shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My dog Bailey’s birthday is today. He passed away July 1st. He would have been 13. :cry2:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Marriage is a huge struggle for me. My DH doesn't cook, shop or clean. I have been taken for granted for decades and I resent his dependence on me.

cheers--Sharon

hey girlie!! I'm in your club, it's exhausting, sad and effed up, we love 'em but jeeze louise it's a PITAQ

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My dog Bailey’s birthday is today. He passed away July 1st. He would have been 13. :cry2:

Aw I'm sorry, Salley died :( and now lives in a box near the tv, it is so hurtful - I so understand.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aw I'm sorry, Salley died :( and now lives in a box near the tv, it is so hurtful - I so understand.

Thank you @Bayek. It’s heart crushing. I know how much you lived your Salley.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry about Salley @Bayek. Our furbabies are our family members. The void they leave when we lose them is immeasurable.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I am very worried about the future of our country and democracy and environment. Living under a dark cloud or at least close enough to see it looming in the distance.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An electrician messed up the safety plate in our electric panel. The one that keeps the generator off except when the whole house breaker is switched off... Yeah. So the whole house is switched on with no way to turn it off so we can't use the generator. Electricity has been out for 9+ hours now and more storms coming through tomorrow. Oh, and we are on a well. No electricity means no water means no toilet flush.

Grrrr!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
An electrician messed up the safety plate in our electric panel. The one that keeps the generator off except when the whole house breaker is switched off... Yeah. So the whole house is switched on with no way to turn it off so we can't use the generator. Electricity has been out for 9+ hours now and more storms coming through tomorrow. Oh, and we are on a well. No electricity means no water means no toilet flush.

Grrrr!

Ugh I'm sorry. Can you get the electrician over there to fix it today?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugh I'm sorry. Can you get the electrician over there to fix it today?

I left a voicemail, sent an email, and texted. Hoping they can get out today (Monday). Won't know for some hours as it is 2am here. Thankfully, our electricity came back around two hours ago. I have the bit needed to handle it ourselves ordered for delivery Tuesday so we can take care of it if the electrician can't get out. The trees down and flooding is likely to make it more challenging. Not sure if he can get here. (Which hopefully doesn't mean no Amazon by Tuesday!) We had a foot and a half of water over the road earlier today. The only other way out is being evacuated due to flooding. We're having all sorts of fun weather this year. Yuck!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I left a voicemail, sent an email, and texted. Hoping they can get out today (Monday). Won't know for some hours as it is 2am here. Thankfully, our electricity came back around two hours ago. I have the bit needed to handle it ourselves ordered for delivery Tuesday so we can take care of it if the electrician can't get out. The trees down and flooding is likely to make it more challenging. Not sure if he can get here. (Which hopefully doesn't mean no Amazon by Tuesday!) We had a foot and a half of water over the road earlier today. The only other way out is being evacuated due to flooding. We're having all sorts of fun weather this year. Yuck!

Relief your electricity came back. That’s the critical thing. You’ll get it fixed before the next outage. In that situation I’d be stressed too. Our electrician does emergency visits but the pandemic has changed everything and no one is super accommodating anymore. I remember our ac went out and our hvac guys came at 10 pm on a Saturday night. Those days are over I think.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Relief your electricity came back. That’s the critical thing. You’ll get it fixed before the next outage. In that situation I’d be stressed too. Our electrician does emergency visits but the pandemic has changed everything and no one is super accommodating anymore. I remember our ac went out and our hvac guys came at 10 pm on a Saturday night. Those days are over I think.

Yep. Sad but true! Even more when it is a subcontractor. This is the guy brought in by the solar system installation company. Right now, I am even having trouble getting a good pest control company. I pointed out a bee nest (wasps) to the guy who was out last. He got near enough to see and said it was a wasp nest and I ought to remove it. Really!? I thought that was why we paid for pest control!? Got something in the crawl space and/or walls that got brought to attention in the super quiet between wind gusts. Definitely not happy!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep. Sad but true! Even more when it is a subcontractor. This is the guy brought in by the solar system installation company. Right now, I am even having trouble getting a good pest control company. I pointed out a bee nest (wasps) to the guy who was out last. He got near enough to see and said it was a wasp nest and I ought to remove it. Really!? I thought that was why we paid for pest control!? Got something in the crawl space and/or walls that got brought to attention in the super quiet between wind gusts. Definitely not happy!

