shape
carat
color
clarity

LAST REQUEST, I promise! A NEW stone to consider!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
JQ,
Actually from what I've read, you are right about the ISEE2. I apologize if part of what I said might have been erroneous. My main point was that even if some of their stones had been tested, it doesn't mean they will all get the same results. So, whether or not some of them have been tested or not, is irrelavent to the evaluation of any particular stone.

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
blockquote>

----------------
On 5/23/2004 10:43:46 AM Wink wrote:

I too would like clarification on the ISEE2. My understanding is that this is a proprietary machine that is only provided by the vendor of the machine to clients who buy sufficient quantities of diamonds from him to warrant letting the client. Thus it is only available to a few vendors who are selling that manufactures diamonds.

This is what I have been told, but I have not been able to verify so I would welcome comments.

Wink
----------------

This is correct Wink and also why I approached the technology with an extremely skeptical eye. Companies that make black boxes produced by the manufacturer of those products should always be approached with a very high degree of skepticism. Frankly when I went to review the technology I was prepared to write a review that punched holes in it. It is not my intent to put anyone on the spot but if gemological information is going to be shared with anyone regarding the various optical technologies let it be true and not assumption. I am only beginning to learn the nuances that affect it's results and would never presume to know the results of any given stone unless I have worked with and know and am familiar with all facet details on any given stone. One thing I have definetely learned is that you can not predict it's results with an IS or H&A image.

Magnum

Shiny_Rock
JQ,
Thanks, I don't think I am either
2.gif
, and I definitely wasn't implying that's what you thought. I was just trying to bring a little humor to the discussion with a little self-effacing humor and a play on the word AssUMe.
9.gif
And i definitely agree that vendors should not give out missinformation. Trust is one of the most important factors in internet diamond sales, and in my opinion, we at pricescope have been very lucky to have vendors participate here that for the most part are very trustworthy. I personally like to give people the benefit of the doubt, so hopefully there's an explanation or a misunderstanding, but who knows.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Yikes, I feel like I have opened a can of worms... and that was never my intent.
sad.gif
I went back to the original note from the vendor, re-read it, and will copy and paste it below:

In regards to the BrillianceScope and ISee2 readings.....Unfortunately we are not able to perform these tests on all of our stones. I can however tell you that our stones that have been tested have all come back with 'high' to 'very high' Brilliance Scope readings and 9+ readings on the ISee2. Because all of our stones are H&A Triple Ideal cut they all perform very well. Not having these machines is one of the ways we keep our prices competitive

I realize now that she isn't saying that "ALL of her stones have been tested". She is saying that "of ALL of them that HAVE been tested..." And there is a huge difference there.

The vendor has only been wonderful, extremely helpful and never "pushy" at all. I have total confidence in them, and never meant to do or say anything that would imply anything negative.

I am so sorry for any miscommunication on my part.
8.gif
Please forgive.

Lynn

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Lynn, it sounds like your jeweler is a jewel himself! How nice to have someone like that to work with. We can't wait to see what you end up with.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Applause for your Jeweler! It is so refreshing when a B&M store stands up and competes and then accepts the decision graciously, which ever way it goes. It has obviously earned him your respect and at least a peice of your business.

So many just whine and complain about the unfair competition. Tell your jeweler that if he ever meets Wink Jones at a trade show that I will be honored to buy him a drink!

Wink

Rank Amateur

Brilliant_Rock
"Those jewelers...who try to sell you an ideal cut with a GIA report, are relying on your lack of knowledge."

Seems a rather harsh statement.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/24/2004 9:08:18 PM Wink wrote:

Applause for your Jeweler! It is so refreshing when a B&M store stands up and competes and then accepts the decision graciously, which ever way it goes. It has obviously earned him your respect and at least a peice of your business.

So many just whine and complain about the unfair competition. Tell your jeweler that if he ever meets Wink Jones at a trade show that I will be honored to buy him a drink!

Wink----------------

Awwww, Wink, your post made me smile.
2.gif
I will definitely relay your message. I just got done baking a double batch of Kahlua Mocha Brownies to take to him tomorrow. I ALWAYS take him something!
1.gif

Lynn

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope the poor guy will not have to cope with too many lost sales like this
sad.gif
Sounds scarry - maybe he's so relaxed knowing that his own business will go online shortly ???

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I am not sure exactly what you mean by your statement, but here is my take.

My local business is stronger since I picked up a web presence. I am not afraid to compete with the web dealers and do it primarily by buying well to sell well. I do not drop ship stones I have never seen, which does cost a few dollars more, but engenders trust with my clients, both on and off the web. Plus I carry the incredible stones of Paul Antwerp, which are also priced very fairly.

I tell my local clients where to see my site and I sent them both emails and letters, it works very well. My local clients are quite happy to pay me a few dollars more than someone they do not know or trust on the net and in the rare cases where they buy from a net vendor I make them feel good about their purchase, provided of course that they did not get hosed, and in those cases I help them get their money back, and make them feel good about having the intelligence to double check to make sure their purchase was what it was supposed to be. I am pleased to admit that in the majority of cases the stones are fairly represented when purchased from reputable web vendors. (Rarely are ebay deals "deals".)

I am very pleased for Lynn's jeweler that he seems to be doing the same thing and I am crossing my fingers for him that his stone kicks butt, but am proud of him for competing and making Lynn feel good about her choice which ever way she goes. That shows to me that he has a good head on his shoulders and that he has nothing to fear from the internet.

Wink

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/24/2004 10:19:00 PM Lynn B wrote:

----------------
On 5/24/2004 9:08:18 PM Wink wrote:

Applause for your Jeweler!

Wink----------------

I agree. Seems counter-productive to just whine. And, what is unfair about competition? Without it, one can become very complacent.

Awwww, Wink, your post made me smile.
2.gif
I will definitely relay your message. I just got done baking a double batch of Kahlua Mocha Brownies to take to him tomorrow. I ALWAYS take him something!
1.gif

Lynn
----------------

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
WOO HOO, the ring is finished, and the stone is set!
2.gif
1.gif

Please see the following post...
9.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/the-search-is-over-the-stone-is-set.15875/

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results