shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender Sapphire Flower Ring

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look what arrived today after being delayed, gotta love USPS!

Originally I referred to this as a Sputnik ring but I'm going to call it a flower because in person it looks more like a flower. Anyway you slice it the center sapphire is 7mm and surrounded by single cuts in white gold. There appears to be remnants of a maker's stamp on the inside. I've looked through a loupe for inclusions and it's pretty clean but I think there is a feather in there so that gives me some hope it might be natural, since you never really know without testing.

It is currently too small but I'm not going to resize it, nope if I want to wear it then the deal I've made with myself is I have to lose weight.

In the sun it is a blue purple and indoors it calms down to a more lavender shade, it's pretty cool, the setting is really well made and it has a nice weight to it.

IMG_6342.JPG IMG_6343.JPG IMG_6344.JPG IMG_6346.JPG IMG_6347.JPG IMG_6348.JPG IMG_6349.JPG IMG_6350.JPG IMG_6351.JPG IMG_6352.JPG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Two more since I couldn't fit them all in the original post.

IMG_6356.JPG IMG_6357.JPG

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This colour is so dreamy. It definitely hits my sweet spot. And you're not going to size it & wear it?? :eek2: I'd have to have my jaw wired immediately if I made that deal with myself, but what fabulous incentive!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ahhhh @natasha-cupcake, you know when it was for sale I was looking for comps and couldn't find anything even close. This is too funny!

@Alex T, the color is what did it for me to be honest, the design was a little out there. Yes it's going to take a lot of willpower not to resize, I am determined right now, check back in a month!

@stracci2000, I couldn't wait to get it in the mail so I could take pictures! Can't wait to wear it but if I kick the bucket or tire of it before then, I'll drop you a line!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know the only reason I signed up for IG was to share videos of jewelry :lol: I'm either sad or dedicated @stracci2000

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You know the only reason I signed up for IG was to share videos of jewelry :lol: I'm either sad or dedicated @stracci2000
So now you need to shoot videos of all your cool jewels! And the pets, too!
How big do you figure that sapphire is? 1-1.5 carats, maybe?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's between 1.25 and 1.50 carats, in diameter it's just about the same as the OEC but I think sapphires weigh more but don't quote me on that.:read:

Thank You @PreRaphaelite :wavey:

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow @StephanieLynn That is a beautiful color and setting! I am intrigued with the cut of the center stone. It’s faceting is so pretty I feel like I would lose myself in it for some time. I don’t know how you’re going to wait to resize it! That’s willpower if I ever heard it!! :lol: I am usually at the jeweler that very day!

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @Slick1 the cut is pretty amazing, this is the first sapphire I've had that really sparkles, you know as much as they can anyway.

My plan is to wait but I am not the most patient and I have a weakness for ice cream! :lickout:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The color of the sapphire is fabulous!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results