shape
carat
color
clarity

Latest acquisitions :)

bling_prism

Rough_Rock
Oh my Katharath, that's alot of eye candies you have recently acquired! I can look at them all day long if it were me lol!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great new acquisitions. The vibrant colours make me happy 8-)

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:love: :love: :love: LOVE! :love: :love: :love:

Will you be selling the small round spinel??? :naughty:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
mochiko42|1431418508|3875394 said:
katharath said:
mochiko42|1431386136|3875254 said:
Ooooh pretties! Katharath, you always find such colorful gems. I always get cheered up by looking at your bright and beautiful jewelry pieces [emoji7]. That Mahenge is gorgeous!! I regret a bit not buying a gorgeous cushion cut Mahenge from Julia last year, but c'est la vie.
PS I vote bypass ring, or mismatched bangle for the two sapphires. [emoji6]

Julia has this mahenge ring available in her store that I like too - if it wasn't set in WG, I probably would've gone for it. She has great gems...

I like that 3-stone ring she has up better, in rose gold. I'm not a fan of this ring design and I don't wear white gold due to nickel allergies. Most importantly, I don't have a spare $6k in loose change down the back of my sofa!! [emoji6] what an amazing Mahenge, though. Mmmm...

Yes, the reason I like the white gold solitaire ring is bc the mahenge looks amazing! But the three stone is much more to my personal preferences as far as gold color, etc.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Lovinggems -thank you, and I'm seriously considering the bangle idea!

Missy - I hope you get your own sapphire earrings soon, and thanks for the nice comments :)

Bailey - thank you, I definitely went a bit sapphire crazy, lol. My favorite gems are spinels, sapphires, and garnets.

TL - thanks very much :). I've read that advice several times here over the years re:gem holders, and I know a lot of collectors don't like them. Using them is just a personal preference for me, and I'm always extremely careful when I use them, so as not to damage or lose stones.

Bling prism - I do enjoy taking them out and viewing them quite a bit :). Glad you liked the pics!

Acinom - glad you like the colors, they make me happy too :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1431434016|3875444 said:
All gorgeous!! I also don't mind a bit of orange. :)

It's funny, if those Dana sapphs are the ones I'm thinking of, I eyed them both often! We have pretty similar taste. They are really lovely.

Nice choices all around! Oh, and I love the tulip setting.

The Dana sapphires probably are the ones you're thinking of - I had been eyeing them for months too, lol.

I actually do think we have similar tastes, and that's probably in part bc I admire your taste in collecting very much. Your collection was a big inspiration to me when I first got started! I remember seeing your posts and always thinking, wow, I wish I had gems like her!

And I'm so glad you like the setting too, I wanted to hear some feedback on that as well.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
ecf8503|1431449631|3875558 said:
:love: :love: :love: LOVE! :love: :love: :love:

Will you be selling the small round spinel??? :naughty:

Lol! Thanks :). And thanks for asking about my little round, I love that gem!

I have no plans to sell it. I know it's not the star of these pics, so it may be hard to tell, but it's amazing! Jaimeen said it's one of the most saturated smaller spinels he's ever seen. I bought it from Yvonne, and I know she was on the fence about offering it for sale, she even told me that I better never sell that one, lol. It's the purest deeply saturated pink that I've ever personally seen, and even though it's smaller at 5.3 mm, it's big enough for me. It's one of my favorite gems that I've ever owned. It's probably kind of weird that I haven't set it yet, as I've had it for awhile - but I love it so much that I want to do something special for it, and I keep changing my mind about what I want to do with it :)

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH MY GOD AMAZEBALLS

WHAT BEAUTIES!!!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
distracts|1431557992|3876282 said:
OH MY GOD AMAZEBALLS

WHAT BEAUTIES!!!!

Ha!! I love your enthusiasm! Thank you :)

Is that a sapphire or maybe a spinel in your avatar ring? It's so beautiful!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mmm Katharath, along with a couple other people i always perk up and follow if you post something! I love your taste in both gemstones and settings! Are you sure we weren't separated at birth?

I agree with you, much harder to find the nicely cut round stones for colored stones, but sometimes worth the wait! :appl: Classic pieces.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
part gypsy|1431573993|3876448 said:
mmm Katharath, along with a couple other people i always perk up and follow if you post something! I love your taste in both gemstones and settings! Are you sure we weren't separated at birth?

I agree with you, much harder to find the nicely cut round stones for colored stones, but sometimes worth the wait! :appl: Classic pieces.

