shape
carat
color
clarity

Learned my lesson with the mail! So upset....

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I have learned my lesson!! Well overseas I never had any problem getting my gemstones to different vendors to set...but of course the first time I do it in the states (without delivery confirmation, insurance etc) the gemstones are lost in the mail, stolen or just plain MIA!!!!! I'm so upset. I had a beautiful pink tourmaline from Barry and a litte swuaty yellow pear sapphire sent to Daniel M to set. Now 3 weeks later they still have not received it. What a bummer, I'm guessing by now all hope is lost. ;( ;( ;( ;(

faegrace

Shiny_Rock
Sarah ~

I am so sorry about your gems!!! My heart goes out to you. Is there no recourse through the post?

~ faegrace

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Oh, Sarah, what a sad thing! Did you send it registered or anything like that? No way to trace it?

It still may turn up -- sometimes stuff takes so long you think it's fallen off the planet & suddenly, shazam, it's delivered. There's still hope. I am so sorry, practically want to cry with you!

stargurl78

Ideal_Rock
Oh no! How heart-breaking :(sad A few years ago I returned a diamond ring to Chicago and I believe it was stolen as well. Now I never send anything jewelry-related or valuable without insurance. And the way the people at the Chicago post office treated me over the phone was absolutely terrible.

I hope your stones are just moving slowly and will make it there soon! Hugs to you!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am sorry that this happened. I'll think good thoughts for you - maybe the stones just went sight seeing and will turn up.

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
Oh no!!!! :(( That is awful- that helpless feeling when you don't know what's really going on (whether they're just stuck in transit or truly lost/stolen) is the absolute worst!!!!

My fingers are crossed that they accidentally got tied up in the Canadian postal strike during a detour... *hugs*

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Oh no, i hope it turns up!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so very sorry Sarah. One of the reasons I use the ebay cheapie settings is that I don't have to send my stones anywhere. I'm way too paranoid about shipping stones. Hopefully they reach their destination. Sometimes the mail can be invariably slow.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
If it makes you feel any better, our office just got a Christmas card marked "Return to Sender" back to us...our Christmas cards went out in late November.

I feel your pain--BIG TIME. https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/registered-mail-and-usps.116484/ (Don't worry about reading it--it's really long, and depressing, but ultimately happy!)

And yeah, Chicago's mail people SUCK BOOTY!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
It'll probably turn up so don't worry too much yet. I found US mail to be slower than other countries.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear that! I hope it mysteriously shows up with Daniel M in a few days or weeks.

TristanC

Brilliant_Rock
Is there a very secure insured way to send high value items internationally and domestically? What service would that be?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
USPS registered is the only safe way I know of to mail important and expensive things domestically and internationally.

Sarahbear,
I'm so sorry about your stone and hope it'll eventually show up. I've had international packages show up nearly 2 months later.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!!! No I totally didn't insure, register or track this parcel. I have had such good luck with shipping everything from Japan to the States that I thought "hey I live in the States now so I have nothing to worry about shipping out of NC." boy was I wrong. I asked Caren to keep holding a little while longer and if they don't show up in another week or two we will perhaps work on another project.

Keep thinking good thoughts for me please!

Deathspi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hope your stone shows up! It's horrible when a package is taking it's time and you fret about all the things that could of happened to it... :sick:

...Still, it could still arrive, my fingers are crossed for you!

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
That sucks. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. There have been times I have received items in the mail (regular stuff, not jewlery) ages after it was expected. I hope it is just a delay and not a loss in your case as well.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I think there's still hope that it will show up. I've used USPS Registered Mail for myself, and also FedEx to receive and ship jewelry/stones if the vendor specified their FedEx account.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results