shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH was trimming 5YOs nails today and took a chunk off his pinkie! It was bad enough that he nearly took him to urgent care and actually called me at work. I'm home now and have changed the bandage from paper towels and tape to actual gauze and bandaids wrapped around to hold it on. I think they're both traumatized, my poor guys.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is picture day at school, after my recent extremely unpleasant conversation with my SIL I thought I would text her a picture of her nephew. She responds with “hahahaha, he looks like a dork”, she was talking about his hair specifically.

I don’t know why I bother.

EFD15D70-05CC-49CB-8237-19B0DA37C35A.jpeg

Sorry, she sounds like an a-hole. People who purposely put down other people’s (relatives, friends, etc) kids are a-holes. (Ha, ha, just kidding :roll:)
She is either jealous or trying to get under your skin.
Don’t send her any more pictures. She doesn’t deserve any. He is gorgeous!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
DH was trimming 5YOs nails today and took a chunk off his pinkie! It was bad enough that he nearly took him to urgent care and actually called me at work. I'm home now and have changed the bandage from paper towels and tape to actual gauze and bandaids wrapped around to hold it on. I think they're both traumatized, my poor guys.

Oh no! Mom to the rescue!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am SO SICK of people thinking I haven't carried out a given task, when I have, ALL BECAUSE THEY CAN'T READ THEIR EMAILS! So I get a message asking me why I haven't done X, when I HAVE, which they would know, if they bothered to READ!

I'm also sick of people who don't read their emails before sending, causing all manner of confusion. Had a situation like that today. And there was a week, a few weeks ago, where I had the situation way too many times of having to forward emails to people that I'd already sent way, because apparently nobody can read.

And don't get me started on people who won't even bother to answer your emails.

Grrr...

It's interesting, though, how email exposes bad communicators. It's like a litmus test for that.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2021-04-16 at 11.51.16 AM.png

lulu_ma

Ideal_Rock
Springtime in New England (not my pic-this is from a friend who lives 20 miles away)

24003440-50E9-433A-A4D2-62A697E99EC2.jpeg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sick and tired of forever being in pain. Had a steroid shot into my arm 5 days ago and it still hurts, just less intense but it's still there enough to make me grumpy 24/7 but at least I can sort of sleep at night?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Had an interesting conversation with the vice principal at older son’s school this week. They are doing SBAC testing (Common Core assessments) and because he is strictly remote we need to make a special appointment to come in and have him test. Asked my neighbor since her kids are strictly remote and she said the principal told her the kids have to take the test for placement next year. This is a lie and I told her as much because our son has already picked his classes for high school next year.

Anyways I get on the phone with her and she tries all the same tricks to get me to bring him in, it would be a good baseline for next year, they are mandatory, he has to come back in-person at some point. I am not swayed, then in an act of desperation she says:

“Just between you and me could he just login and answer one question so we don’t risk losing our funding?”

BAM! Right there that told me what the real motivation is, not the child’s knowledge but the money they risk losing for each child that doesn’t take the test. Absolutely not will I compromise my integrity. She told me she will have to talk to her boss. Great, have her call me too, I doubt I will be hearing from them. Bunch of corrupt muppets they are.

HollyJane

Shiny_Rock
I am SO SICK of people thinking I haven't carried out a given task, when I have, ALL BECAUSE THEY CAN'T READ THEIR EMAILS! So I get a message asking me why I haven't done X, when I HAVE, which they would know, if they bothered to READ!

I'm also sick of people who don't read their emails before sending, causing all manner of confusion. Had a situation like that today. And there was a week, a few weeks ago, where I had the situation way too many times of having to forward emails to people that I'd already sent way, because apparently nobody can read.

And don't get me started on people who won't even bother to answer your emails.

Grrr...

It's interesting, though, how email exposes bad communicators. It's like a litmus test for that.

I wish I could like this post 10 times. I so identify. The person who doesn't read my emails is my 'supervisor.' Argh!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holly, me too! Once, I emailed her three times asking for her sign-off on something, and then she emailed me asking me why I hadn't completed the task!!!! I forwarded her the three emails where I'd asked for her sign-off. Really, email shouldn't be this hard for people!

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Except for urgent work matters, I've decided I am only going to email people once. If people have an email address, it's their responsibility to read their damn emails. Arghhh!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel badly for my husband. He had a surgical procedure on Tuesday and they attempted to do spinal anesthesia, but could not get the needle into the space due to arthritic bony overgrowth on his spine. While they were trying to get in, he felt a shooting pain down his leg -- likely the needle contacted a spinal nerve-- so they gave him general anesthesia instead.

Surgery went well and he's recovering nicely but he continues to have intermittent pains in his leg from the failed attempt at the spinal. The pain woke him up repeatedly last night. From what I read online it could take from several days to several weeks to go away.

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It seems that people feel email is an area where they can be really, really sloppy. I wonder why. I don't see email that way at all.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so freaking angry right now. DH was supposed to get a severance check. Plus unemployment. Filed immediately for unemployment (week of February 5) and nothing yet. Still processing. Grr. Whatever. Just waiting. Check from employer should have been here weeks ago. Nothing yet. He has been emailing his exit person for weeks. Still nothing. Got a call this morning. The check was already cashed. By his name. What!?! Oh, but the check that was supposed to come to us at our new address (still in WA) got shipped to that address signature required but was delivered to an address in Irvine, CA!?!?! How does that even happen!? Employer can't do anything until we get through a whole process with the bank's fraud department. Then they can, hopefully, see about reissuing.

