shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to double check that this was still the venting thread. This underwear thing is hysterical, I actually shared with DH and what did he say?

“Well he was probably on his way to the laundry with his underwear in hand and spilled some coffee on the island, that he wiped with the underwear since they were getting washed anyway”

What?!!!! What is happening in this world?!

winnietucker

Ideal_Rock
People (in a professional setting cause for personal stuff IDGAF) are not being timely/ responsive/ whatever. I had 2 phone appointments scheduled to finish our foster care training and the lady just didn’t call/ email at all. I called her and nothing. I emailed her about the last one and nothing. I thought they wanted more foster families?

I’ve been craving Filipino food but my husband’s been working 12+ hour days so I ordered some from a restaurant. Almost $100 for the 2 of us and the food is meh. I should have waited until the weekend. For way less my husband could have made something way better.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We’re pretty sure that our beloved elderly cat, (who has chronic kidney failure and oral squamous cell carcinoma), has a hole in his mouth though to his nasal cavity as a result of the cancer growth. And I’m very afraid this will mean we need to euthanise him.
He’s still eating well, purring and engaging with us but every time he drinks, it seems to be leaking through and I just can’t see this being ok for him for any length of time.
I feel so sad for him. This week is my last at my current job. I’ve been with the company for nearly 18 years. I’ll be away for 2 days saying goodbye to my team in another city. We have another pug staying with us so it’s a bit chaotic.
If it is his last week, I want it to be warm and relaxed and to be able to spend time with him not with me away and some random pug who he doesn’t know sniffing him.
I’m not ready to say goodbye to him yet either. He’s been my furry companion for such a long time. He was a really shy cat when he was younger but a few years ago he went deaf and it’s been life changing for him in that he’s no longer scared of anything. We love the new bossy, demanding and gregarious version and how happy he is. It just seems very unfair.
I’m not posting for sympathy, I just wanted to vent and make some sense of how I’m feeling.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The panther lives to see another day! He does have a hole in his palate (and another small one that's growing) so the cancer is progressing quite quickly.
However, he's gained weight since his last visit (up 200g!) and the vet has options for us to manage things like infections while he's still happy and engaged with life. So we get more time with him. We're very relieved though I know it's really just a delay to the heartbreak.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been working a lot of night shifts and I hate it. My co worker broke her hand and she’s been out of work since end of December. Since I’m the newest member of our team, and no one else wants to do it, I’ve been alternating working nightshifts and dayshifts in one week, every week since then. I’ve had to pick up all her weekends too which are all night shift.
It’s killing me. I go from working two nights in a row, having one day off and then coming in for a day shift. My body is out of whack. I hardly get any sleep during the day bc my kids are at home doing virtual schooling.
It’s to the point where I think I may look for another job just so I can get off nights. But I absolutely love my job and I’m really good at it.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I’ve been working a lot of night shifts and I hate it. My co worker broke her hand and she’s been out of work since end of December. Since I’m the newest member of our team, and no one else wants to do it, I’ve been alternating working nightshifts and dayshifts in one week, every week since then. I’ve had to pick up all her weekends too which are all night shift.
It’s killing me. I go from working two nights in a row, having one day off and then coming in for a day shift. My body is out of whack. I hardly get any sleep during the day bc my kids are at home doing virtual schooling.
It’s to the point where I think I may look for another job just so I can get off nights. But I absolutely love my job and I’m really good at it.

Kudos for doing night shifts at all, really. I couldn't handle that AT ALL it is so so hard on your body...

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
A close family friend passed away from lung cancer 3 days ago. I'd known him for over 20 years and we used to spend every Christmas together with a group of friends and family.

He was a world class man and always brought a bit of magic into my life. Boisterous, elegant, witty - he loved the finer things in life, from gold cufflinks and watches, to custom suits, fine wines and food, and trips to his favorite haunts in Santa Fe. He was a scholar of American history and worked at a top law firm for the brunt of his career. He was as refined as he was generous.

