shape
carat
color
clarity

Let's plan an L.A-area get-together!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Hi Gals:

Looks like there was a ton of interest on this in another post. So let's do it! I think we should start with a meal-type gathering, and take it from there.

DATE: I'm thinking that this will take some planning, so let's shoot for end of February and beyond.
TIME: Thanks to our sprawling city, a weeknite gathering would be impossible! So how about either a Sat/Sun brunch/lunch or Sun eve dinner?
PLACE: PLease indicate areas that are convenient for you.

I'll get the ball rolling. Here's my input:

DATE: Feb 25, 26, March 11, 12
TIME: Sat brunch or Sun dinner
PLACE: SF Valley, Westside, South Bay, Long Beach

Let's make this an active discussion. Please share your ideas/thoughts about how we can make this happen!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
ChargerGrrl, I''m down for those dates, and definitely agree on a weekend. I''m better at the Westside, though.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
I''m in!

DATE: Any dates are fine with me - no specific plans for the next couple of months.

TIME: Any

PLACE: This one is difficult for me. I live in Hollywood on Melrose Ave. I can drive anywhere, as long as I don''t have to get on the freeway. I have serious panic attacks on the freeway and can no longer do it. So my preferences for location would be Hollywood, Downtown, SF Valley, Westside. Any other locations, maybe I could hitch a ride with someone from my neighborhood?

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I am moving to LA Feb 25th, so March 11th or 12th would work out the best. I will be living across from the grove (???) but am only familiar with the South Bay! It would be great to meet up with people!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Yay! This will be fun
1.gif

Date: March 11
Time: brunch or lunch
Place: Longbeach, Westside (that''s UCLA area right?)

I''m coming from Orange County. I''m not familiar with South Bay, can someone give me a clue of where that is?

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2006 3:41:56 PM
Author: sunkist
Yay! This will be fun
1.gif

Date: March 11
Time: brunch or lunch
Place: Longbeach, Westside (that''s UCLA area right?)

I''m coming from Orange County. I''m not familiar with South Bay, can someone give me a clue of where that is?
Wouldn''t that be Redondo Beach, Hermosa Beach, Manhattan Beach? There''s a lot of great places for brunch in Marina del Rey.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Ms Flutter, there are also GREAT places to eat at the Grove!! You mean the one off 3rd Street, right? i go there with my Dad every weekend, at least I used to before I moved in with BF. Also, Marvel, you''re right about South Bay.. It sounds like Westside is pretty good... The Marina does have a ton of places to eat, too.

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Yes, it sounds like the Westside is a central location for us! There''s tons of places to meet up around Santa Monica & West L.A

msflutter: I live in the SouthBay (Redondo Beach), but work in the Mid-Wilshire area- about 1/2 mile from the Grove & Farmers Market. I go there for lunch about 2x a month. It''s a great mall, but I avoid it at all costs during the Holidays.

I don''t think we should limit this to just BIW. What do y''all think about posting this in some of the other forums (Hangout & LIW)?

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I absolutely agree we should move this topic to the more public forums!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/26/2006 6:21:52 PM
Author: ChargerGrrl
Yes, it sounds like the Westside is a central location for us! There''s tons of places to meet up around Santa Monica & West L.A

msflutter: I live in the SouthBay (Redondo Beach), but work in the Mid-Wilshire area- about 1/2 mile from the Grove & Farmers Market. I go there for lunch about 2x a month. It''s a great mall, but I avoid it at all costs during the Holidays.

I don''t think we should limit this to just BIW. What do y''all think about posting this in some of the other forums (Hangout & LIW)?
Hey ChargerGirl, I LIVE in REDONDO BEACH!!! I''m in South Redondo, near Alta Vista. Where are you?

flutterby

Brilliant_Rock
I work for american girl and we are opening a store at the grove. We are moving across the street (palazzo on hausser??) only temporarily till we know where we want to live. My FI is from PV and would love to live more in the south bay, but I dont know how far of a commute that would be for me. I will be great to meet people in LA.

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
I might be up for this... I''m in Irvine now, so the closer to me the better. Anytime on the weekend should be fine.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
It''s a little too early for me to know if I can make it, but keep me posted on the date and location.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Excellent Idea! And the more the merrier so yeah, post on another forum.

Westside or Southbay sounds like a good central point--especially Southbay for anyone in OC. If we do a weekend, like Sunday brunch, then I could actually go anywhere but I live in the Southbay.