Ugh that sucks. We have a yearly contract with a pest control company (since 1999) and so far so good. We do get wasps nests etc and they usually come within a few days. I don’t let them do inside extermination anymore since realizing how harmful it can be to the kitties and us. But we pay for the yearly contract so we can get efficient fast service. If you’re paying for a contract and they’re not helping definitely cancel and try finding a better pest control company. It’s one thing if you don’t have a contract but having one should count for something.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Why do men p standing up? That’s all I can say..:evil2:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do men p standing up? That’s all I can say..

We should start a petition. If they can't shoot straight and they dribble around the court, they should sit down.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They should sit….I don’t get it..

Just asked Greg 8)
He stands to pee during the day but sits in the middle of the night because he doesn’t want to turn the light on. I knew this of course but just wanted to double check before I shared.
:lol:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just asked Greg 8)
He stands to pee during the day but sits in the middle of the night because he doesn’t want to turn the light on. I knew this of course but just wanted to double check before I shared.
:lol:

Thank you Greg! Hahahaha That’s because he wants everything to go where it’s supposed to go! I can’t say my husband does this! :twisted2:

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why do men p standing up? That’s all I can say..:evil2:

DH says that sitting is awkward... Things don't point in a convenient location so end up with more mess. Personally, I don't buy it. I have taken to walking out of the bathroom and telling him to clean up the lake himself because that is just gross :eek-2:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey girlie!! I'm in your club, it's exhausting, sad and effed up, we love 'em but jeeze louise it's a PITAQ

Add me to the club @canuk-gal..My husband will be retiring January 3. I’m afraid..very afraid…I’m expecting him to step up…but really don’t think he will. :wink2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For all of you complaining about the bathroom situation….I have two sons 7 and 14 and a husband. I feel your pain!!!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For all of you complaining about the bathroom situation….I have two sons 7 and 14 and a husband. I feel your pain!!!

Oooooooo, that gave me chills. You deserve, at the very least, a medal, a housekeeper, and an annual one-month vacation all by yourself in a tropical paradise having your every whim catered to by a bevy of servants.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooooooo, that gave me chills. You deserve, at the very least, a medal, a housekeeper, and an annual one-month vacation all by yourself in a tropical paradise having your every whim catered to by a bevy of servants.

Yes! Where do I sign up? ;-)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Add me to the club @canuk-gal..My husband will be retiring January 3. I’m afraid..very afraid…I’m expecting him to step up…but really don’t think he will. :wink2:

Be afraid be VERY afraid! LOLOL :kiss: :lol-2::wavey:

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Warning: this is a heavy one

After being given the all clear for 3 days, my bil and my father were both informed that they have cancer again last week. I’m trying to wrap my head around things and stay positive. The last 5 years have been filled with cancer. Usually we have only had one fight to deal with at a time. I will try to be strong for my mom and my sister and my nephew (they live in the same household).

Sorry. I just had to get it off my chest. Prayers and positive vibes greatly appreciated!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Warning: this is a heavy one

After being given the all clear for 3 days, my bil and my father were both informed that they have cancer again last week. I’m trying to wrap my head around things and stay positive. The last 5 years have been filled with cancer. Usually we have only had one fight to deal with at a time. I will try to be strong for my mom and my sister and my nephew (they live in the same household).

Sorry. I just had to get it off my chest. Prayers and positive vibes greatly appreciated!

@lulu_ma I’m so sorry..I hope they get very successful treatments with a cure in their futures..

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry @lulu_ma :(
Sending bucketloads of healing vibes.
Hoping their treatments are very successful.
(((Hugs)))

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry @lulu_ma ...just when you think everything is ok you're hit with this news. I'm sure your family is devastated.:(sad
Sending you and yours gentle hugs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results