shape
carat
color
clarity

leo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Margarw

Rough_Rock
I''m new to this board, and thanks for everyone who replied to my help for estimating carat weight! I am learning so much! Question - I''d like some opinions on the LEO diamond. I know that there''s a "premium" associated with the name, but I''m interested in if you really think there''s a visible difference between a patented LEO (extra facets) and a regular cut diamond. For example, if all things were equal - 1 carat I, SI1 round - would there be a visible (to the eye) difference in the leo and the standard diamond? Thanks for your help! The LEOS seems to bright and clean....

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/13/2007 6:45:55 AM
Author:Margarw
I''m new to this board, and thanks for everyone who replied to my help for estimating carat weight! I am learning so much! Question - I''d like some opinions on the LEO diamond. I know that there''s a ''premium'' associated with the name, but I''m interested in if you really think there''s a visible difference between a patented LEO (extra facets) and a regular cut diamond. For example, if all things were equal - 1 carat I, SI1 round - would there be a visible (to the eye) difference in the leo and the standard diamond? Thanks for your help! The LEOS seems to bright and clean....
the extra facets work best above 2 or 3 carat.

Below that you will need to have excellent eyesight to be able to resolve the missmash of facets.
There is also a big variance in individual preportions - the same rules apply as normal round brill''s - so you can use HCA and ideal-scope etc

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I recently purchased a stone form a jeweler who carries Leo diamonds. We were in the process of selecting a stone for my e-ring, we had the jeweler bring in a few stones. The jeweler was really pushing the Leo, saying how much more beautiful and sparkly it was. In the end, I chose a GIA stone that I felt had just as much sparkle and fire than the Leo (if not more), plus it was a little larger and it was less money! At 1.51 carats I really could not see a visual difference between the Leo cut and the stone I chose.

Have the jeweler bring in several comparable (cut, color, clarity etc) stones for you to compare with. Not worth the $ IMHO.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2007 6:45:55 AM
Author:Margarw
I''m new to this board, and thanks for everyone who replied to my help for estimating carat weight! I am learning so much! Question - I''d like some opinions on the LEO diamond. I know that there''s a ''premium'' associated with the name, but I''m interested in if you really think there''s a visible difference between a patented LEO (extra facets) and a regular cut diamond. For example, if all things were equal - 1 carat I, SI1 round - would there be a visible (to the eye) difference in the leo and the standard diamond? Thanks for your help! The LEOS seems to bright and clean....
Okay I''ve spent some time with Leos and I don''t like them LOL Let me clarify - they are AWESOME at the flashlight thing - their white light return is incredible if what you want is brilliance and a white circle of light on your finger. IME because there is so much brilliance there is a hit on the scintilation and a definite hit on fire So.... if you don''t care about bang bang booms or red blue yellows and all you really want is a zwooong of white light (think hole punch debris) then the leo is the stone for you!

whatmeworry

Brilliant_Rock
Richard Sherwood has an appraisal of Leo here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results