shape
carat
color
clarity

Let it all hangout -- The Grumpies, whinies, complainies Get It Off Your Chest Thread....

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy given the choice, I would cancel a medical appointment if it involves a lengthy drive than to drive in horrendous weather conditions for fear of being stranded and ruin my car at the same time.

Hope all will turn out well for you and your DH.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy given the choice, I would cancel a medical appointment if it involves a lengthy drive than to drive in horrendous weather conditions for fear of being stranded and ruin my car at the same time.

Hope all will turn out well for you and your DH.

Thanks DK. You are quite right of course. It's so funny how things work out. I mean our weather has been fantastic and this is the only day in the last month plus where it's been this bad. The one day he had his follow up with the surgeon. But as Greg said he's glad this did not happen three weeks ago during his surgery because the surgery would have been canceled and that would have been way more unpleasant. TYSM for your well wishes. Much appreciated

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DK. You are quite right of course. It's so funny how things work out. I mean our weather has been fantastic and this is the only day in the last month plus where it's been this bad. The one day he had his follow up with the surgeon. But as Greg said he's glad this did not happen three weeks ago during his surgery because the surgery would have been canceled and that would have been way more unpleasant. TYSM for your well wishes. Much appreciated

I just came off a meeting with my colleagues in US, and some of them are expecting a snow storm!

Hope it is not too bad for you and the others in the same boat!

DK :(2

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock
@$$%$^%^%&*&^&^ CAT. He wanted his treat so bad he tried to grab it from my hand resulting in this. He hit a vein and I think I lost a pint of blood. Pardon the alligator skin, was working in the yard prior to this and didn't lotion up after scrubbing hands.

bumo.jpeg bump 2.jpeg

Yeeeouch!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TY @dk168

Had telemedicine and here's my next grump lol. Greg's not where he needs to be after three weeks. He cannot bend the knee sufficiently and the surgeon said if he is not at least at 90 degrees by another three weeks he has to go back in under surgery and they have to physically bend it under anesthesia. UGH.

:/

ETA his surgeon is from Canada and wasn't going to cancel the appointments today but last night saw the Rangers canceled their practice so that was it for him lol

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@$$%$^%^%&*&^&^ CAT. He wanted his treat so bad he tried to grab it from my hand resulting in this. He hit a vein and I think I lost a pint of blood. Pardon the alligator skin, was working in the yard prior to this and didn't lotion up after scrubbing hands.

bumo.jpeg bump 2.jpeg

Yikes, be careful. I had something like that happen several years ago and ended up in the hospital with an infection with one of those big red stripes running up my arm. Keep a close eye on it please.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I got takeout food and there were two staples in my salad. I discovered one in the container but didn’t notice the other one until it was in my mouth. :(

I decided to call the management and tell them about it. She tried to give me a free entree, which was nice of her but I refused it. I feel like that might make them not take it seriously, because, having worked in restaurants when I was young, I know there are people out there who go around making stuff up just to try to get something for nothing.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I have a complaint! Does anyone else remember Avon products fondly from decades past? When the Avon lady would be all dressed up and come over and put all the pretty new products out on the table and bring a bunch of samples too?

Sure, a lot of the stuff was kind of kitschy and it was not extremely high end, but it was bright and colorful and fun, with lots of cute little bottles shaped like animals and all kinds of new and exciting stuff all the time.

Now? LOL. Boring! I want the old Avon back. I bet a lot of people do. :(

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a complaint! Does anyone else remember Avon products fondly from decades past? When the Avon lady would be all dressed up and come over and put all the pretty new products out on the table and bring a bunch of samples too?

Sure, a lot of the stuff was kind of kitschy and it was not extremely high end, but it was bright and colorful and fun, with lots of cute little bottles shaped like animals and all kinds of new and exciting stuff all the time.

I loved Avon, and so did my mother! They had such cute things for kids. I still have my little jar that once contained Pretty Peach cream sachet. It looked like a bushel of peaches.

Avon Pretty Peach creme sachet jar.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

I am going to email a high level Avon person and tell them how they need to run their company! Well, ya never know what influence you might have, right? (I hope this does not get anyone's hopes up, though). :lol-2:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Remember the cute little lipstick samples? What little girl didn't want one of those?
I wish we could turn the clock back -- they had some really nice soliflore perfumes.

The whole Avon thing was so unique and popular that I can't imagine why they dulled it down to the sorry and boring state it's in today.

I don't know why they couldn't bring it all back and simply adjust their prices so it's profitable today.

