carat
color
clarity

Latest David Klass Creations...

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
These are gorgeous :love:

I love them both! Well done!

The rose gold is divine with the green and the opal in the halo is a masterpiece.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
IMG_8329.JPG
IMG_8353.JPG IMG_8354.JPG IMG_8372.JPG IMG_8376.JPG

Now I'm only missing a juicy pair of OEC earrings. :kiss: :D

Funny thing is, DK got a gorgeous pair of OECs from a courier while I was there -- 6cttw!! If I only had a money tree... :razz:

Love all of these beauties! I would say you have an incredible jewelry suite!!!

The bracelets are divine and I adore that oec ring and bezel necklace!

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I haven't necessarily been building my collection off of a plan, but I have had a general idea of types of gems, colors, and types of pieces I'd like collect overall. That said, it also hasn't been too hard to get sidetracked, so I have some additions as the opportunity presents itself. lol

The design for the opal underwent a bit of an evolution, @meely. I started with the more typical halo style and then wanted to see if I could adapt it to be more unique. Amy suggested a compass layout with scallop edging, and I then had her modify the metal areas and undergallery. DK has a phenomenal engraver on his bench, so I gave them free reign on whatever they felt worked best for this particular design.

I really like the end result and have another project underway using a modified version of this design for a rose cut diamond.

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thanks everyone! I haven't necessarily been building my collection off of a plan, but I have had a general idea of types of gems, colors, and types of pieces I'd like collect overall. That said, it also hasn't been too hard to get sidetracked, so I have some additions as the opportunity presents itself. lol

The design for the opal underwent a bit of an evolution, @meely. I started with the more typical halo style and then wanted to see if I could adapt it to be more unique. Amy suggested a compass layout with scallop edging, and I then had her modify the metal areas and undergallery. DK has a phenomenal engraver on his bench, so I gave them free reign on whatever they felt worked best for this particular design.

I really like the end result and have another project underway using a modified version of this design for a rose cut diamond.

to be honest i really like that halo design and was wondering if you would mind if someone did a ring with that type of halo? i have different ideas for how i'd do the gallery but the halo in particular i think is wonderful but i would totally understand if you did not want someone to have such a similar ring in design.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
to be honest i really like that halo design and was wondering if you would mind if someone did a ring with that type of halo? i have different ideas for how i'd do the gallery but the halo in particular i think is wonderful but i would totally understand if you did not want someone to have such a similar ring in design.

Thanks @crystalinmke, I’m flattered you’re interested. Feel free to have Amy pull the CADs and go from there. I had created the undergallery for the opal, specifically, to play up the effects of the stone. So I’m also changing it for the rose cut project.

Can’t wait to see your piece when it’s finished! =)2

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey, everyone, I’m enjoying the thread. Question: I am sending David my emerald tomorrow to set in a simple bezel pendant.

He recommended sending it fed ex or ups insured and signature confirmation, but I believe Fed ex doesn’t insure jewelry?

How did you send?

(I have no idea why my post is suddenly in italics lol)

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey, everyone, I’m enjoying the thread. Question: I am sending David my emerald tomorrow to set in a simple bezel pendant.

He recommended sending it fed ex or ups insured and signature confirmation, but I believe Fed ex doesn’t insure jewelry?

How did you send?

(I have no idea why my post is suddenly in italics lol)

Hi @whitewave! I just figured the italics were for *special* emphasis. :lol-2:

I usually drop things off to DK, but on the occasions I’ve had to send items to him (or any other jeweler) of any significant value, I use Registered mail from USPS. As far as I know, that is the most secure method and also allows you to actually file a claim in the event it’s necessary.

It takes longer since the package is under lock and key as it travels - usually the estimate is 10-14 business days, but it can be sooner depending on where you’re sending from.

Perhaps others may have additional suggestions?

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, thanks. I was thinking I should just send it registered mail. Hurry up and wait lol.

The emerald is small and expensive. (Not high dollar but price per carat).

Same address I presume?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yes, should be the same address. Insuring over the $100 that’s assigned with all registered mailings will require them to sign for it.

And I hear you on cost of emeralds! But they’re sooo gorgeous. :love: Looking forward to seeing your pendant when it’s done!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stonewell I just hit on this thread again your pieces are all so nice :love: just wondering about the diamond ring I was thinking of something similar for my pointer finger. Can you tell me some more about it or point me in the direction of a smtb thread? :think:

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stonewell I just hit on this thread again your pieces are all so nice :love: just wondering about the diamond ring I was thinking of something similar for my pointer finger. Can you tell me some more about it or point me in the direction of a smtb thread? :think:

You’re so kind, thank you. =)2 I haven’t posted it yet since it’s still in queue at DKs. The delay is my doing because I chose to prioritize 3-4 other projects ahead of it. Amy did confirm they went ahead and set the diamond this week, so I think the engraving is all that’s left. I’ll check on it when visit in a couple of weeks and definitely post it here.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I suppose I should update with a few other items I received recently...

Here are a couple new studs I’ve added to the rainbow collection I’m working on
6B7BD232-882B-40B4-A5A5-10F7580024E1.jpeg 50441CC5-5A87-41BD-9DB4-96C94C762A4D.jpeg

And, I’m also making a series of bezel stackers. One is with the gorgeous black opal I acquired from @yssie; the other is a small champagne OEC

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am also excited to share that my blue sapphire ring is finally done! :appl:

I ended up requesting some additional changes to the design - the prongs were reworked and I had the back of the ring engraved to make the piece look move cohesive. Here she is....

