shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Arrrrgh. &&*Y^%$%$%$#%@$&^(*&) PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE.

Went away for 3-day weekend. Came back to dead fridge. 6-yr old Bosch. Repairman coming this afternoon, hoping for a miracle. Just in case, spent yesterday and today deciding what to get if current one can't make like Lazarus and rise from the dead.

There are 2 of the fridges I want in stock at local store otherwise it'll be a month for delivery. WTF. I'm too much of a snowflake to live an entire month sustained by the dinky little fridge we keep in the garage because DH can't control himself at Costco.

We've had 3 fridges -- low end, high end & in the middle -- in the 15 years we've lived in this house and each one died at the 5 yr mark from different causes. It's maddening.

FYI, here's a youtube video that lays out the sad facts about fridges in the US:

Sorry you came home to a mess as well.

Sorry you came home to a mess as well.

There were a few years in a row where every time DH went out of town and I stayed home, an appliance broke -- water heater, dishwasher, etc. and I'm sure he thought I was fibbing about them breaking just to get a new model. It was refreshing that he was the one at home this time =)2

Fridge is fixed! Cooling coil froze over. He couldn't find a reason for it, said it's something he's seen across other brands. He thawed it out and will be back in Sept. to make sure it isn't happening again. If it does, next step is to replace mother board.

Arrrrgh. &&*Y^%$%$%$#%@$&^(*&) PLANNED OBSOLESCENCE.

Went away for 3-day weekend. Came back to dead fridge. 6-yr old Bosch. Repairman coming this afternoon, hoping for a miracle. Just in case, spent yesterday and today deciding what to get if current one can't make like Lazarus and rise from the dead.

There are 2 of the fridges I want in stock at local store otherwise it'll be a month for delivery. WTF. I'm too much of a snowflake to live an entire month sustained by the dinky little fridge we keep in the garage because DH can't control himself at Costco.

We've had 3 fridges -- low end, high end & in the middle -- in the 15 years we've lived in this house and each one died at the 5 yr mark from different causes. It's maddening.

FYI, here's a youtube video that lays out the sad facts about fridges in the US:

we have a law here were even though it is probably out of its warrenty period, it should still be covered as one would expect a fridge to last 6 years
our much cheaper Beko died one month after a 5 year warrenty, two weeks into covid lock down so we had to make do with the beer fridge/freezer in the laundry for ages
anyway Gary got sick of this and then we had a problem with the matching freezer so he rang the shop
we had spent thousands with them when we first moved here
the manager was apologetic and sent out a very helpful chappie who fixed the freezer (by getting me to do an old fashoned defrost)
the fridge was referred back to Beko NZ - turns out there had been a problem with our model and a new one arrived in a few days
it wasnt a top of the line model but it also wasnt a cheap fridge, turns out the coils were faulty and had rusted, new one has rust proof coils

Fridge is fixed! Cooling coil froze over. He couldn't find a reason for it, said it's something he's seen across other brands. He thawed it out and will be back in Sept. to make sure it isn't happening again. If it does, next step is to replace mother board.

happy to read this

coils sound like trouble to me !!

I feel your pain.
I recently replaced a 3 year old Frigidaire with a Whirlpool. So far so good.
I have a thermometer in there, and since I'm traumatized over replacing two refrigerators in the last decade, I look at that thermometer every single time I open that fridge.
It f*cking better stay at 38° or I'm gonna jump out the g-dam window.

i do that with the freezer, i can see the temp from here
mind you our fridge speaks Centigrade
ive had the odd heart palpatations at work during cleaning when the stupid Fahrenheit switch got knocked on
:lol-2:

this doesn't look normal does it???
(look at the dates)

1718173763825.png

Was talking to someone recently and somewhere in the conversation the topic of my hair came up and they said that my hair was dirty blondish. I thought they were crazy, my hair is brown, always has been.

Erm

Well today I am sitting outside and I look down and realize how many white strands I have and how much lighter it looks as a result :oops2:

Am I a dunce or have others had this sudden realization about how the white hair has crept up on them? I don’t believe I had this much when I turned 45 and that was mere months ago!

AF8D004E-F416-4FFC-AF30-56B77C8A989A.jpeg

Was talking to someone recently and somewhere in the conversation the topic of my hair came up and they said that my hair was dirty blondish. I thought they were crazy, my hair is brown, always has been.

Erm

Well today I am sitting outside and I look down and realize how many white strands I have and how much lighter it looks as a result :oops2:

Am I a dunce or have others had this sudden realization about how the white hair has crept up on them? I don’t believe I had this much when I turned 45 and that was mere months ago!

It a lovely, mild, contrast.

3 more tests and I can submit my information to insurance for gastric bypass surgery. I hope to have it in September. My nephew is getting married abroad in September and I won’t be going. My mother will be though. Part of me wishes I could go in a gorgeous gown and dance with my friends, but unfortunately that is not in the cards. I’m the 49 year old single aunt and he’s 23 and his bride just turned 20. I have never seen such a gorgeous couple. My niece may get married in December in the states so I will be able to go. I hope I am a few months out of surgery and I feel confident to put myself out there. I have hormonal issues and that’s why they have to resort to surgery. I’m grateful for a second chance.

