shape
carat
color
clarity

Laser Inscription lacking on GIA Cert

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

phade

Rough_Rock
I''m looking at some stones online from PS vendors, and some GIA Certs do not indicate a laser etched number. I''m worried about getting the stone on the cert. I wish to have a stone set locally due to a particular setting choice, and am worried about shenanigans.

What''s the reality of that? Am I just thinking crazy?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
It will just mean the inscription has been placed on after the diamond was certed, mine is like that ;-).

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/5/2009 9:53:34 AM
Author: Deelight
It will just mean the inscription has been placed on after the diamond was certed, mine is like that ;-).
Ditto. Also most jewellers are very reputable and work hard to keep a good reputation, so I wouldn''t worry too much - trust but verify. If your diamond does not have an inscription then according to the clarity grade you might be able to find a small inclusion which is easily seen under 10X, that way you can identify your diamond yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results