shape
carat
color
clarity

Le sigh. All these 3+ ct diamonds on PS...

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I adore your right hand ring @rainydaze . I love seeing it in your avatar. It's given me ideas at times! Also, my goal for resetting my .76ct MRB has always been a Stuller solstice head on and undecided shank. Funny that I've never pulled the trigger on that one. In the meantime, I have given a hint for a 3 stone OEC ring (small stones) for Christmas. This must be partly PS influence, or else you and I are just twinning. :mrgreen2:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why thank you!! I have to say, I am kind of amazed at how much response this modest ring has garnered. And ok, we are totally twinning because the diamond in my avatar is a .76!! It's not an RB but still! =)2 I have my fingers crossed for you that your hint is taken, that sounds awesome!

Reactions: AV_

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like the only person on here who can’t upgrade. Le sigh. Where does everyone get so much spare money? I need to plant a money tree.

I waited 40 years for mine :lol:

@junebug17 your ring is gorgeous and looks huge with the halo :love:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why thank you!! I have to say, I am kind of amazed at how much response this modest ring has garnered. And ok, we are totally twinning because the diamond in my avatar is a .76!! It's not an RB but still! =)2 I have my fingers crossed for you that your hint is taken, that sounds awesome!

I was going to say the same thing, your avatar ring is gorgeous!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I waited 40 years for mine :lol:

@junebug17 your ring is gorgeous and looks huge with the halo :love:
I hit 40 years in 1.5 years. One can hope. And I can try to find one of those elusive money trees.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is a logistical reason that you and many of us are drawn toward bigger stones and OECs. Bigger stones=easier to see. OECs = bigger facets = easier to see. Getting older = failing eyesight = requires bigger stones which are again? EASIER TO SEE!!! Don’t be down on yourself. It’s just life.

I also really really agree that you NEED to see OECs in person to decide the color range that appeals to you. And each stone can reflect light differently. Missy’s Bea (now @Austina ‘s Bella) is an L. She was super bright. Stood up next to K and Js. I credit that to the cut. And I wasn’t staring at her upside down which is how you would more easily see body color. After you have looked at a bunch in real life it will also helpnyou truly determines how important color is to you IN AN OEC, which can be so different from a different cut stone. Then you can decide if you can sacrifice in color to get a larger stone.

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Drumroll please.....

I haven't done anything yet. :lol:

There was one 2.22 K OEC that kept calling to me, but it sold (twice) while I was trying to figure out what I really wanted to do. And a 2.2 I/VS1 OEC that was gorge, but a lot more than I think was in the cards if I went the upgrade route.

I dunno. It doesn't feel like the right time for an upgrade. I do love my OEC and I'm not sure I could give it up. So I have been focused on resetting... but getting nowhere fast with that either.

Still want rose gold with a platinum head.

Or platinum. The Sholdt semi-bezel. But with side diamonds. No, engraving. But I'm a full bezel girl. Enter custom.... but along the lines of this style? No, that style.

Ah but the way rose gold sets off the diamond on my skin tone... back to that.

Hoping for an a-ha moment. It's been long enough, I'll throw in the towel soon and do something but am kinda also waiting for DH to see if he 'surprises' me with a hey you said you wanted a reset, you should do it!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
@rainydaze I've nothing constructive to add, other than the ring in your avatar is one of my all-time favourite PS rings :love: and it inspired a colour stone reset I'm currently working on (white semi-bezel, yellow squarish shank).

Reactions: AV_

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the update @rainydaze! I understand, there's a lot involved with these decisions and it can take awhile to figure out the best way to go.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel like the only person on here who can’t upgrade. Le sigh. Where does everyone get so much spare money? I need to plant a money tree.

I'm with you! @AprilBaby - I love to watch others upgrade though. That's part of why I picked a blingy band for an engagement ring. I knew I wouldn't be happy with a small center diamond, and I don't think we'd have been able to get anywhere near a 1 ct. stone. Plus, I have larger fingers (7.5 ring finger) so the smaller stones looked REALLY small on me compared to others' hands that I've seen. Ultimately, my husband thought it was a strange choice for an e-ring, but he supported it. I'm happy about my choice, because it's definitely kept DSS at bay since I've been around these parts!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results