shape
carat
color
clarity

less vendors on PS search tool?

elwkis86

Rough_Rock
Hi all--
I was away for a few years, and started casually browsing again recently as I may be in the market for a stone again... Years ago, when I bought a 2.5ct diamond, I used the search tool to find the stones and had a lot of success. Having come back now, potentially in the market for one again, I've noticed there seem to be less vendors linked with this site. Whiteflash is still there (are they the only ones that have AGS stones--don't see other vendors list them anymore), but many of the other ones have gone... Google brought me to rare carat as well, which seems to have more stones listed than pricescope now...

Would someone mind giving me a quick synopsis as to what has happened to the industry and PS over the last 6-8 years or so? Appreciated it!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My guess is that sponsors come and go?

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
i don't have synopsis for you as im not here on the forum, consistently. im gone gone for long periods of time.

i can address that whiteflash offers their ags 000 aca diamonds, as you already know.
additionally, crafted by infinity offers ags 000, brian gavin offers ags 000, victor canera offers ags 000

that's about all i recall, off the top of my head ...

Kaycee2018

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I believe @elwkis86 is referring to the vendors in the PS diamomd search function. I noticed only a couple vendors last time I did a search too.

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
I believe @elwkis86 is referring to the vendors in the PS diamomd search function. I noticed only a couple vendors last time I did a search too.

oh sorry, if i spoke (typed) out of turn or misinterpreted op ...

elwkis86

Rough_Rock
You were both right on my questions. :) Thanks for the input

Big Fat Facets

Brilliant_Rock
@elwkis86

glad i was able to help ... thanks so much for speaking up

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi all--
I was away for a few years, and started casually browsing again recently as I may be in the market for a stone again... Years ago, when I bought a 2.5ct diamond, I used the search tool to find the stones and had a lot of success. Having come back now, potentially in the market for one again, I've noticed there seem to be less vendors linked with this site. Whiteflash is still there (are they the only ones that have AGS stones--don't see other vendors list them anymore), but many of the other ones have gone... Google brought me to rare carat as well, which seems to have more stones listed than pricescope now...

Would someone mind giving me a quick synopsis as to what has happened to the industry and PS over the last 6-8 years or so? Appreciated it!
I have been part of this thingy since 1999,
Originally there was about 20 diamond vendors - but the vast majority were listing the very same virtual diamonds - it was a race to the bottom with drop offs in service.
Today we get a lot of rejected enquiries to list on PriceScope - rejected because the company does not meet our minimum standards (which is why we do appreciate when you buy from those that do).

There is currently on company on time out for not updating their list daily till they get that sorted.
Many of those listing with us have been here for a very long time. BlueNile, JamesAllen (aka Dirt cheap diamonds originally) must be at or close to 20 years.

We have also sacked some companies and one was found later to have taken peoples money and not delivered diamonds.
Andrey might like to weigh in tomorrow and share some of our criteria - especially we like companies that have exclusive stock that they can share intimate details on with you'all.

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
It looks like HPD is no longer listed as of a couple weeks ago. Assuming that is the company noted above.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If this was true, it would be a huge surprise to me. I am still doing business here, and still responding to clients on a daily basis.

I can assure you that I am not the business Garry is alluding to and I can also assure you and others that I am still here and going strong.

Wink

Last edited:

caf

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
HPD is still listed. In two places.

elwkis86

Rough_Rock
Thx all. Appreciate the perspective.

BlingShopper

Rough_Rock
My apologies, this may have been a glitch on my end as a few of the stones I was looking at within the filters no longer appeared (though they are back when I look now) and only WF results showed in the in-house section.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results