shape
carat
color
clarity

Latest upgrade! WF ACA solitaire + CVB French cut eternity band

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings, M!!!:love: I love the size of your new ACA, and that CVB french cut band is beyond beautiful!

To answer your question, no, it does not matter what your spacer band is made of. It just needs to be low enough to separate the other two rings without damaging the e-ring prongs itself.

Who made your engraved band? It's beautiful, too!

Last edited:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond, ring and band!!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Skhii

Shiny_Rock
Wow, wow, wow!!! Spectacular set of rings!! I echo the requests for more photos and info on the vendors who made the other two bands! The diagonal slash through the diamond is really neat. Are the bands all the same width, and do you know the width and height your French cut band is?

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such a classic, beautiful set. Loving the FC band :love:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
simple yet beautiful!..:love:

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
gorgeous mochiko! It's stunning on you and a great size!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone for the kind comments. Sorry I had been traveling then had some family issues so haven't had time to really reply til now.

I've been taking a LOT of photos lately and will sift through them to find some of the better ones to post. :)

Gorgeous rings, M!!!:love: I love the size of your new ACA, and that CVB french cut band is beyond beautiful!

To answer your question, no, it does not matter what your spacer band is made of. It just needs to be low enough to separate the other two rings without damaging the e-ring prongs itself.

Who made your engraved band? It's beautiful, too!

Thank you so much for the info on spacers. I had been researching the difference in hardness / durability between Plat-Ir and Plat-Ru alloys.. maybe I was overthinking things too much.

The engraved band is by Victor! :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Mochico! I love Victor's engraved band so much!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gah, how did I miss this thread???

Your ring is beautiful Mochiko41! Such a lovely stone and gorgeous setting! Love your wedding band too...perfect set!

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
All I can say is, thank goodness for Whiteflash's VERY generous lifetime upgrade policy! Very soon after receiving my 1.4ct ACA, I realized it was too small for me. I guess I should have realized it would be, since I previously had a 1.7 ct OEC! Anyway I went from a 7.2mm to 7.8mm ACA and it's a huge difference visually.

Becca and Vera were very patient and understanding, and I have enjoyed the experience very much. They never once made me feel like I was nuts for wanting to upgrade so soon or for being so indecisive. I'm sure this won't be my last upgrade, either, as I want to upgrade to another similar 1.8ct, H or I color ACA but with higher clarity in the future (the color and size of this ACA are perfect for me but I'd prefer slightly higher clarity ie a VS1 or a higher VS2, but WF currently has none in stock that meet my criteria). So for now, I am simply thrilled and enjoying my beautiful new set!

Caysie of CVB made my solitaire setting again and also this time I had her make me a matching French cut eternity band. I love the look of both stacked together, but I'm worried that the milgrain on the band might scratch the side of the solitaire. I do have a 1mm plat spacer already but it is not the same plat alloy as the one Caysie uses (iridium vs ruthenium) -- I wonder if that would be a problem?

Here are the specs:

1.84ct Whiteflash ACA, I VS2
Platinum Jovyn setting by CVB

3/4 'Riviere' eternity band (I wanted to leave a little room for resizing in future if needed, so I didn't go for a full eternity)
1.62 ctw G VS elongated French cuts. Interesting tidbit is that the Frenchies were recut from 1.9 ctw of baguettes.

Lots of photos:

20170424_154738.jpg 20170426_155238.jpg 2017-03-21 07.34.33.jpg 20170419_073859.jpg 17881334_1768924460103053_8679500976702357504_n.jpg 20170419_075052.jpg 20170424_084103.jpg 20170424_084410.jpg

Thanks for letting me share my new set :)

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
I love everything! Classically beautiful yet unique!

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set. Makes me want a CvB bobble too!!!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really classy

JmeeMrie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
:love: Beautiful set, I am considering the Riviere as my wedding band as well and I had a few questions for you. What is the width of your band? Also are you happy with the 3/4 ? I am debating between getting the 3/4 and the full eternity. I like the idea of being able to size it though.

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just stunningly gorgeous!!!! Congrats!!!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks @goldenfire :) I haven't been wearing much bling lately but I do love these rings a lot!

@JmeeMrie, I haven't measured the ring myself but the description I got from Caysie was "2.4-2.5mm finished width); crafted with fourteen custom 1.8x3.5mm elongated French Cut diamonds, G/VS". As for 3/4 vs full eternity. I think if I ordered another eternity band, I would make it a full eternity but have it sized up slightly to account for any future ring size fluctuations. The 3/4 eternity has the advantage of being slightly cheaper and also being resizeable but it does spin a bit sometimes. It is loose though since I have lost a bit of weight since I had it made so it might be spinning just because of that, I'm not sure. :)

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful set! But more pics please!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results