I may be getting old. :lol-2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

For sure!! We loved it also! If fact I bought the cutest light up Halloween and Christmas decorations from them. Lasted forever and when they broke I was heartbroken. I still have the one reindeer (it was for my DS) while it doesn't work it is adorable.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Remember the cute little lipstick samples? What little girl didn't want one of those?
I wish we could turn the clock back -- they had some really nice soliflore perfumes.

I remember the Avon lady! I honestly didn't know that they were still in business. Were the lipstick samples tiny white tubes? I kind of remember something like that and that I used to play dress up with them. Not sure those were Avon though.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

LOL. I remember the Avon lipstick samples when I was a little kid. My friends and I always wanted the pink lipstick samples to play with. They were tiny in a white circular tube about an inch and a half high. I thought Avon went out of business 25 years ago.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely still in business. At a craft fair this past fall I got a current brochure from someone who sells Avon.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@stracci2000 just a random message to say I love Tyrone Power as seen in your new avatar!

DK :kiss2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A nice grumble as I am in mild discomfort after throwing many bowling balls yesterday when I had a lesson with the gentleman who runs the pro shop where I had my ball drilled.
I knew he was a coach of some sort as he was coaching a couple when I played with my new ball after he drilled it.
I wanted to improve my game, so I asked him to help me.
It turned out he is the national head coach in UK, DOH!!!
We worked on a new approach, and I had to undo what I was used to; and it was jolly hard to synchronise new steps with arm movements!
I need to play and practice more for certain!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This happens to me over and over: buy cleaning products, sprayer doesn't work and you no longer can unscrew the top to replace with an old sprayer, or decant the product. Stuck! It sucks!

Oh and the proverbial going to the store to buy ONE product for 10 bucks and end up spending over $100 bucks. I just don't learn.

cheers--Sharon

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

This happens to me over and over: buy cleaning products, sprayer doesn't work and you no longer can unscrew the top to replace with an old sprayer, or decant the product. Stuck! It sucks!

Oh and the proverbial going to the store to buy ONE product for 10 bucks and end up spending over $100 bucks. I just don't learn.

cheers--Sharon

I sometimes can open stuck bottle tops by donning rubber gloves first. It gives you a better grip.
If that doesn't work, maybe poke a hole in the bottom of the bottle and drain it out?

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m off to a ‘Celebration of Life’ for the 40 year old father of one of my current students. Had the older sibling as well and likely may soon have the younger siblings. Young family. 40 years old!! He was misdiagnosed and treated for the wrong illness. Heartbreaking :((
Really puts things in perspective.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I sometimes can open stuck bottle tops by donning rubber gloves first. It gives you a better grip.
If that doesn't work, maybe poke a hole in the bottom of the bottle and drain it out?

I believe the caps are now designed not to be removed. Perhaps people are selling products online that are fake (crap in brand name bottles) and this is a way to prevent it.

Yes, I'll have to cut it to decant it, and that means buying a spray bottle from the dollar store. I guess.:roll:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
People on a Facebook celeb gossip site are making me mad. They're so stupid.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wasn't he the most beautiful man?
Total eye candy, for sure!
He left this world way too soon.
Screenshot_20240224-063300~2.png

Tall, dark and handsome! :kiss2:

My favourite is a young Timothy Dalton when he was James Bond.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first night in paradise - a lovely beachfront villa in Cozumel - and I can’t sleep. Ugh. I hope the whole week isn’t like this! We were invited by some of my husband’s extended family and although I’ve vacationed with them several times now, I’m still concerned about putting my best foot forward and all that. Plus of course I want to be rested enough to enjoy everything this place has to offer! (If it weren’t for the hefty “friends and family” discount involved, we’d never even consider staying in a place like this. The one-night rental for this villa is - literally - 100X what we paid for one night in the Airbnb-ish place we stayed at in Cancun.)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first night in paradise - a lovely beachfront villa in Cozumel - and I can’t sleep. Ugh. I hope the whole week isn’t like this! We were invited by some of my husband’s extended family and although I’ve vacationed with them several times now, I’m still concerned about putting my best foot forward and all that. Plus of course I want to be rested enough to enjoy everything this place has to offer! (If it weren’t for the hefty “friends and family” discount involved, we’d never even consider staying in a place like this. The one-night rental for this villa is - literally - 100X what we paid for one night in the Airbnb-ish place we stayed at in Cancun.)

Hope you get some sleep. TEQUILA--oh did I say that out loud?:bigsmile: Are you all staying together in the same Villa? That would be the most stressful thing for me.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope you get some sleep. TEQUILA--oh did I say that out loud?:bigsmile: Are you all staying together in the same Villa? That would be the most stressful thing for me.

We are at the same villa and TEQUILA is a GREAT suggestion - thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results