March 11-12 is the only weekend I''m not available.

ChargerGirl--I live in Redondo too!

I can''t wait to meet you guys!

Date: 1/26/2006 8:32:05 PM
Author: msflutter
I work for american girl and we are opening a store at the grove. We are moving across the street (palazzo on hausser??) only temporarily till we know where we want to live. My FI is from PV and would love to live more in the south bay, but I dont know how far of a commute that would be for me. I will be great to meet people in LA.
MS--the Southbay will be a long commute if you work at the Grove. There''s no good freeway system to get there so you''d be taking a lot of surface streets. Rush hour will last all day long. The area around the Grove is awesome so I bet you will like living there--so many things in walking distance to you. I think the rent prices are relatively similar to those in the Southbay. I guess it just depends on whether you want to be close to the beach.

selflove

Brilliant_Rock
Marvel--I just saw your post, you''re in Redondo too!! I''m in North Redondo, like Aviation and MB Blvd.
35.gif

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
marvel & selflove: I''m in North Redondo. 190th and Inglewood.

msflutter: yeah, my commute from the S. Bay to Mid-Wilshire sucks. It''s at least 45 minutes. It''s taken me as long as 1 1/2 hours (rare), and as little as 30 minutes (during the holidays, when the roads are empty). A good chunk of the S. Bay can be a 10 minute drive to the freeway. It takes me about 5-7 minutes, (''cause I''m in N. Redondo) and then I take the 405 to La Cienega. I hop off there and take that all the way up, cut over a bit to the east (usually via Fairfax), and eventually make it to 5757 Wilshire Blvd. Whew!

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/27/2006 1:58:31 PM
Author: selflove
Marvel--I just saw your post, you''re in Redondo too!! I''m in North Redondo, like Aviation and MB Blvd.
35.gif
35.gif
Hi neighbor!!!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
I''m in Culver City, which is about 5 minutes from Marina Del Rey. I have family in the south bay, though. Isn''t getting anywhere in L.A. just horrible? Speaking of, I''ve got to get to Manhattan Beach for a boys basketball game, then we''re heading to the Laker Game! Yay!

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/26/2006 10:27:57 PM
Author: Faerievert
I might be up for this... I''m in Irvine now, so the closer to me the better. Anytime on the weekend should be fine.

Hey Faerievert! I''m in Irvine too!
1.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
I''m in San Diego, but I head up to L.A. all the time. I might just have to join you girls--please keep this thread updated with a time/place
1.gif

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
Hey sunkist! Nice to meet ya neighbor. I''m at Culver & Walnut, how about you?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
1.gif
I''m in UCI grad housing

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Researcher, I don''t think I knew you were in SD!!! (I knew SoCal, but not SD!!)

I would really love to join you gals and come on up, I just don''t know if I will be able to. I''m heading into rehearsals for another tour and will be traveling a lot from the end of this month thru May, but if it''s possible, I''ll do whatever I can to make it!

Faerievert

Shiny_Rock
that''s awesome sunkist- I just got a job working in the UCI registrar''s office! We should do lunch some time.

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/28/2006 8:06:03 PM
Author: blueroses
Researcher, I don''t think I knew you were in SD!!! (I knew SoCal, but not SD!!)

I would really love to join you gals and come on up, I just don''t know if I will be able to. I''m heading into rehearsals for another tour and will be traveling a lot from the end of this month thru May, but if it''s possible, I''ll do whatever I can to make it!

I just saw that you''re in La Jolla!!! I''m in Del Mar, so I''m not exactly far away
9.gif
In fact, I hit the Starbucks by Trader Joes at LEAST 3 times a week. We should meet up!
35.gif

E B

Ideal_Rock
As of now, I''m right next to Silverlake, but we''ll be moving to Pasadena at the end of April! Just let me know where and when!
9.gif

caligal

Shiny_Rock
Let me know when you all plan a date! I''m in the midst of job searching, so I may not be able to make it- but sure would love to meet my PS So-Cal gals!

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
35.gif

I haven't forgotten about this. Just wanted to wait a bit and gauge interest, locations & dates.

I didn't mention the first weekend in March in my original post, as I had a conflict that is no more. I know that selflove can't make it on the 11th-12th, so how about the weekend prior? It would most likely be in the Westside. I'll start checking places out. Maybe I can get us a private room somewhere!

Please advise on your availability for March 4th-5th, and if you prefer Saturday or Sunday.

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results