The only good thing here is that we sold our house and moved when we did. We got enough $$$ out of the sale to be able to keep going while this whole mess goes and goes forever.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so freaking angry right now. DH was supposed to get a severance check. Plus unemployment. Filed immediately for unemployment (week of February 5) and nothing yet. Still processing. Grr. Whatever. Just waiting. Check from employer should have been here weeks ago. Nothing yet. He has been emailing his exit person for weeks. Still nothing. Got a call this morning. The check was already cashed. By his name. What!?! Oh, but the check that was supposed to come to us at our new address (still in WA) got shipped to that address signature required but was delivered to an address in Irvine, CA!?!?! How does that even happen!? Employer can't do anything until we get through a whole process with the bank's fraud department. Then they can, hopefully, see about reissuing.

The only good thing here is that we sold our house and moved when we did. We got enough $$$ out of the sale to be able to keep going while this whole mess goes and goes forever.

What a nightmare @TooPatient! I hope everything gets worked out soon! I had my identity stolen once. It was so stressful. It all worked out but the red tape can be exhausting. I hope they solve yours quickly!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Sorry, she sounds like an a-hole. People who purposely put down other people’s (relatives, friends, etc) kids are a-holes. (Ha, ha, just kidding :roll:)
She is either jealous or trying to get under your skin.
Don’t send her any more pictures. She doesn’t deserve any. He is gorgeous!

How awful!! And he's adorable!

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Someone (not from PS) contacts me about a ring I am selling and says they want it and how excited they are etc etc. as it is exactly what they are looking for. Asks for PP invoice. I send it. Says they didn't receive and they just cannot wait and are excited blah blah. I send again (this is all in real time texting). I am pretty sure it gets sent because it doesn't bounce back and paypal never says "address not found" or anything. Anyway after that second send, silence. Nothing. Nada. I text one more time and nothing. Why do people do this? At least write back to say you changed your mind ffs. How hard is that to do? This type of thing happens on a fairly regular basis.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone (not from PS) contacts me about a ring I am selling and says they want it and how excited they are etc etc. as it is exactly what they are looking for. Asks for PP invoice. I send it. Says they didn't receive and they just cannot wait and are excited blah blah. I send again (this is all in real time texting). I am pretty sure it gets sent because it doesn't bounce back and paypal never says "address not found" or anything. Anyway after that second send, silence. Nothing. Nada. I text one more time and nothing. Why do people do this? At least write back to say you changed your mind ffs. How hard is that to do? This type of thing happens on a fairly regular basis.

That sounds so frustrating @Mreader..I hate selling anything...and I need to. Ugh

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is picture day at school, after my recent extremely unpleasant conversation with my SIL I thought I would text her a picture of her nephew. She responds with “hahahaha, he looks like a dork”, she was talking about his hair specifically.

I don’t know why I bother.

EFD15D70-05CC-49CB-8237-19B0DA37C35A.jpeg

Your son is gorgeous, Yada! He looks really happy and healthy and intelligent.

I have no time for people who insult children - and he's her nephew, too! Seems like many people have one weirdo aunt or uncle, though. I would never send her another picture and just keep my distance from her. Maybe she's jealous, maybe she has another issue - but that's all her, and it really doesn't matter. EVERYONE knows you don't insult children - and to their mother, too! She's an ass, and that's all you need to know.

Enjoy your lovely child!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hope everything and one has healed up! This was always a fear of mine!!

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Could it be going to their spam folder?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Dental cleanings with periodontist turned into us each needing a tooth pulled and more, which will all add up to over 20k total. Considering options of just paying it, lower cost clinics, getting dental insurance or "dental tourism" to Mexico again. :(

Then again, I'm thankful that we even get to consider our options. Pretty, intact teeth are a luxury, especially when you're older!

Last edited:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt it; the point is she ghosted me. We were dming on IG and then she just stopped replying - I can see that she has seen the messages.

I had someone do that not for a ps thing but for an auction item in a fundraiser. It was so bizarre ... kept saying how excited she was but not paying the invoice, I finally just gave the donation myself and kept the item. Why not just say you’ve changed your mind?

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dental cleanings with periodontist turned into us each needing a tooth pulled and more, which will all add up to over 20k total. Considering options of just paying it, lower cost clinics, getting dental insurance or "dental tourism" to Mexico again. :(

Then again, I'm thankful that we even get to consider our options. Pretty, intact teeth are a luxury, especially when you're older!

Read the dental insurance fine print well. The plans I looked at for DH have a 12 month waiting period before they cover anything if he has had a gap of more than like 30 days in dental coverage. Also, depending on the plan, the maximum they pay per year is generally between $1,000 and $2,000. (Based on what I was seeing in the US.)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Read the dental insurance fine print well. The plans I looked at for DH have a 12 month waiting period before they cover anything if he has had a gap of more than like 30 days in dental coverage. Also, depending on the plan, the maximum they pay per year is generally between $1,000 and $2,000. (Based on what I was seeing in the US.)

Thank you. And, yep. That's why we've never bothered with dental insurance, aside from what we got free with our jobs. Between the high deductibles, low ceilings and etcetera, the policies we found just wouldn't have done much for us. We don't need to pay for insurance that only covers a one or two thousand dollar charge, we need it for the BIG dental expenses.

I wanted to take the weekend to think about our options and am glad I did because after further research on this dentist (a chain), I saw a lot of complaints about upselling. And we never did get the cleanings we went in for, just expensive "plans" for work they said we needed. Although they did point it all out on the x-rays, it's still not a given that such extensive work is necessary or that their prices are justified. Will definitely get a second opinion. So annoying!

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results