He mentored my sister and I as we navigated higher education, then corporate America, and exposed us to a level of finery from a young age that was inconceivable to us. He'd bring us along sometimes to his favorite restaurants – teaching us how to pair dishes with wine, to act with grace and poise, and to never, ever leave a miserly tip.

He had been in hospice, and knew he was dying, and was letting go graciously. We thought had at least through the summer. I am so glad I got to speak with him shortly before he passed, and he was in great spirits. He will be sorely missed.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
So, when we get takeout food everyone has a chance to get whatever they want. I even ask if they want an appetizer or whatever when I get one. Oh no, none of my guys ever want any. Until mine arrives. Go on and look at me with those moony eyes, guys. I will NOT offer you any of my crab puffs, oh no. I will eat ALL of them because they are MINE! There, all gone. Ha!

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
A close family friend passed away from lung cancer 3 days ago. I'd known him for over 20 years and we used to spend every Christmas together with a group of friends and family.

He was a world class man and always brought a bit of magic into my life. Boisterous, elegant, witty - he loved the finer things in life, from gold cufflinks and watches, to custom suits, fine wines and food, and trips to his favorite haunts in Santa Fe. He was a scholar of American history and worked at a top law firm for the brunt of his career. He was as refined as he was generous.

He mentored my sister and I as we navigated higher education, then corporate America, and exposed us to a level of finery from a young age that was inconceivable to us. He'd bring us along sometimes to his favorite restaurants – teaching us how to pair dishes with wine, to act with grace and poise, and to never, ever leave a miserly tip.

He had been in hospice, and knew he was dying, and was letting go graciously. We thought had at least through the summer. I am so glad I got to speak with him shortly before he passed, and he was in great spirits. He will be sorely missed.

Sorry for your loss. He sounds like an amazing person who has had a positive long lasting impact on many.

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
@foxinsox cats are so resilient! It's great that your kitty has put on weight. He'll let you know when he's ready. You're a fantastic pet owner, giving him time!

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A job in a department where I used to work was open and I expressed my desire to go back there to my old supervisor who had been trying to get me to come back for some time. He told me he had let the upper mgmt know he wanted me for that job. (This happened on a Monday) I came in on Wednesday after being out sick and another co-worker comes by and tells me she is leaving to another job and I ask what job and she tells me, which happens to be the job I was expecting (she doesn't know I had already discussed this with the boss). I was livid, I sat around for days before the boss came by and told me the other lady was getting the job, only to find out later from another employee (who didn't realize I had talked to him about the job so she didn't know she was telling me how it all actually happened) that he had lied to me and had gone to upper mgmt. and asked for this person instead. I am so ANGRY, I have worked her 27 years and have worked in each and every program in the directorate over the years and this was my old job I was supposed to go back to including some additional duties. They gave it to someone that has only worked in one program not related to the job she is now getting. I think the worst part is he lied to me and told me he told mgmt he wanted me in that job but really was already giving the job to someone else.

I know it's a long rant and disjointed explanation of the occurence but I am so angry, I can't think straight.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A job in a department where I used to work was open and I expressed my desire to go back there to my old supervisor who had been trying to get me to come back for some time. He told me he had let the upper mgmt know he wanted me for that job. (This happened on a Monday) I came in on Wednesday after being out sick and another co-worker comes by and tells me she is leaving to another job and I ask what job and she tells me, which happens to be the job I was expecting (she doesn't know I had already discussed this with the boss). I was livid, I sat around for days before the boss came by and told me the other lady was getting the job, only to find out later from another employee (who didn't realize I had talked to him about the job so she didn't know she was telling me how it all actually happened) that he had lied to me and had gone to upper mgmt. and asked for this person instead. I am so ANGRY, I have worked her 27 years and have worked in each and every program in the directorate over the years and this was my old job I was supposed to go back to including some additional duties. They gave it to someone that has only worked in one program not related to the job she is now getting. I think the worst part is he lied to me and told me he told mgmt he wanted me in that job but really was already giving the job to someone else.

