shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's play a game... rainbow gems.

Hello friends!

I was thinking this may be a fun way for members to show off their gems (and CS jewelry). We each post a loose stone or jewelry piece in order of the colors of the rainbow. So it would be red first, then orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and let's add pink at the end for good measure. Any variation of those colors will do.... any quality, any cut (cab/faceted/rough), etc. If your gem is of the color change variety, pick a spot! And give us a little info on the gem/jewelry piece as well, if you'd like. When we get to pink, the next person posts another red gem, and we start all over. FCDs are, of course, also welcome! :kiss2:

I shall start us off... 2.72ct. red spinel. GO!!

CaptureSP.JPG

JewelledEscalators

Brilliant_Rock
Hello friends!

I was thinking this may be a fun way for members to show off their gems (and CS jewelry). We each post a loose stone or jewelry piece in order of the colors of the rainbow. So it would be red first, then orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, and let's add pink at the end for good measure. Any variation of those colors will do.... any quality, any cut (cab/faceted/rough), etc. If your gem is of the color change variety, pick a spot! And give us a little info on the gem/jewelry piece as well, if you'd like. When we get to pink, the next person posts another red gem, and we start all over. FCDs are, of course, also welcome! :kiss2:

I shall start us off... 2.72ct. red spinel. GO!!

CaptureSP.JPG

Where is the spinel from? It's gorgeous :kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

Snowbebe

Rough_Rock
Isn't this from Inken? OMG... gorgeous!! She is making a ring for me as we speak!! This is spessartine, correct?

Who has some yellow for us? :kiss2:
Yes! I had her reset one of my other stones. So she used my old setting for a spessartine to make use of it !

Can’t wait to see your Burma Stunner in a ring…. We need to see your whole collection. Your spinel looks divine!!

I really admired that on IG -- so amazing! Nice work!
Thank you!!

Beautiful ring! It’s blindingly bright!:)
Thank you.

Yes! I had her reset one of my other stones. So she used my old setting for a spessartine to make use of it !

Can’t wait to see your Burma Stunner in a ring…. We need to see your whole collection. Your spinel looks divine!!

That's awesome! Was it a good experience? The ring looks fabulous... you'd never know it was a re-set... they look made for one another. Inken has been really lovely to work with. Can you believe this is my first time having a ring made? I'm a rockhound, but not a jewelry buff! I always intend to have stones set, but never quite get there. Whenever I have any disposable income, it goes right back into another gem. *sigh* :loopy: But I'm trying to be satisfied with what I've got at this point!

We need some purple and pink now!!

Ellipses

Rough_Rock
I’m going to steal this orange spot. Attempts were made to photograph. Orange spinel 0.98 ct precision Portuguese cut by the looks of it by Steve from Westview. It’s more salmon leaning on orange or soft orange creamsicle colored. D8E415B6-A6F2-46AA-B5AA-0FF3CF4048FC.jpeg

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This spess is so gorgeous (I type spess autocorrect says it’s speed.)

Thank you! It does look red like in the picture often, but can also look more orangey at times. Garnets can be so shifty in different lighting, but they are still one of my favorite type of gems.

A red spess garnet in the snow, from Gary at Finewater.
This is a great idea for a thread @Autumn in New England !

Oh wow... I've never seen a spess SO red! And it's incredibly well cut (no surprise there). I don't have any RBC gems. Been hoping for so long to come across one with the perfect color, clarity, and cut. :boohoo: Anyway! What a beauty. And I'm so glad you're enjoying the thread!!

I’m going to steal this orange spot. Attempts were made to photograph. Orange spinel 0.98 ct precision Portuguese cut by the looks of it by Steve from Westview. It’s more salmon leaning on orange or soft orange creamsicle colored.

Such an unusual shade for spinel! Almost pad-like. And you had me at "creamsicle." :mrgreen2:

Green is next, my friends! Will it be emerald... or garnet... or diopside... or jade... or? The suspense is killing me. :mrgreen:

Ellipses

Rough_Rock
I will take this yellow spot to keep us rolling! In truth, this is a new purchase, and I'm not sure I'm keeping it just yet. If the window is significant in person, back she goes.

8 ct. danburite...

JTV-DAF001-1-zoom.jpg

Oh wow, the cutting on this one. :kiss2:

Such an unusual shade for spinel! Almost pad-like. And you had me at "creamsicle." :mrgreen2:
Yah, when I saw it, I was like 1649916058319.gif when I first saw it. After all, the color reminds me of orange food which I like that isn’t an orange which I try to stay away from (except mangos and curry).

Kalynna

Rough_Rock
Okay, I'll do green, and please excuse my dry lizard hands. Here us my moody swampy greenish Songea sapphire with my pretty princess of a tsavorite.

PXL_20220414_061547025.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20220414_061248424.PORTRAIT.jpg

I still have no idea what to do with this sapphire. He (yes, he's definitely he!) is a sage green with yellow flashes in indoor lighting and looks more lagoon teal with a hint of purple outdoors. Unfortunately he refuses to shine for the camera!

Okay, I'll do green, and please excuse my dry lizard hands. Here us my moody swampy greenish Songea sapphire with my pretty princess of a tsavorite.

I still have no idea what to do with this sapphire. He (yes, he's definitely he!) is a sage green with yellow flashes in indoor lighting and looks more lagoon teal with a hint of purple outdoors. Unfortunately he refuses to shine for the camera!

:lol-2: Well MISTER sapphire is quite lovely indeed! I adore how you describe him as moody... very earthy indeed. It's wonderfully cut too. And that tsavorite is stunning!! Thank you for giving us a green twofer!

BLUE is next... :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results