shape
carat
color
clarity

Lavender Jadeite Bangle!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been a very very very naughty girl!!!

All you Jade lovers are probably familiar with my green Jade bangle by now so I'm here to report that I've added another bangle to my jade family!

As another wise PSer mentioned in my other thread "Your Jade finds you" and this one obviously found me.

There were a few considerations for me when getting a lavender.

1. Obviously budget was a huge issue. There are many many many beautiful lavenders out there but they are also completely not in my budget.

2. Lavender. It has to be lavender. Not
"squint and imagine the nasty grey tone is lavender."

3. Dealing with vendor shenanigans in terms of color. The videos from the vendors are either usually heavily edited or taken from cameras that really amplify the colors. Again I really did not want grey and had to emphasize time after time that it had better not be grey!!! They assured me repeatedly that it was not grey.

So after that long winded rant, here it is!!! It has a few stone lines that can't be felt at all but that was my trade off for color. It is lavender in ALL lights!!! ALL LIGHTS!!!! It's actually a lot more lavender than my photos! It was incredibly affordable given the color and I ordered a report from the Hong Kong Lab for it as well.

PXL_20210324_052018782.jpg PXL_20210324_050309691.jpg PXL_20210324_050307840.jpg PXL_20210324_050258649.jpg PXL_20210324_050253311.jpg PXL_20210324_050248379.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, so beautiful! Can we ask which vendor you used?

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooohhhh, come to ogle more pics of your beautiful new addition!!
Sooooo pretty!!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, so beautiful! Can we ask which vendor you used?

Sure!

This is her Instagram

The majority of the stock is on Wechat! I have no idea how I had that set up but if you message her they will give you the Wechat number and then all the virtual store holders will add you.

They are essentially the middle man for a bunch of Jade vendors. The vendors are the ones who take the videos. Everyone is different in terms of how accurate their videos are!!!

The people you speak to may never see the stock you are enquiring about so it's like passing on messages down the line!

Hehe now you see why I was so hesitant to share who the vendor was?

Best of luck and do share with us if you buy something!!!

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sure!

This is her Instagram

The majority of the stock is on Wechat! I have no idea how I had that set up but if you message her they will give you the Wechat number and then all the virtual store holders will add you.

They are essentially the middle man for a bunch of Jade vendors. The vendors are the ones who take the videos. Everyone is different in terms of how accurate their videos are!!!

The people you speak to may never see the stock you are enquiring about so it's like passing on messages down the line!

Thank you for this, but gosh, buying jade is a real experience! I’m so glad you got something you love, the jade colour is really cool!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for this, but gosh, buying jade is a real experience! I’m so glad you got something you love, the jade colour is really cool!

Haha oh yes you have to work for it!!!! But I'm extremely happy!!!

I think they are as green and as purple as I could manage with my budget so no complaints!!! It's just a lot of drama and sending money to China without really knowing what you'll get and if you'll get anything.

If your postal service loses it or breaks it, tough luck! And this is not a criticism of the vendor. It's just the business model! But I should clarify that I have received ALL my goods from EVERYONE I've ever bought from!

I do like my Hong Kong reports though!!! If it's good enough for Bonhams, it's good enough for me!

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Ok fess up what other bangles do you have up your sleeve? :lol:

Congrats on your new bangle!

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok fess up what other bangles do you have up your sleeve? :lol:

Congrats on your new bangle!

Haha no this really is it!!! I'm officially broke!!!!

I'm currently wearing one on each arm!!! I figure life is short! Who cares if I look ridiculous with two bangles lol! Makes me happy!!!

PXL_20210324_224724463.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20210324_224711847.jpg
    PXL_20210324_224711847.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 10

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I went to the seller's IG page. So many beauties! Their translation probably made it worse, but I couldn't figure out what they were trying to say in their posts! :lol-2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Haha no this really is it!!! I'm officially broke!!!!

I'm currently wearing one on each arm!!! I figure life is short! Who cares if I look ridiculous with two bangles lol! Makes me happy!!!

PXL_20210324_224724463.jpg

Agree. Wear it if it makes you happy

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I went to the seller's IG page. So many beauties! Their translation probably made it worse, but I couldn't figure out what they were trying to say in their posts! :lol-2:

Anything you are fond of in particular MrsKMB?

I am kinda sad now that I won't be hunting anymore!!!

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I LOVED these:

They could be plastic, for all I know. :lol-2:

joycece

Rough_Rock
They look so good on you. Thank you for sharing the vendor. I'm in the market looking for a jade ring band and we stalk her ig now!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sure!

This is her Instagram

Im a bit scared of wee chat

but i use it to keep in touch with an ex-workmate who's wife is Chinese and she still has family in China

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Is it in Mandarin or Cantonese? Might be able to have a neighbor shop for me. :lol-2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Mandarin!

Shoot! Neighbor speaks Cantonese. My kids took Mandarin in elementary school. They're grown now. They can count, sing Happy Birthday, and say "rice." :lol-2:

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Is it in Mandarin or Cantonese? Might be able to have a neighbor shop for me. :lol-2:

It’s mostly the same Chinese characters though the spoken language is different. So good chance your neighbor can help. Also use Chrome - the auto translate is not bad.

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Feeling so lucky I nabbed this bangle

PXL_20210411_035526161.jpg

PXL_20210411_035647841.jpg

It’s so beautiful @mellowyellowgirl! I showed my sister and she was was very smitten with it. Did you purchase this online, overseas? Are also wearing the green jadeite you purchased recently too? It must be hard deciding on which one to wear.
I’m still enjoying wearing the beautiful bangle you gifted me.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s so beautiful @mellowyellowgirl! I showed my sister and she was was very smitten with it. Did you purchase this online, overseas? Are also wearing the green jadeite you purchased recently too? It must be hard deciding on which one to wear.
I’m still enjoying wearing the beautiful bangle you gifted me.

Ooh have you got it on permanently???

Yes!!! I've been wearing both, one on each arm!!!! Haha you have to get a purple for the other arm!!! Actually it's very handy because as I have them both on permanently, I feel a little bit fancy even when I forget my other jewellery.

Here was the other arm today:

PXL_20210411_035804113.jpg

I've also discovered I can get the purple off easily with a plastic bag, despite my very inflexible right hand, so no need to stress that it will be stuck on forever.

Both were purchased online, overseas. Same dealer but different Jade vendor. I thought the vendor for the purple took more reliable photos and videos than the green.

My son has assembled both presents from you and enjoyed them thoroughly!!!! He's torn between making other things with the wheels and gears or keeping them as is. Thank you so much!!!!!

Last edited:

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ooh have you got it on permanently???

Yes!!! I've been wearing both, one on each arm!!!! Haha you have to get a purple for the other arm!!! Actually it's very handy because as I have them both on permanently, I feel a little bit fancy even when I forget my other jewellery.

Here was the other arm today:

I've also discovered I can get the purple off easily with a plastic bag, despite my very inflexible right hand, so no need to stress that it will be stuck on forever.

Both were purchased online, overseas. Same dealer but different Jade vendor. I thought the vendor for the purple took more reliable photos and videos than the green.

My son has assembled both presents from you and enjoyed them thoroughly!!!! He's torn between making other things with the wheels and gears or keeping them as us. Thank you so much!!!!!

Gorgeous pairing with the green Jadeite!
I’ve tried once to remove the bangle and didn’t try it again..haha I’m a bit of a wuss. To be honest it was a half concerted effort as I just decided on the spur of the moment to try the plastic bag method and the bangle was caught on the first joint on my wrist/lower thumb and I kind of panicked and pulled it back down. It did leave a bit of red mark and bruise. I think next time I’ll use soapy water and psyche myself up for it. I was googling to see when the best time of day is to remove it, I wonder if hands are less swollen in the morning and that would be the better time?
My daughter loves to stroke and play with it on my wrist and I’m sure would love to try it on, but I told her I can’t get it off at the moment. I do adore it so I’m just enjoying wearing it permanently.
I’m glad your son likes the Lego, but I don’t know how you feel about freestyling Lego, the control freak in me wants to leave it assembled but my son loves to free style and make his own creations. After a while I do relent and he makes the most amazing creations!

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a photo of my sister’s jadeite bangle. She must have smaller hands than I do because she could easily remove it without the need to use lotion or soap.
Dad bought the bangle for our mum a long time ago! My mum recently gifted it my sister :kiss2:.

28E25894-1CDE-4FB1-88F3-8B45B56247AA.jpeg

Attachments

• DDA97EB1-20CA-420B-95AE-CF9FBAFB2D1A.jpeg
    DDA97EB1-20CA-420B-95AE-CF9FBAFB2D1A.jpeg
    117.1 KB · Views: 34
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results