shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender/peach/multicolour freshwater pearls?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone have any real-life pictures of lavender, peach, and/or multicolour freshwater pearls?
Keen to see how the colours look.
Thanks!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Just hang on one second ...
I was very lucky indeed to have an apricot and a lavender strand gifted to me by the lovelly Lisa
I also have some pink ones from the mall jewler but they are in being restrung although i do have the matching earings (excise the mall qualify lack of luster but we are talking about colour here
Now just give us a mo ...

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Defiantly take a look at the pearl paradise website

Now unfortunately i probably take the worst pictures not just on PS but possible from the entire internet :boohoo:
I wish i had my mall strand here because its multi strands and you could see the pink against the white strand
I took these on the bed becsuse its night time and that's where the best light is
Against a cream pillow case
lavender
apricot
Pink

20220219_222306.jpg 20220219_222314.jpg 20220219_222323.jpg

Attachments

• 20220219_222343.jpg
    20220219_222343.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 20220219_222353.jpg
    20220219_222353.jpg
    203.5 KB · Views: 11

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I've discovered i don't enjoy having pearls on in this obsessive humidity we are having :(2
Sorry its just too hot
i didn't capture the pink earings so good but they are all defiantly different colours
Someone will come along shortly with better pictures
Btw my favourite are the apricot
20220219_223833.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think i just won the award for worst PS pictures ever :cry2:

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
I posted a PP multicolor freshadama strand in a thread last year. I’ll try to get you some close-up pictures of the pearls when I have some downtime this weekend. (Post #224 in link below)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
These are over a decade old. I think they called them "metallic freshwaters" back then.

The outer strand is a peachy/coral color, the inner strand is more peachy/pink.

PP METALLICS.jpg

I have not seen metallic CFWPs like these for some years!

DK :kiss2:

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
I had been intrigued by pink freshwater pearls for a while as well, and finally took a plunge with a lucky find recently (and I love it!). I'll post some phone photos of the strand for you this weekend.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, these strands are over a decade old.. wow... hahaha.. :oops2:

Any idea if they sell them anymore? Do they go under a different name?

None in PP for yonks!

DK :confused2:

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
Defiantly take a look at the pearl paradise website

Now unfortunately i probably take the worst pictures not just on PS but possible from the entire internet :boohoo:
I wish i had my mall strand here because its multi strands and you could see the pink against the white strand
I took these on the bed becsuse its night time and that's where the best light is
Against a cream pillow case
lavender
apricot
Pink
Thank you! Very helpful to see a range of colours. I love the apricot ones.

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
I posted a PP multicolor freshadama strand in a thread last year. I’ll try to get you some close-up pictures of the pearls when I have some downtime this weekend. (Post #224 in link below)

It's beautiful!
Apart from the superior lustre, do you think that the strength of the colours improves as the grades go from AA to AAA to freshadama?

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
I had been intrigued by pink freshwater pearls for a while as well, and finally took a plunge with a lucky find recently (and I love it!). I'll post some phone photos of the strand for you this weekend.
That sounds great, thank you!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! Very helpful to see a range of colours. I love the apricot ones.

Thank you
I got rather exvitted to see your thread
Im sorry my photos are terrible
i hope you get to see some for real soon
our main street family jewler in my town has some coloured freshwaters n their window
Not nearly as nice as the ones you can source off the internet but a good range of colours never the less

Brigid

Shiny_Rock
My multicolour metallic freshwater pearls which I bought 4 years ago, I wish I could capture the overtones but I’m not the greatest at taking photos with my iPhone.
Excuse my 52 year old neck. 6F4A8EC9-40E9-4D89-9771-4BDB436322EA.jpeg A2F62AD2-173D-4E89-9843-744110AEDD94.jpeg

Last edited:

Rhd3

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful!
Apart from the superior lustre, do you think that the strength of the colours improves as the grades go from AA to AAA to freshadama?

You know, that is a good question. I’ve never seen the other grades to compare. If saturation is important, then I’d make that known and ask for some to choose from in each grade that you’re considering. I tend to want pictures of the exact item that I’m going to receive if they’re using stock photos. Here is a close-up of the freshadama strand.

EA70E380-FA35-4FCB-8907-A1EE31B734A1.jpeg

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Range of colours in any mixed strand depends on the taste of the person compiling the strand plus what pearls they have available when doing the assembly.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
It's beautiful!

I would say from observation that if you're after saturated colours, it's a good idea to go for higher grades after knowing what colour(s) you'd like, since sharper lustre allows the colour to come across clearly (or least that's how it appears to me). Dull lustre tends to make any body colour hazier.

However because high lustre pearls can obviously have pastel body colours, it's best to specify what you want to PP (or whichever other vendors) and request pictures of their selections for you, as @Rhd3 suggests.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my experience colors of FWP are all over the place. The best I've seen are the "exotics", "metallics" and some Edisons (bead nucleated FWP).

Here are my exotics from the PP 2008 sale:
8-9mm round exotic necklace from 2008 PP special, PS.jpeg

Attachments

• oval exotics from 2008 PP special, PS.jpeg
    oval exotics from 2008 PP special, PS.jpeg
    69 KB · Views: 1,081

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
Located this old photo of an Edison (bead-nucleated FWP) lavender drop pendant from PP. (My daughter fell in love with it so it's hers now....)

Edison lavender drop pendant PS.jpeg

Wow. That's an amazing drop. I can't blame your daughter for appropriating it. Any chance you still have the measurements of the pearl? I have 18mm tall drops and I sometimes wonder if I should go for bigger.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's about 14.something mm wide by 15.something mm long.

I prefer larger pearl pendants to have a larger bail so I can hang them on my longer gold chains. The bail on this pendant is too small to do that.

goldnsilver

Shiny_Rock
It's about 14.something mm wide by 15.something mm long.

I prefer larger pearl pendants to have a larger bail so I can hang them on my longer gold chains. The bail on this pendant is too small to do that.

Thank you. That sounds like a good chunky size. Maybe I should keep an eye out for wider drops. The "problem" with my long drops is that they have much less impact (and well, actual mass) than wide drops and rounds.

Yeah it's so tricky to find the perfect bail (I am therefore in the process of resetting nearly all of my earring drops lol). Yours does look lovely and dainty though, and it accentuates the size of the pearl.

CalliopeCladdagh

Shiny_Rock
You know, that is a good question. I’ve never seen the other grades to compare. If saturation is important, then I’d make that known and ask for some to choose from in each grade that you’re considering. I tend to want pictures of the exact item that I’m going to receive if they’re using stock photos. Here is a close-up of the freshadama strand.

So pretty!
Good point about asking to see pictures of the actual items.

Most people are mentioning PP as a vendor - they are who I've checked out myself, but are there any others I should be looking at specifically for naturally-coloured freshwaters?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results