shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so our small provincal city is really pretty as we have the 4th most temperate climate in the world, almost everything grows here
anyway the town is broke, i mean everyone's town is broke right now but im so angry reading this i feel like marching into the council officers and plonking a $5 note on the counter !
these hanging baskets are beautiful and much prettier than the rather ugly picture the newspaper chose
it gets worse and worse
closing the winter gardens and the avairy :x2

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
so our small provincal city is really pretty as we have the 4th most temperate climate in the world, almost everything grows here
anyway the town is broke, i mean everyone's town is broke right now but im so angry reading this i feel like marching into the council officers and plonking a $5 note on the counter !
these hanging baskets are beautiful and much prettier than the rather ugly picture the newspaper chose
it gets worse and worse
closing the winter gardens and the avairy :x2

I'm sorry. I know it's depressing. Could a group of residents get together and plant the baskets themselves? Is there a garden club or something like that?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm sorry. I know it's depressing. Could a group of residents get together and plant the baskets themselves? Is there a garden club or something like that?

im sure the residents can come up with something, the lady organising the petiton to the council was in at work last week
i dont know why the baskets were contracted out to the other side of the island in the first place, city councils used to grow their own flower plants

just this week some really ugly new setting and planting was installed at the main bus stop in town, now i like tussok (native grass) but unlike Wellington we have a great wind free climate that is good for flowers, the planters were made of rusted metal and the seats, stained timber -already been scribbled on by the first day

i know there is a huge uproar about the Wanganui east pool being shut down, the main splash center is two bus rides away for local kids to get to, and if kids cant swim they drown, we have a river in the middle of town than is not overly great for swimming in but very good at drowning people and the beach (also two bus rides away) has a lot of rips -and the summers are hot here !

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
+ a billion. How are things @Matata ?

So far so good other than some uncomfortable reactions to all the meds she's getting. They'll be in Germany for a month while she recovers if all goes well, longer if it doesn't.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So far so good other than some uncomfortable reactions to all the meds she's getting. They'll be in Germany for a month while she recovers if all goes well, longer if it doesn't.

Healing vibes across the kms.......thank you for sharing.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hit a pot hole, got a flat tire. Took over 2 hours for AAA to come because at least 4 or 5 other people hit the same pot hole today according to the AAA guy and the person who had the pleasure of having me sitting in front of their house for so long. He nicely told me his wife said they should offer me water or something. I told him if I waited much longer, I'd need their ladies room :eek2: Car only has a donut spare (couldn't even see if there was a jack or that thing that takes off the lug nuts). So, since it's a donut, I can't drive more than I think 50 miles on it, and since it's a holiday weekend, I can't get a new real tire until Tuesday it seems. And the car keeps giving me low tire pressure warnings. I don't even know what the pressure on a donut should be. I'm not going anywhere and should probably order some wine.....
The only positive thing I found out that my car's battery is in the trunk....I never would have known that. Is that normal?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hit a pot hole, got a flat tire. Took over 2 hours for AAA to come because at least 4 or 5 other people hit the same pot hole today according to the AAA guy and the person who had the pleasure of having me sitting in front of their house for so long. He nicely told me his wife said they should offer me water or something. I told him if I waited much longer, I'd need their ladies room :eek2: Car only has a donut spare (couldn't even see if there was a jack or that thing that takes off the lug nuts). So, since it's a donut, I can't drive more than I think 50 miles on it, and since it's a holiday weekend, I can't get a new real tire until Tuesday it seems. And the car keeps giving me low tire pressure warnings. I don't even know what the pressure on a donut should be. I'm not going anywhere and should probably order some wine.....
The only positive thing I found out that my car's battery is in the trunk....I never would have known that. Is that normal?

I've had a few flat tires, and AAA came pretty quick, 30 minutes maybe.
I guess it depends on where you are.
I'm glad you're ok.
I hate car stuff.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have arthritis in my hands, and it's really getting me down.
It started creeping up few years ago, and the past year I've had several flare ups.
My elbows and knees hurt occasionally.
My index, middle fingers and thumbs swell and ache.
Therefore......many of my rings don't fit :(
And it's making me sad.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It started creeping up few years ago, and the past year I've had several flare ups.
And it's making me sad.

I’m so sorry Stracci. You probably already know this but in case. Have you tried an AIP diet? Auto immune paleo. Also look into low dose naltrexone. It could be helpful. Sending you many well wishes

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m so sorry Stracci. You probably already know this but in case. Have you tried an AIP diet? Auto immune paleo. Also look into low dose naltrexone. It could be helpful. Sending you many well wishes

I will look into it Missy...thanks for the information!
I believe it is inherited, as mom, sister and grandmother all complained of it.
Naproxen helps, but I don't want to take it too much, because of stomach ulcer concerns.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will look into it Missy...thanks for the information!
I believe it is inherited, as mom, sister and grandmother all complained of it.
Naproxen helps, but I don't want to take it too much, because of stomach ulcer concerns.