3 more tests and I can submit my information to insurance for gastric bypass surgery. I hope to have it in September. My nephew is getting married abroad in September and I won’t be going. My mother will be though. Part of me wishes I could go in a gorgeous gown and dance with my friends, but unfortunately that is not in the cards. I’m the 49 year old single aunt and he’s 23 and his bride just turned 20. I have never seen such a gorgeous couple. My niece may get married in December in the states so I will be able to go. I hope I am a few months out of surgery and I feel confident to put myself out there. I have hormonal issues and that’s why they have to resort to surgery. I’m grateful for a second chance.

It’s between these two gowns I hope they fit well by September. I love the green but the other will fit me sooner. I guess I will have to wait and see. 70A29438-639D-4584-BCC9-16149BD2E220.jpeg7E4B8EC6-612A-4E4E-9DCF-37DA3AE5335F.jpeg7E4B8EC6-612A-4E4E-9DCF-37DA3AE5335F.jpeg7E4B8EC6-612A-4E4E-9DCF-37DA3AE5335F.jpeg7E4B8EC6-612A-4E4E-9DCF-37DA3AE5335F.jpeg

Thank you so much!!! Yes I’m brave. I have no choice. I have to be. The green is so vintage looking. It doesn’t even zip now but let’s hope

Love that green dress @waffle!

Thank you! Me too!!!

Erm

Gorgeous hair, Yada!

HI:

Some guy parked SO CLOSE to my car door I couldn't get into the drivers side. So I crawled to the seat via the passenger side, and during that I stepped on my pink coat and it now has a lovely black mark on it. Oh and I slopped my lunch on my favorite Ferrari shirt.:wall:

cheers--Sharon

HI:

Some guy parked SO CLOSE to my car door I couldn't get into the drivers side. So I crawled to the seat via the passenger side, and during that I stepped on my pink coat and it now has a lovely black mark on it. Oh and I slopped my lunch on my favorite Ferrari shirt.:wall:

cheers--Sharon

I hope you can get your pink coat clean!

This is why I park in the perimeter of the parking lot, and I take up two spaces.
Yes, I'm a jerk. But it keeps people from parking next to me.

This is why I park in the perimeter of the parking lot, and I take up two spaces.

Normally this is me--parking on the perimeter and walking. But I was at my DS apt. and used one of the stalls out front. Frankly I have no idea how that huge Tundra got into that small space...well I know cuz it was a hand space by my door. I should be lucky I didn't get hit? Ugh. I hope my pink coat comes clean also!8)

Normally this is me--parking on the perimeter and walking. But I was at my DS apt. and used one of the stalls out front. Frankly I have no idea how that huge Tundra got into that small space...well I know cuz it was a hand space by my door. I should be lucky I didn't get hit? Ugh. I hope my pink coat comes clean also!8)

You shoulda left a snotty note under the windshield wiper

YAY my pink coat did come clean! Some stain remover and sunlight soap did the trick!

I just received the ring that I'd waited (and saved what is, for us, a really large amount of money) years and years and years for that should have been a straightforward purchase - a center stone they offered and one of their stock settings. After unexpected back-and-forth hassle over CADs - for what was supposed to be a stock setting - the ring is just wrong and bad. Nothing about it but the center stone is right, and I'm just feeling crushed right now and needed to vent. (I have a more detailed post in the lab-grown forum, if anyone's interested.)

It’s between these two gowns I hope they fit well by September. I love the green but the other will fit me sooner. I guess I will have to wait and see. 70A29438-639D-4584-BCC9-16149BD2E220.jpeg7E4B8EC6-612A-4E4E-9DCF-37DA3AE5335F.jpeg7E4B8EC6-612A-4E4E-9DCF-37DA3AE5335F.jpeg7E4B8EC6-612A-4E4E-9DCF-37DA3AE5335F.jpeg7E4B8EC6-612A-4E4E-9DCF-37DA3AE5335F.jpeg

Ok. Since I’m
Having bariatric surgery, I don’t know how I’m going to look three months later for my niece’s wedding, so I decided on this to give me back coverage and feel more comfy. DBC81F8D-48E0-430A-B0D5-9AC8D5D1B4B3.png

Attachments

• B7D76A1C-F3B6-4B72-A9ED-AE8998C1CB5E.png
    B7D76A1C-F3B6-4B72-A9ED-AE8998C1CB5E.png
    1,009.9 KB · Views: 8
Ok. Since I’m
Having bariatric surgery, I don’t know how I’m going to look three months later for my niece’s wedding, so I decided on this to give me back coverage and feel more comfy. DBC81F8D-48E0-430A-B0D5-9AC8D5D1B4B3.png

I’m no fashionista buy I’d just Add some blingy jewelry- earrings and rings. Not a necklace unless it’s short. And big.

I Like the dress. Once the weight comes off you can always have it altered and taken in. It’s got a good shape.

Wear comfy black dress sandals or gold or silver. The naturalizers below come in patent, gold, silver, etc. they are supposedly rated as comfortable. Nordstroms has a bunch of comfortable dressy sandals that you’ll be able to wear again. I did a quick search and prices go low to high. I like to order a bunch to my home and send back ones I don’t want. I think it’s all free shipping.

Have your hair done and put it up in like sleek chignon like this.

I don’t know much about the surgery but suspect that dress will look EVEN better 3 months out.

Take photos when you get ready!!!! Have fun!
IMG_4511.png

Food hangover- it's real. Hubby and I had a stressful day and decided to treat ourselves to candy. I rarely eat sugar and most of my diet is veggies and lean protein. We overdid it on the chocolate. I feel absolutely hung over. Headache, bloated, thirsty, no energy. I have no one to blame but myself.

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP