shape
carat
color
clarity

Les Petales Place Vendome Mikimoto Earrings

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Dear all,

I’m quite in love with this pair of Mikimoto earrings but can’t bring myself to spend $8200 (pre-tax!) on them. Anyone seen anything similar to these in style (rose petal like embellishment):

5B3A1D9A-196B-4831-8E33-E4F0E583AFDF.jpeg EAD5AC2E-4971-467F-A812-016708D4E48F.jpeg

amoline

Shiny_Rock
That's a pretty specifically crafted design, and I can't think of anything off the top of my head right now. You also have to account that probably $2500 of that cost is in the pearls - Mikimoto has some top quality akoya, but especially in their more unique pieces. This particular design Mikimoto makes different variations of, from prices in the $7,000-$8,000 as you posted, and also a version with white south sea pearls that are $65,000+

Pearl paradise has some dangles with a flower/leaf sort of motif in the design, but it's not especially close: https://www.pearlparadise.com/produ...uth-sea-earrings-with-diamonds-in-yellow-gold

You won't find a super close piece, probably, so if it's the style you want it may be best to bite the bullet and get the real thing (if it's not a hardship, of course), but if you have particular variations or something that you like about the design, we can certainly find something similar to it for you.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@amoline Thank you for the link!

Hmm...It’s hard to say why I like the mikimoto ones so much...perhaps the simplicity of the design (not many moving/dangling/separate parts), very modern but feminine in shape and design, easy to pair with both a nice suit or an evening gown, a fluidity and a whimsical character to the shape of the rose petals but not too fussy, brassy, or loud.

@canuk-gal Thanks for the encouragement (and enabling hehe).

amoline

Shiny_Rock
The tricky part of this would be the pave style diamonds, I'd say.

Have you asked any of the PS-recommended jewelers about something in this style, but just in gold? If you aren't married to the idea of the diamonds in the earrings, you could probably do a petal inspired version with pearls in gold much more easily (and less expensive).

Just throwing out ideas.

If you found some flower stud earrings out there that you like -- and that is a very common style, at least -- you could get some pearls to hang from them jacket style.

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Yes, I agree with amoline. Perhaps find a working jeweller who could make something similar but granulate and highly polish the leaves rather than use diamonds. And also, if you arranged it so you could have jacket style you can change the pearls as you like

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
I'd buy the originals-- they're exquisite! When it comes to designer jewelry, I can almost always find a piece secondhand if I am diligent in my ebay alerts and searching secondhand sites. I found one from the same line/collection(?) for $5k, recently sold (could have been less than that, too, the past sale price doesn't reflect any coupon codes used). The other option is to look and see if any brick and mortar jewelry stores have it in stock, and negotiate with them directly. For example, I know of one boutique on the east coast that regularly posts their Kwiat/Erika Winters/other designer pieces on ebay and accepts offers on them if they've been sitting for a year plus.

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@amoline @Pearlescence @Grymera Thank you all for your suggestions and help! I’ll reach out to some vendors here to start, and bookmark some second hand sites too.

amoline

Shiny_Rock
@Pinkmartini87 - have you seen these from Mikimoto? I found them listed on the Japanese site, and looks like they made a version that wasn't pave, and it's pretty reasonably priced. Since it's from the same line, they may still have some of that style left. It may be worth contacting them about it?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@amoline Thank you so much for taking the time! Excellent sleuthing too! They look wonderful and at less than 1/10 the price!

The Japanese website did say in fine print “We apologize for the inconvenience, but items can only be shipped to addresses in Japan.”

But I just sent them an inquiry online to see if there is anyway I can order them or if a US retailer happens to carry this particular item.

Thank you again for all your help and encouragement! It’s very touching that someone online would take the time to help a stranger out so; I’m very grateful for your kindness!

amoline

Shiny_Rock
@amoline Thank you so much for taking the time! Excellent sleuthing too! They look wonderful and at less than 1/10 the price!

The Japanese website did say in fine print “We apologize for the inconvenience, but items can only be shipped to addresses in Japan.”

But I just sent them an inquiry online to see if there is anyway I can order them or if a US retailer happens to carry this particular item.

Thank you again for all your help and encouragement! It’s very touching that someone online would take the time to help a stranger out so; I’m very grateful for your kindness!

