shape
carat
color
clarity

Last stone for a while - I swear

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
So this is why we need Gemstones Anonymous...

I saw a new stone on Barry''s site this morning and loved it. Even posted it as a suggestion for someone. 15 minutes pass and I''m still thinking about it. Email Barry some questions. Drive to work. Get email from Barry. Really want stone. Get news I get a small bonus. Figure it is enough to pay off our new lawn we are getting installed plus the sunny stone that seems to be calling me. Email Barry. Order stone. And swear I will not buy gemstones for a long time AFTER this one. Post to PS friends the news and announce the stone. AND swear to myself again that I will not buy gemstones for a long time...

Presenting my new sunny stone!
30.gif

Per Barry:
CB-6109 Chrysoberyl(J) 2.01 cts, 7.2m round brilliant[Gec]. Chrysoberyl is a very underrated gemstone, especially when it has a bright yellow color like this stone. It is extremely hard and bright. Flawless at 10x, this chrysoberyl comes from Tanzania. BB

He says it is twice as yellow as the picture shows and of medium intensity. He also added that he needs a new camera to help him photograph yellow. I think I can safely say I''ve helped fund a portion of one!

cb-6109g_305_general.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
OH thank goodness! Someone else bought it!
36.gif
I''ve been checking out that stone since last night!
30.gif

Sign me up for GA! The stone Ryon posted from Barry, well, it''s taking quite a bit of restraint not to email Barry asking if he has another one just like it. Turns out that my email that I sent to Gene was sitting in his spam folder so he didn''t get it until this past weekend.
6.gif
He accepted both of my offers. I went from having one gemstone to 9 in just over a month + a pair of earrings from Barry''s site.
11.gif
I must stop! I''m making DH''s guitar hobby look cheap!
32.gif

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
So pretty! I just love chrysoberyls! And do you have plans for that beauty?

And while you go to gemstones anonymous, Barry needs to go to "Dealing With Slow Jewelers 101" class. I emailed him pictures of my eternity band to show him what I did with the sapphires and he told me his jeweler woes. Apparently he sent two of his stones to be set in NOVEMBER! and he still hasn''t received his pieces back yet.

akmiss

Brilliant_Rock
I love the sunny yellow! Can''t wait to see some pics
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
what a great stone,, I love yellow, and I can''t wait to see IRL...

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Ooh -- I can''t wait til you get it. As the owner of one of Barry''s chrysoberyls, I can honestly say that I think you will LOVE the stone. I know that I adore mine -- it''s fun to look at how the color shifts in certain lights, and it is just an all around interesting stone. Congrats on getting it!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock

brandy - Thanks! I figured someone else was considering it as well and I didn''t want to have any regrets. I bought it! What stones did you get from Gene? I can''t wait to see them!

Kismet – Thanks! I think I’m going to like this stone A LOT. I absolutely love James Meyer’s work and I think this may be an awesome stone to send him. It will take me some time to save up the money, though. The reason I need to stop buying stones!

Akmiss – Thanks! He says it is even more yellow than the photo! YIPPEE!!

D&T - I have been drooling over yellow ever since Arjunajane got her oval beryl! Thanks! It''s going to be yummy!
Stacy – Thanks! Where are more photos of your awesome chrysoberyl? I see it in your avatar and it is gorgeous! Tell me more about this color shift thing!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you post lots of pictures when you get it!
9.gif
How are you going to set it? Any plans yet?

I got Gem 141 - Purple Red Sapphire, she kept calling to me for some reason, and Gem 298 - Pink Spinel. I had convinced myself I couldn''t live without that spinel and was pretty bummed when I didn''t hear back. In fact, that''s what brought on the vallejo buying spree.
2.gif
I thought for sure someone else had gotten it and that my offer was too low. I''ve been repeatedly going back to that stone since I first saw Gene''s site.
18.gif
I will probably post more pictures of it than anyone will care to see.

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 2:13:11 PM
Author: brandy_z28
36.gif
30.gif

Sign me up for GA! The stone Ryon posted from Barry, well, it''s taking quite a bit of restraint not to email Barry asking if he has another one just like it. Turns out that my email that I sent to Gene was sitting in his spam folder so he didn''t get it until this past weekend.
6.gif
He accepted both of my offers. I went from having one gemstone to 9 in just over a month + a pair of earrings from Barry''s site.
11.gif
32.gif
Is this Gene from PrecisionGem? You can make offers on his gemstones?!

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:47:47 PM
9.gif

I got Gem 141 - Purple Red Sapphire, she kept calling to me for some reason, and Gem 298 - Pink Spinel. I had convinced myself I couldn''t live without that spinel and was pretty bummed when I didn''t hear back. In fact, that''s what brought on the vallejo buying spree.
2.gif
I thought for sure someone else had gotten it and that my offer was too low. I''ve been repeatedly going back to that stone since I first saw Gene''s site.
18.gif
Those are both lovely, as well as the new chrysoberyl from Barry!!! Lots of pics please :)

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:54:41 PM
Author: cellentani

Date: 5/27/2009 2:13:11 PM
36.gif
30.gif

6.gif
11.gif
32.gif
Is this Gene from PrecisionGem? You can make offers on his gemstones?!
cellentani, For the month of May, Gene is taking offers on any stone with an ID of 600 or lower. Some of the stones that have been sitting in his site for awhile. Several people have gotten some awesome stones from him. See his website for details on it.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 3:59:54 PM
Author: stepcutnut

9.gif

2.gif
18.gif
Those are both lovely, as well as the new chrysoberyl from Barry!!! Lots of pics please :)
THANKS! I will be posting lots of photos! I am going out of town this weekend, so I won''t have a chance to see the stone until next Monday.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry cinnamon end threadjack.