DDEAD876-0778-40CD-9B30-5F383BEA9CB4.jpeg 054DBFC2-45FF-448D-B764-ED8C3D7A6492.jpeg 4A685395-447D-43AA-AED5-D9910A9C99F8.jpeg F8F90DF7-E0A0-4606-865B-D51E1B22C489.jpeg

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I ended up requesting some additional changes to the design - the prongs were reworked and I had the back of the ring engraved to make the piece look move cohesive. Here she is....

DDEAD876-0778-40CD-9B30-5F383BEA9CB4.jpeg 054DBFC2-45FF-448D-B764-ED8C3D7A6492.jpeg 4A685395-447D-43AA-AED5-D9910A9C99F8.jpeg F8F90DF7-E0A0-4606-865B-D51E1B22C489.jpeg
Drop dead gorgeous.
I particularly love how the band and the diamonds are so subtle because that sapphire is the “star act”.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Perfection. :appl:

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Where did you purchase that sapphire? it is a knock out! especially in that yellow gold! cant wait for more handshots.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW the collection you have been creating is just stunning.

I really like the small bezel stackers and would love more information on them. Will you wear them in place of a right hand ring?

The sapphire is AMAZING. Congrats!!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new pieces that sapphire is stunning and what an amazing setting! I meant the diamond ring from earlier in the thread?!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh @stonewell!! These are gorgeous! That sapphire came out beautifully! And I love your stackers.

Could we get some hand shots pls? (You have gorgeous hands for modeling rings!)

And your earrings are adorable; are you planning jackets or anything similar?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Drop dead gorgeous.
I particularly love how the band and the diamonds are so subtle because that sapphire is the “star act”.

I know I’ve expressed this in my other thread in the CS forum, but I want you to know how grateful I am for your feedback! I’ve long swooned over your collection so to know it passes muster with you leaves me thrilled. =)2

Perfection. :appl:
Thanks so much! DK has such a knack for taking the good and making it great. He, Amy and their fabulous bench have been producing such amazing and gorgeous pieces.

Where did you purchase that sapphire? it is a knock out! especially in that yellow gold! cant wait for more handshots.

I had attended JCK and sourced a wholesaler that’s based in NYC. I asked DK to help as my intermediary to facilitate the purchase. David has other sources too, so I wouldn’t hesitate to reach out to him if you’re searching for one.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
WOW the collection you have been creating is just stunning.

I really like the small bezel stackers and would love more information on them. Will you wear them in place of a right hand ring?

The sapphire is AMAZING. Congrats!!

Thank you! I have been gathering several small gems from various gem shows, ebay, IG and Loupetroop. The thought is to make rhr stackers with them to mix and match - I’ve discovered I love variety. :mrgreen2: Amy has a few bezel style CADs on file already, so I’m sure she can send you some to consider.

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Beautiful new pieces that sapphire is stunning and what an amazing setting! I meant the diamond ring from earlier in the thread?!

Sorry, I misunderstood! Are you referring to the OEC in the bezel setting? If so, that was a preloved ring I had purchased from a fabulous PSer... actually it was one of my first purchases from LT! I didn’t create a SMTB for it though. Perhaps @Wewechew did when she originally had it?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh @stonewell!! These are gorgeous! That sapphire came out beautifully! And I love your stackers.

Could we get some hand shots pls? (You have gorgeous hands for modeling rings!)

And your earrings are adorable; are you planning jackets or anything similar?

Thanks, @mrs-b, I’m over the moon with how it turned out! I was so disappointed when I had missed out on the stone you showed me, but it worked out in the end. Whew!

I do *need* some jackets for the growing stud collection. I’m debating whether to order some from IDJ or just have DK make them. My only hesitation has been what size to get. The studs range from 3.2mm to 4mm+. I don’t mind some airline showing, but don’t want them to look completely “off” either. I figure I’ll sort that out after DK finishes my omc/ruby halo ring.

And... hand shots of the sapphire to follow. =)2

Wewechew

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, I misunderstood! Are you referring to the OEC in the bezel setting? If so, that was a preloved ring I had purchased from a fabulous PSer... actually it was one of my first purchases from LT! I didn’t create a SMTB for it though. Perhaps @Wewechew did when she originally had it?
I was not an active PSer when I had it made, so no SMTB thread. You should do it now!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thought I’d show some from varying lighting

Indoors

ABAD4C36-E21C-483B-AB89-E6C1707C60E6.jpeg 4D385696-FE9C-4525-8A29-F085C8AE0E0C.jpeg

Outdoors

660029FF-1AC8-4F43-B711-103A9780691F.jpeg 6B386C95-9C03-41D5-BA0D-228C095BD0EA.jpeg

In the shade

E9BED2FA-F3AB-4F7D-80C5-47728659AEC9.jpeg

And sparkle shots! :cool2:

282EBCAB-8A67-4550-9F15-4E0453C07E72.jpeg 44863FD7-D67E-4889-80C7-553541E121CB.jpeg

Good lord, you have beautiful hands, girl!

meely

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That's the one I meant it's lovely :love: What are the diamond stats?

stonewell

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good lord, you have beautiful hands, girl!

Thanks so much! I’ve got a bad case of the summer swells due to the heat here atm, so this is a huge compliment on so many levels. :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results