shape
carat
color
clarity

Laser Grooves?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

set2374

Rough_Rock
I was looking a stone today that seemed lovely. I noticed that the GIA report has a comment which says, Laser grooves and surface graining not shown. I am not sure what "laser grooves" are. I am assuming this means that the diamond was cut using a laser and "laser grooves" are the marks left during the cutting processed as opposed to laser drill wholes which would mean the diamond was enhanced. Can someone tell me if my guess is correct or whether this stone should be discarded out of hand??? Thanks!

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
You''d be right. The comment refers to evidence of the laser markings remaining on the girdle. They look like white squiggly lines. These shouldn''t deter you from considering a diamond. It''s usually a very minor thing.

mkb

Rough_Rock
Could you plse tell where these ''laser grooves'' are situated.
It would surprise me if the cutter left this in a polished facet (they have a loupe too).
the girdle perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results