I''m super excited about your new stone.
1.gif
I was picturing it in my head in a yellow gold semi-bezel with a thin shank, almost like a stacker.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

2.gif
18.gif
Will do! I would LOVE to have a James Meyer setting, but may need to set my sights lower. Or I could just hang onto it and set it with Jim when money permits. I''m also working with an Etsy seller on another project, so depending on how that turns out, I may be sending him some more stuff.

I love the pink spinel. I have looked at it often myself! Congrats! I hope you like them!

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:12:56 PM

1.gif
I was picturing it in my head in a yellow gold semi-bezel with a thin shank, almost like a stacker.
No sorry necessary! I love to read about everyone''s pretties! And it seems you and I are on the same streak. My gem collecting sadly has come to a halt so I am happy to hear about your stones! I have 4 stones coming including the two from vallejo916 and the 2 from Barry, so that is enough for now. One stone at the jewelers from Gene that just got set in a pendant. And two from Barry at my etsy designer being made into the Miami Dolphins ring.

And I do love your semi-bezel idea. I may have to share the idea with my etsy desinger.

Have you looked at those James Meyer settings? They are surprisingly more affordable than I thought. Out of my budget right now, but very beautiful.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:21:24 PM
Author: cinnamon013

Date: 5/27/2009 4:12:56 PM

1.gif
No sorry necessary! I love to read about everyone''s pretties! And it seems you and I are on the same streak. My gem collecting sadly has come to a halt so I am happy to hear about your stones! I have 4 stones coming including the two from vallejo916 and the 2 from Barry, so that is enough for now. One stone at the jewelers from Gene that just got set in a pendant. And two from Barry at my etsy designer being made into the Miami Dolphins ring.

And I do love your semi-bezel idea. I may have to share the idea with my etsy desinger.

Have you looked at those James Meyer settings? They are surprisingly more affordable than I thought. Out of my budget right now, but very beautiful.
I can''t wait to see pics of your completed Miami Dolphins ring project.
36.gif
Which stone did you get set into the pendant? Did I miss that thread?

I have looked at the JM settings but can''t seem to stop buying gemstones long enough to afford one. Maybe that''ll be the new obsession. Deciding on settings for all of the new pretties. I''m mullling over doing stackers for most of the new stones but I don''t have a halo ring yet, gasp! Maybe I can halo the new trillion spinel? I don''t recall seeing too many of those but LOGR does make one.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! I think we all tell ourselves it is our last stone/ jewelry purchase for awhile.... well, er... that is at least what my husband says!!
3.gif

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 4:56:11 PM
I can''t wait to see pics of your completed Miami Dolphins ring project.
36.gif
Which stone did you get set into the pendant? Did I miss that thread?

I have looked at the JM settings but can''t seem to stop buying gemstones long enough to afford one. Maybe that''ll be the new obsession. Deciding on settings for all of the new pretties. I''m mullling over doing stackers for most of the new stones but I don''t have a halo ring yet, gasp! Maybe I can halo the new trillion spinel? I don''t recall seeing too many of those but LOGR does make one.
It is the stone in my avatar. I got it back in February for my birthday. Here is the thread http://www.stuller.com/products/product.aspx?s=1917

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 5:25:14 PM
Author: cushioncutnut
Very pretty! I think we all tell ourselves it is our last stone/ jewelry purchase for awhile.... well, er... that is at least what my husband says!!
3.gif
Thanks!
Definitely last stone - now I can scheme about settings!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/27/2009 5:34:06 PM

Date: 5/27/2009 5:25:14 PM
3.gif
Thanks!

Absolutely! It is so fun to find a setting for a gemstone!! Do you have something special in mind?

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 5:37:18 PM

Date: 5/27/2009 5:34:06 PM

Thanks!

Absolutely! It is so fun to find a setting for a gemstone!! Do you have something special in mind?
I''ll need to see it first! If money were no object, it would go to James Meyer immediately. I do envision a bezel solitaire, so maybe I''ll do a less expensive version.

I also have my HUGE pink to peachy pink tourmaline coming from Barry, and it might be higher on the list to set!! It is an awesome stone!!
30.gif
30.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
That pendant setting is different, I like it! Hope you can find time to go pick it up soon.

I saw your peachy pink and uh huh that''s going to be a beauty!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/27/2009 2:00:41 PM
Author:cinnamon013
So this is why we need Gemstones Anonymous...
!
We''ve heard that one before- you''ll be buying another before you know it
3.gif
3.gif

It looks lovely though! Chyrysoberyl is definitely on my list. When do we get more photos??
36.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I thought about buying that stone for a while too but had to control myself. Way too many stones lately!

I think it''s beautiful and can''t wait to see it.

I was also going to buy the purple spinel yesterday but I resisted after talking to Barry. We are OBSESSED!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. (And I say that all the time too - last stone for a while - I swear
9.gif
)

Colored Gemstone Nut

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gemstones Anonymous? Lol...

I know what you guys mean...I went from having 1,2,5,10....well I''ll leave it at ten but I have more...

I like Barry''s Garnets and Gene''s tourmalines...

We only once...so why not indulge....

Nice rings Kismet...
9.gif

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Really nice stone, congratulations on getting another lovely gem.

Gemstones anonymous...what's the criteria for joining?
11.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Last stone for a while" - Ha, that''s what we all say.
11.gif

Congrats on your purchase, can''t wait to see pics!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it depends on the definition of what a while is. One day?
11.gif
See, one day is doable.
9.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that yellow looks very nice, and of course I know the cut is great! Hope you love it when you get it. And please try to capture the color in your photos.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results