shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender spinel

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
He said the one he is currently cutting was a failed attempt at making a stone for someone else who wanted one for a ring. It won''t be the size they wanted so I''m next in line for it if they don''t like it when he posts it tomorrow. He didn''t tell me if it was a round/cushion/oval cut and whatnot though.

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Oh good, I hope this works out for you. :)

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I hope so too, but it doesn''t seem very big. I''m having a hard time trying to visualize a 5mm stone on someones finger. He posted a picture of it later this morning on his website with a description. I think it''s a pretty color

http://www.customgemstones.com/NewStone.html

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll take some pics for you...the one I got is right at 6.0mm and I have another pinky lavender that is a tad smaller.

I really want to try to get the bubble veil and the angles of the cut too...I''ll make a new thread so as not to hijack yours.

Laura

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
Yay!! He said the spinel is mine if I wanted it and is knocking down the price to $90 including the shipping. Now I can have my first sparkly stone to play with.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Very, very pretty stone. I''m adding the picture for those of us that love the eye candy.
36.gif

NewRockBigspinelDS.jpg

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty stone and a good deal too!

Laura

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 9:50:54 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Date: 2/6/2010 7:02:41 AM

Author: arjunajane

Date: 2/5/2010 10:42:53 AM

Date: 2/5/2010 12:30:08 AM

You''re correct, they are not easy to find!

After looking for over a year, I recently got my lavender blue from Barry at ACS and its lovely.

I would def. ask if he has anymore material, although I know he apparently got a ton of inquiries already after I posted my stone..

It may be a case of putting out all the feelers and waiting I''m afraid..

I emailed him about your violet blue Tunduru, but he said he just wished he had a pound of that material. LOL!

ha ha, yes Barry did tell me that post caused him a minor headache, lol..

sounds promising with the couple hunj'' cts he''s just purchased though - gotta be some winners in there right!?

It really is a gorgeous stone, I''m very happy I jumped on it..

Now, if only I could find a round blue spinel that is not overly dark, I can complete my suite and have Julia begin crafting my 5 stone bracelet - and I''m quickly finding this is not as easy as I imagined!
7.gif
41.gif

I guess that means you won''t be posting pictures of it?
8.gif

Pictures of which TL? The Tunduru - ? I''m sure there is already a thread with my own pics..

did I misunderstand?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/6/2010 11:50:48 PM
There is a thread??? I only recall seeing one picture of it, Barry''s vendor pic. It''s the latest one you purchased, the purplish blue Tunduru, yes.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-lax-in-posting.134514/

I want to see YOUR pictures!
31.gif

ah whoops! sorry TL, I was thinking you meant the lavender spinel..

No, I won''t be posting about this newest one unfortunately as it is overly dark for the purposes for which I bought it,
39.gif
so it won''t be staying with me..

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/7/2010 12:30:05 AM

Date: 2/6/2010 11:50:48 PM
There is a thread??? I only recall seeing one picture of it, Barry''s vendor pic. It''s the latest one you purchased, the purplish blue Tunduru, yes.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-lax-in-posting.134514/

I want to see YOUR pictures!
31.gif

ah whoops! sorry TL, I was thinking you meant the lavender spinel..

No, I won''t be posting about this newest one unfortunately as it is overly dark for the purposes for which I bought it,
39.gif
so it won''t be staying with me..
Awwww, bummer. Well, I hope you can find a lighter one for your bracelet.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks lovey...working on it atm, but it''s no easy feat!
I may go with sapphire or another tourm in the end..

bummer, as this one looked perfect in photos but was honestly the very first BB stone I''ve bought which didn''t match the pic perfectly..
7.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue and violet spinels are the one stone I find that least matches their photos. I do not know why this is.
33.gif
I have returned so many spinels to various dealers because they were either too dark, or much greyer than the photos.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/7/2010 12:56:32 AM
Blue and violet spinels are the one stone I find that least matches their photos. I do not know why this is.
33.gif
I have returned so many spinels to various dealers because they were either too dark, or much greyer than the photos.

Ya, I hear ya...my lavender was also a tad different to the photos - but in a positive way though, so that was fine.
ah well, a first for everything! (that is, for Barry''s photo not matching my IRL); it''s still a nice stone, however just too different in tone than the other 4 for the bracelet..

well, the hunt goes on - I''m sure most would rather nab them for themselves,
5.gif
but if anyone finds a round blue spinel in the 6 - 6.5mm range and feels like sharing I would love to know!
2.gif

aggal06, my apologies for this slight hi-jacking - I wish you well in finding your gem!

aggal06

Shiny_Rock
I don't mind the hijacking. Dan said I should get the stone by this next Wed. or Thursday. I'll be sure to take pictures for you guys when I receive it. It's been cloudy and raining a lot here lately so hopefully the sun will be out some so I can take it outside to see what it looks like outdoors. I'm curious to see how much darker/different it's going to look from the photo he took since a lot of you have mentioned his stones are darker in real life.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results