You are so funny, thank you so much!! Feels really great to get approval from the PS members I respect so much :)

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
katharath|1431452839|3875599 said:

It's funny, if those Dana sapphs are the ones I'm thinking of, I eyed them both often! We have pretty similar taste. They are really lovely.

The Dana sapphires probably are the ones you're thinking of - I had been eyeing them for months too, lol.

I actually do think we have similar tastes, and that's probably in part bc I admire your taste in collecting very much. Your collection was a big inspiration to me when I first got started! I remember seeing your posts and always thinking, wow, I wish I had gems like her!

And I'm so glad you like the setting too, I wanted to hear some feedback on that as well.

Awwww, shucks... Thanks! (Insert blushing smily face).

Those sapphs definitely look nice together. Are you talking about Grace's bangles? I'm getting a Dana light pink garnet set in a rose gold one. Hoping to pick it up in Vegas! :)

Xrisus

Shiny_Rock
What a great find, I bet the stone looks even better in person. You can probably see it from across the room! I hope to see pictures of it after it is set.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
NKOTB|1431647730|3876889 said:
katharath|1431452839|3875599 said:

Awwww, shucks... Thanks! (Insert blushing smily face).

Those sapphs definitely look nice together. Are you talking about Grace's bangles? I'm getting a Dana light pink garnet set in a rose gold one. Hoping to pick it up in Vegas! :)

I hadn't thought to specifically do a Grace bangle, but that general style, yes. I'm not sure though, I still might prefer a bypass ring. I just don't know. Sometimes I "live" with my loose gems for 1-2 years before I set them, and I have a few in line for setting ahead of these.

I would love to see pics of your bangle though!! It sounds beautiful...

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Xrisus|1431781122|3877421 said:
What a great find, I bet the stone looks even better in person. You can probably see it from across the room! I hope to see pictures of it after it is set.

Thank you so much - I greatly admire your mahenge collection!! I will definitely post pics after setting :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You pick such lovely colored stone! They are all so pretty!

shulaibaoma

Shiny_Rock
The spinel is unbelievable !

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Thank you tyty and shulaibaoma! I have to admit that I take out my spinel to look at every day - I really cannot wait for the setting to be ready!!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Update on the mahenge spinel ring. I mailed the gem back to JuliaB last week for setting, after she told me that the mount was ready. She messaged me today that the ring is ready, and I have a video of it. The vid shows a top view only, so here are a couple of side pics of the mount. I am so freaking excited to see it in person and get to wear it...I will take pics when I receive it, but in the meantime here's a link to Julia's video. I just had to share bc I'm ridiculously excited :)

Link to Instagram vid:

https://instagram.com/p/3XMP6kl2MA/

I mentioned all of the stats up thread, but here it is again:

Setting is 18k YG "Tulip" mount, gem and setting sourced/made by JuliaBJewelry. 7 mm mahenge, 1.58 cts.

Pics one and two taken by Julia, of my actual mount, (pic 2 is with the gem sitting inside unmounted). Pic 3 is a stock photo of the side view.

_30226.jpg

_30227.jpg

_30430.jpg

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so JEALOUS :love: a ring like that would even get me to break my pink stone ban :angel: Congratulations!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
lilmosun|1433115926|3883447 said:
I am so JEALOUS :love: a ring like that would even get me to break my pink stone ban :angel: Congratulations!

Thank you very much! Funny thing is that I never looked twice at pink/red stones until I saw my first mahenge in person...then I was hooked, lol.

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW! Love the setting (and the stone!) - nice!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh you need to hurry up and get your hands on that gorgeous bad girl! She is a beauty and that will make for a gorgeous ring.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Thank you Minous and ecf8503! I really can't wait to wear her :). The ring should be shipping by tomorrow overnight, so hopefully I'll have it in hand by Wednesday...I'll post a million pics then ;-)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Oh and Minous - I tried to contact you via LT about mint garnets - I'm worried that LT is losing messages again bc I've sent a couple lately and no replies!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous ring! Both the setting and stone are amazing :love: :love: :love:
Happy waiting :wavey:

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous and beautiful! Wear your ring in good health.

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
What a beautiful ring! Congratulations! More photos please.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!! More photos will be coming soon, I promise... Ring should be here today (fingers crossed!)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Just have time for a few pics for now, but it looks great and I'm really thrilled to get to wear it. Shown here with a couple of bands.

_30780.jpg

_30781.jpg

_30782.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results