Mikimoto won't ship directly to you from Japan, but they may well ship to one of their other boutiques in the US, who could ship to you. This, from my understanding, is quite common.

My contact info is on LoupeTroop, and I'd be glad to give you the name of the very amazing sales associate I've worked with and had great experiences with at Mikimoto Las Vegas in the past, and I imagine he would be able to get anything that's available into their boutique, and then thusly to you. I just don't want to put his name out here in public on PS.

JR Dunn is a large Mikimoto retailer as well. I've had nice experiences with them, too. If nothing else works, get in touch with them and see if they can get it.

Make sure to share photos!

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@amoline thank you, yes, I would love the contact of the Mikimoto representative! Let me know how I can find you on LT!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I'd buy the originals-- they're exquisite! When it comes to designer jewelry, I can almost always find a piece secondhand if I am diligent in my ebay alerts and searching secondhand sites. I found one from the same line/collection(?) for $5k, recently sold (could have been less than that, too, the past sale price doesn't reflect any coupon codes used). The other option is to look and see if any brick and mortar jewelry stores have it in stock, and negotiate with them directly. For example, I know of one boutique on the east coast that regularly posts their Kwiat/Erika Winters/other designer pieces on ebay and accepts offers on them if they've been sitting for a year plus.

Hey @Grymera, can you share the name of the Ebay vendor? I'd love to put them on my watch list. :) Thanks!

Grymera

Shiny_Rock
Hey @RunningwithScissors, what works for me is to set it up as a saved search, basically when you search for an item on ebay, refine it until you're happy with how it's set up (so mine might be "Mikimoto vendome pearl earrings" and category = Fine Jewelry) you can then click and make it a saved search. In your profile settings, you can set up an email alert for when new items are listed that match the item. I have some alerts I set up years ago that I get hits on, and they make it so you can find an awesome deal. It's not one seller in particular, I buy from all kinds on eBay.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Hey @RunningwithScissors, what works for me is to set it up as a saved search, basically when you search for an item on ebay, refine it until you're happy with how it's set up (so mine might be "Mikimoto vendome pearl earrings" and category = Fine Jewelry) you can then click and make it a saved search. In your profile settings, you can set up an email alert for when new items are listed that match the item. I have some alerts I set up years ago that I get hits on, and they make it so you can find an awesome deal. It's not one seller in particular, I buy from all kinds on eBay.

Thanks! This is very helpful.

Snow White

Rough_Rock
Hi @Pinkmartini87 !

I saw this on etsy and remembered your search.

Not exactly what you are looking for, but maybe you could provide her pearls selecled by yourself.
I never bough from this etsy seller but like some of her designs :)

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
Did you get any earrings like you wanted?

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
Did you get any earrings like you wanted?

Hi, I just got a new pair of Tahitians that I shared in the show me the pearls thread. Have not yet gotten the mikimoto ones (but the ones in the Etsy link above look nice! I’ll likely wait until jewelry stores reopen so I can buy but also verify my purchases).

Pinkmartini87

Brilliant_Rock
@Pinkmartini87 THIS IS NOT A DRILL!!! YOUR EARRINGS ARE 50% OFF ON THE REAL REAL.

Thanks so much for thinking of me! I haven’t been on here as much since I recently found out I’m expecting (Feels a bit weird telling strangers on the internet but too early to tell friends and family in real life, while hubby and I are simply bursting with excitement!), so priorities have shifted a bit lol.

Hope another lucky PSer scores this amazing deal!

DAF

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Annie Case Pearls

1616614965335.png

10.5 mm SS pearls AAAA, 0.63 diamonds, $ 2,980.00. They look nearly identical in design, but appear to be a lot bigger, at a much better price. I like them!!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Annie Case Pearls

Wow.
That's outright, blatant, unapologetic design theft ;( :angryfire:
I'm letting my Mikimoto SA know. I'm confident this appallingly unethical vendor will get a DMCA takedown soon.
Thanks for posting here! Now we know about yet another vendor to avoid.

Last edited:

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks so much for thinking of me! I haven’t been on here as much since I recently found out I’m expecting (Feels a bit weird telling strangers on the internet but too early to tell friends and family in real life, while hubby and I are simply bursting with excitement!), so priorities have shifted a bit lol.

Hope another lucky PSer scores this amazing deal!

How exciting! I am so happy for you. :)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results