I know it's a long rant and disjointed explanation of the occurence but I am so angry, I can't think straight.

ughhhhhh i've had a weasel-y lying boss like that before, it is so insulting when you find out they've been telling you one thing to your face and another behind your back. :/

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is picture day at school, after my recent extremely unpleasant conversation with my SIL I thought I would text her a picture of her nephew. She responds with “hahahaha, he looks like a dork”, she was talking about his hair specifically.

I don’t know why I bother.

EFD15D70-05CC-49CB-8237-19B0DA37C35A.jpeg

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is picture day at school, after my recent extremely unpleasant conversation with my SIL I thought I would text her a picture of her nephew. She responds with “hahahaha, he looks like a dork”, she was talking about his hair specifically.

What an adorable boy!!

Sorry to break the rules of the thread, but that .... that ... that.. person is jealous, that's all. Grrrr so angry on your behalf!!!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What an adorable boy!!

Sorry to break the rules of the thread, but that .... that ... that.. person is jealous, that's all. Grrrr so angry on your behalf!!!

Thanks, of course I think he’s cute as a button but I’m biased! I told DH since this is his sister and he dismissed it as her joking. Nope, that’s not funny to me. I actually considered texting her back with “J saw your text and wants to know what a dork is since he can read now”. I’m not going to do that but I thought about it!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You need to keep that woman at arm's length. Starting now!
She's pushing your buttons on purpose. What's with the insult about a little boy?

I think we all agree that your son is very handsome!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

He's beautiful.
I could tell you what I'd lay into SIL, though people might pass out- but they'd learn a whole slew of new strings.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ItsMainelyYou @stracci2000 @lulu_ma, thanks for the support. I am fortunate that she lives in VA and we are in CT so I don’t have to see her often. She is just so damn critical and especially of me as a mother. Happy people do not act this way, it’s a sad life when you have to cut others down to feel better about yourself, especially children.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Today is picture day at school, after my recent extremely unpleasant conversation with my SIL I thought I would text her a picture of her nephew. She responds with “hahahaha, he looks like a dork”, she was talking about his hair specifically...

Your little boy is precious!

And don't we always know who really did just make a big flop at an attempt to be funny and who is hiding behind humor to take a jab.

Last edited:

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock

@YadaYadaYada I’m liking this because your son is beyond cute and precious...I don’t like your SIL..She doesn’t deserve to get pics of that cutie..:x2

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

He's adorable! Wonder what she would say if you said "We were looking at family photos together and he said the same about you. Hahaha!!!!"

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@seaurchin so true, that’s a pet peeve of mine, people who make mean comments and then say “just kidding”. Ugh!

@MamaBee, aw thanks, he is a good kid too. She will not be getting any of his school pictures that’s for sure.

@Lisa Loves Shiny, my emojis aren’t working on PS for some reason but I am seriously laughing at your comment!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@seaurchin so true, that’s a pet peeve of mine, people who make mean comments and then say “just kidding”. Ugh!

@MamaBee, aw thanks, he is a good kid too. She will not be getting any of his school pictures that’s for sure.

@Lisa Loves Shiny, my emojis aren’t working on PS for some reason but I am seriously laughing at your comment!

I also don’t like when people say “just kidding!”. That’s very passive-aggressive. I also detest backhanded compliments. Two big pet peeves of mine.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
People who wait weeks or months to cash your check. I know they have their reasons but it still annoys the heck out of me.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada he's adorable!! And I’m sure he’s a sweetheart like his mom and, obviously, not at all like his Aunt!!! What a tool! I’d distance myself from her.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada he's adorable!! And I’m sure he’s a sweetheart like his mom and, obviously, not at all like his Aunt!!! What a tool! I’d distance myself from her.

Aw thanks! This is where “social distancing” has its benefits!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results