shape
carat
color
clarity

Least favorite commercials

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:43:57 PM
Author: fieryred33143
This:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DacxAfN_T-Y
Firey, I saw this while with FI and his sister and they both started dancing along with the commercial
20.gif

Bia

Ideal_Rock

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/11/2009 9:55:42 PM
Author:swimmer
My vote is for the McDonalds commercial for fish sandwich, with the fish singing. The jingle is so freaking annoying.

Also not a fan of mucinex''s add with talking mucus. Blech. I guess it works, but grossness.

What are yours?

Haha! That singing fish commercial is really stupid- but the song does work! It was stuck in my head for days, so the hubby found it online so I could watch it and get it out of my head!

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 1:22:57 PM
Author: luvthemstrawberries
Oh! The freecreditreport.com commercials? With the guy and his pals singing the jingles? Hehe I shamelessly know all the words to the pirate one in the seafood restaurant, but used to hate the commercial till he heard me singing along with it, haha. Me and my musical memory.
9.gif
But some of their other ones get on my nerves, like the one where they''re all crammed in the little compact car and the girls drive up beside them in the convertible, haha...

''Free credit report dot com... tell your friends, tell your dad, tell your mom... we''ve been singing this song since we first showed up with our pirate hats on...''
YEs, I like it!

F to the R to the E to the E !!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:36:53 AM
Author: elrohwen
Anyone see that relatively new commercial that''s like a 5 minute long cartoon about women being idiots? It starts where the one breaks her mirror, then calls all her friend together, then they have this stupid parody of women being shallow morons and talking about guys. Ugh. I don''t even know what it''s for because I always change the channel before it''s over. The commercial is not only insulting to women, it''s just plain annoying!

Anyone seen this?

ETA: If you haven''t seen it, here it is. Watch at your own risk; this may make your head explode.
http://thehathorlegacy.com/only-in-a-womans-world/
Apparently it''s a commercial for Lays, Flat Earth, and other Pepsi Co snack products. Really Pepsi; this was the best you could do?
20.gif
The first time I saw that ad I was stunned. There could not have been a woman on that marketing team. No way. I find it incredibly insulting to women.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The Verizon Wireless guy drives me absolutely NUTS! DH and I want to send him hate mail!

verguy.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Subway- 5 dollar footlong commercials- especially the one''s where the people who can''t sing are singing it..

Comcast- they are running this comcast ad where different people are singing some monotone song and it just irks me for some reason.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 11:51:39 PM
Author: MC
The Verizon Wireless guy drives me absolutely NUTS! DH and I want to send him hate mail!
MC, I don''t like the Verizon OR the altell commercials. I liked the old sprint guy - that talked about getting a sack full of corckscrews... but that was only one laugh.. years ago.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can''t stand that toenail fungus one either..it gives me the heebie jeebies when he lifts the nail up..now I''ve got the chills it''s so gross even thinking about it.

However...I find that I LOVE some of the ones you guys HATE! Husband and I always die laughing at the messing w/sasquatch ones..and I drop whatever I''m doing if the freecreditreport.com commercial comes on-the pirate one. I have to sing it when it''s on. Gets stuck in my head a lot. And those Quizno commericals with those crazy hamster things oh heavens the first time I saw that I about peed myself I laughed so hard. I must have a really warped sense of humor or something. freecreditreport.com let''s go!

Erin

Ideal_Rock
In no particular order:

The one where the guy wipes the greasy hamburger along the side of his head for hair gel.

The claymation Chips Ahoy cookies that talk and have normal lives but then they get eaten before your eyes.

Nausea heartburn indigestion upset stomach diarreah.

The cartoon bears who get toilet paper stuck to their butt fur.

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 2:04:52 PM
Author: mrssalvo
Subway- 5 dollar footlong commercials- especially the one''s where the people who can''t sing are singing it..

Comcast- they are running this comcast ad where different people are singing some monotone song and it just irks me for some reason.
That Comcast commercial reminds me of the end of the movie "Juno." It''s like they''re trying to do some indie-chic ad and I''m just not digging it.

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/14/2009 12:45:26 AM
Author: Iowa Lizzy

Date: 3/13/2009 2:04:52 PM
Author: mrssalvo

That Comcast commercial reminds me of the end of the movie ''Juno.'' It''s like they''re trying to do some indie-chic ad and I''m just not digging it.
Oh man those monotone commercials are really aggravating. Saw it again last night. Errrggghhhh
14.gif

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 9:14:29 PM
Author: Starset Princess
In no particular order:

The one where the guy wipes the greasy hamburger along the side of his head for hair gel.

The claymation Chips Ahoy cookies that talk and have normal lives but then they get eaten before your eyes.

Nausea heartburn indigestion upset stomach diarreah.

The cartoon bears who get toilet paper stuck to their butt fur.
Good one - I just about gagged (LITERALLY) when I saw that one the first time - the sound effects and all, it''s sick!!!

luvthemstrawberries

Ideal_Rock
The Pullups "Potty Dance" song is on right now as I type - who in the world thinks of these???

And Billy Mays came on last night AND today about 5 minutes ago - I have to mute it every single time. Grrrrrr
29.gif

ETA: The one with the woman riding the bike with arm hair 5 feet long just came on too.... so SICKENING!! All those are annoying, even the ones that come on the radio with the girl whose father got married and got a sweater and a perm or something, and the girl talking has a frog in her throat.... ugh so annoying!!

Feralpenchant

Shiny_Rock
IT''S A SHAMWOW!!

Good lord.

Noahsmom

Shiny_Rock
I can''t stand the new Subway one, where it''s like flashdance, but the lighting and music don''t match and they are all wearing gloves? Weird.

The swiffer sweeper and mop commercials where the mop or broom "call" or send gifts and they play Rick Astley or some other random 80''s hit, those drive me crazy!

Any commerical where there are athletes in it and they clearly can''t act. Ugh.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure if you get these commercials in the states, but these are my least faves:

1. Whiskas commercial with Hubert

2. I can''t find the link, but the one for Campbells Soup where the crackers make the soup explode - but it looks like vomit or something grosser. Does anyone know what one I mean?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results