I have arthritis too as does my husband. Eating anti inflammatory foods and avoiding inflammatory foods helps. I hope it helps you too!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 fyi

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried tumeric @stracci2000 ? My mom takes it. She claims it helps, some. YMMV

I was just reading this site...may need to speak with your Doc first.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried tumeric @stracci2000 ? My mom takes it. She claims it helps, some. YMMV

I was just reading this site...may need to speak with your Doc first.

Yes, I've been taking tumeric and fish oil daily for over a year.
I have seen no marked difference, really.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it's making me sad.

Me too. Wrists also.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And it's making me sad.

Have you tried the compression gloves for your hands? My arthritis is mainly in my thumbs but the compression gloves do help minimize the pain. My arthritis is mainly where the thumb meets the wrist and the gloves give support to that area.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you tried the compression gloves for your hands? My arthritis is mainly in my thumbs but the compression gloves do help minimize the pain. My arthritis is mainly where the thumb meets the wrist and the gloves give support to that area.

I have thought about this, I might try them.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oof, that sucks! I get so pissed off about potholes. I refuse to use the major highways in the city I go to for my car service. Honestly it’s faster for me to go through the city than around it on the freeway, which is barely what I would call a road at this point as it is constantly under construction AND riddled with potholes. Anyway, I wanted to say that I have a BMW and the battery is indeed located in the trunk.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyway, I wanted to say that I have a BMW and the battery is indeed located in the trunk.

I have an Audi. Do you have a jack and the thing to take the lug nuts off? I need to look at the manual and see if I should have one.
I've had a few flat tires, and AAA came pretty quick, 30 minutes maybe.
I guess it depends on where you are.

the issue was really that 4 or 5 people all got flat tires in the same area in a relatively short period of time. I think that they have vendors that they use in areas, so if there is a lot of activity, it takes longer. Since that town has let that pot hole stay open (they just paved that road) there have been a lot there. The man who offered me water knew exactly where I got the flat, without me even telling him. I don't blame AAA. I blame the town since it is apparently so prevalent.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
so im at home (woosy and seedy with vertigo) waiting for my carnelian flower bead to be redelivered
im at the back door giving PuffBall and Sox some lunch (its really cold today) and our back door and our front door kind of come off the same open plan kitchen living room
Gary has man flu and thought he wasnt sure if someone was knocking on the door
i raced out the front door to the street as the van drove away
no card left, but rang aramex and after a few times cutting myself off with my cheeck or glasses i got through and she said she would ring him

breaking news, she rang and he left it by the cactus at the front door
:kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2::kiss2:

edited because this thread needs pictures;)2
1716769553373.png

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have an Audi. Do you have a jack and the thing to take the lug nuts off? I need to look at the manual and see if I should have one.

the issue was really that 4 or 5 people all got flat tires in the same area in a relatively short period of time. I think that they have vendors that they use in areas, so if there is a lot of activity, it takes longer. Since that town has let that pot hole stay open (they just paved that road) there have been a lot there. The man who offered me water knew exactly where I got the flat, without me even telling him. I don't blame AAA. I blame the town since it is apparently so prevalent.

Bimmers don’t come with a spare tire or tools, they have run-flat tires. Not sure what Audi is doing with spare tires and changing tools these days.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Don't ask. JUST DON'T. (how many lap tops my husband has bought and returned in a calendar month and that's not all...two monitors and another separate keyboard!!!!). Hasn't received his refund from the first laptop return! :x2

Sharon

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... Gary has man flu ... 1716769553373.png

Very pretty flower gem/bead/item/art piece !!!!
Reminds me of carved natural amber.

You wrote, "man flu".
Never having heard that term before, I did a quick look up.

The legitimacy of that term is controversial, has been challenged, and there's been scientific/medical research to determine whether Man Flu is an evidence-based thing or the product of social gobbledegook.

My take on the bottom line of the below Wiki piece is that it's all still ambiguous and complicated, nuanced even, and chock full of sociology.

But it's a very interesting read:

SNIP, Wikipedia's first paragraph:

" 'Man flu' is a colloquial term referring to the perception that men experience more severe symptoms when afflicted with the common cold or flu-like illnesses. Primarily British, it is frequently used in a self-deprecating manner.[1] This term has sparked both public interest and scientific inquiry into potential sex differences in the experience of respiratory illnesses.[2]"

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty flower gem/bead/item/art piece !!!!
Reminds me of carved natural amber.

You wrote, "man flu".
Never having heard that term before, I did a quick look up.

The legitimacy of that term is controversial, has been challenged, and there's been scientific/medical research to determine whether Man Flu is an evidence-based thing or the product of social gobbledegook.

My take on the bottom line of the below Wiki piece is that it's all still ambiguous and complicated, nuanced even, and chock full of sociology.

But it's a very interesting read:

SNIP, Wikipedia's first paragraph:

" 'Man flu' is a colloquial term referring to the perception that men experience more severe symptoms when afflicted with the common cold or flu-like illnesses. Primarily British, it is frequently used in a self-deprecating manner.[1] This term has sparked both public interest and scientific inquiry into potential sex differences in the experience of respiratory illnesses.[2]"

that is very interesting Kenny
and im really surprised you guys dont use the phrase
its very common here used by every wife, mother, sister, girlfriend, grandma , aunty ......

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results