the purple spot too. hee hee Daisy took the green spot with her peridot brooches. We're still on PURPLE.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Autumn in New England it is a play of colour. One of my little experiments in creating pins. As @Daisys and Diamonds said, the world needs more brooches. I am really confused now. What happened to green? Was the periwinkle sapphire supposed to be blue? it is very pretty.

You didn't miss the green
its just the peridot was so tiny in my brooches
I have this thing buying on the internet
everything arrives too small :boohoo:

the green got a bit lost on the lime blanket
Its an old blanket now - i use it as an under - blanket
(All our cats have all loved it)
Not sure if ive violated good taste by showing my bed's undergarments :lol-2: but if i photograph things on the bed they are less likely to get lost

20220518_183054.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
So purple ...
This is purple amethyst but its just looking a bit rose at night on my sexy faded peach winter sheets :lol-2:

Its a brooch with a hoop on the back for a chain
but im not convinced its mounted in the right place
i have Scotish heritage so i love heather
Actually it grows wild up on the central plateau not far from me
I love those big prickly Scotch thistles
When i was a wee girl mum would make them into a fairy's cup & saucer

I often pick one if i see one
that's one of my favorite parts of Braveheart when the wee girl who becomes his wife, gives him the thistle flower at his dad's and brother's funeral

Anyway its silver and enamel but its real amethyst so hope that's ok

20220527_212208.jpg princess-anne-1992-wedding-z.jpg
Completly off topic but i loved Princess Ann's wedding flowers when she married Sir Tim

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock

Not sure if ive violated good taste by showing my bed's undergarments :lol-2: but if i photograph things on the bed they are less likely to get lost

20220518_183054.jpg

Thanks, @Daisys and Diamonds , they were camouflaged! I didn’t read as carefully as I should have! Busy day at work. They are pretty. i love scatter brooches.

Crimson

Brilliant_Rock
So purple ...
This is purple amethyst but its just looking a bit rose at night on my sexy faded peach winter sheets :lol-2:

that's one of my favorite parts of Braveheart when the wee girl who becomes his wife, gives him the thistle flower at his dad's and brother's funeral

Completly off topic but i loved Princess Ann's wedding flowers when she married Sir Tim

The amethysts are a juicy red purple! Is this a brooch too? I am a fan of brooches. I do like that wedding bouquet too. Very chic and natural. Are we now on Pink or indigo?

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

20220518_183054.jpg

Lol, I photograph most of my jewelry on my ivory coverlet, because it is the most neutral backdrop I can find. Say what you will about the size or quality of your collection, @Daisys and Diamonds , but you have beautiful pieces, and great taste!

So purple ...

You're such a soulful person, my friend. I love listening to the backstories about your pieces and the simple things about your day and life.
hug7.gif
The brooch is, of course, lovely!!

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol, I photograph most of my jewelry on my ivory coverlet, because it is the most neutral backdrop I can find. Say what you will about the size or quality of your collection, @Daisys and Diamonds , but you have beautiful pieces, and great taste!

Thats very kind of you to say
Nothing is really PS level but sometimes its just about loving what you own

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just a warning sooner or latter you are all going to see our ugly as sin (but warm as toast) polar flannel (polar fleese) sheets - i brought them half way through last winter when we both felt freezing and i just had to buy what was left (grey and camo) :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2: :lol-2:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
The amethysts are a juicy red purple! Is this a brooch too? I am a fan of brooches. I do like that wedding bouquet too. Very chic and natural. Are we now on Pink or indigo?

Yes its a brooch
actually ive never worn it
See i hate winter clothes and its quite a heavy brooch and needs thick dense fabric to support it.
But i won't think the necklace part is positioned in the right place
i kind of want the flowers to be pointing down

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results