shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender spinel halo by David Klass!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I am excited to share my finished lavender spinel ring! I was going to wait until I had it in hand, but I've had a few requests for a thread, so here it is!

This has been a work in progress for nearly a year. I knew I wanted a special piece of jewelry to commerate our 25th anniversary this year, something seperate from wedding jewelry.

My husbands birthstone is amethyst, and I especially love rose de france amethyst. So last fall I started looking for a gemstone in that color, wanting something more durable than amethyst. Thanks to PS, I learned about spinel. With some guidance from the members on the CS forum, I purchased a spinel in just the color I wanted from Jim McCormick (thank you @elle_71125 for the lead!) . I had Dan Stair recut the gem... a nerve racking leap of faith, but his expert cutting produced a beautiful gem.
2.98ct Sri Lankan spinel, mixed radiant cut.
20190412_161010.png

I spent months deciding how I wanted this ring to look and sent my plan to David Klass. With just a few cads and tweaks (and tweaked one last time to get a shank like @D&T > thank you!), she was fully designed. I wanted an art deco feel with bold lines and geometric shapes. I wanted to use singlecut diamonds in the halo for their subdued glamour.
Cad:
20190911_183735.png

I love that this stone reminds me of rose de france and my husband. And I love that spinel is a birthstone for August...our anniversary month, and the month our first son was born.

On to the bling!
Screenshot from video:
Screenshot_20190909-212022.png

Glam stills:
20190911_183844.png
20190911_183756.png

UPS scheduled to deliver to my office tomorrow! Handshots to follow!:appl:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! That is just gorgeous! The color of your spinel is divine and the setting is perfect! I Loved reading the back story and the sentimentality of the stone choice! Enjoy that beauty in much happiness!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So excited to see some handshots:love:!!! Gorgeous everything but of course you knew that :twisted2:

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I saw this on his IG and was so excited for you! I followed your thread from when you were just looking for a lavender stone. It is sooo gorgeous. Congrats!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow - gorgeous! The lavender color is really lovely and I love that you used single cut diamonds. I love all the meaning behind the ring as well. What a special way to commemorate your 25th wedding anniversary!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In love.. congratulations! and your ring is a testament to your relationship and love. Love it!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great combination of color, cut and gorgeous setting. Can't wait to see hand pics!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your kind responses! I can't wait to get this tomorrow, I've waited soo long! I'll be getting it @ work in the midst of a crazy 10 or 12 hour surgery schedule, so my hands certainly won't be at their finest, but I'll post pics asap anyway!
#blingnurse:roll2:

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!!! :love: Can't wait to see handshots.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous in every way post lots of handpics!!!

Q

Queenie60

Gorgeous ring - love the stone color and all of the ring details are spectacular. Congratulations.

Lykame

Brilliant_Rock
Sublime! Lovely story and beautiful ring! Congratulations and can't wait for hand shots!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone and ring, thanks for sharing!

DK :love::love::love:

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That setting showcases your lovely spinel well!

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
WOW>. that facet patterning. the ring is beautiful!!!
WEll done! congrats and enjoy!

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh this is totally marvelous!!! The stone is lovely and the ring just makes such a breathtaking combo!!!! amazing!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! This is absolutely perfect & I cannot wait to see it on your hand!

I have a 9x7 amethyst that I bought in Australia many moons ago, when I went on a whim following the sudden death of my father. I had it set in a basic white gold setting & every time I look at it, it reminds me of my dad & the hot sunshine on my face. I have wanted to reset for years, and your new ring is giving me ideas galore!

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
@Alex T I totally relate to this! My late father's birthstone was blue zircon, so I have a blue zircon ring now that makes me think of him when I wear it, he is with me always in spirit :)

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
508D5B5B-B7F0-43D7-BBEB-6577AAA7C0D4.gif

9E51E410-9B09-49B6-815C-75CC90810D61.gif

Everything about your new ring is perfect! I swear, my jaw dropped when I saw the insta video. This baby is drool worthy! I love the shoulders, I love the tapered corners, and I freaking love that spinel. :love: Congrats on your 25th wedding anniversary and on this gorgeous ring.

Thank you for posting pics for us impatient b*tches. :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOVE this @CHRISTY-DANIELLE. It's lovely and feminine and just gorgeous. Super pretty. And the color is so sweet. Happy 25th and here's to another happy 25 and more.:appl:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can not wait to see your pictures of this beauty!! I saw it on IG and nearly fell off my chair. Gorgeous!! Love the sentimentality behind it!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results