shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies waiting for proposal by Year end..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I''d start a fun thread for the ladies waiting, praying, hoping (even if it''s just a slim possibility!) for a proposal by year end! Some of us had set 2006 as the year it should happen (and let our bf''s know it) and some of us just love the idea of a holiday proposal! In any case, it''s now down to 6 wks, so let''s use this forum to get through it, by venting, sharing stresses, glees, giddiness, clues discovered, annoyances that it wasn''t this wkend...whatever! It helps the time pass, and helps release some of the "anxiety" (whether good or bad) and might prevent us from asking our bf''s badly timed questions (I''m not advocating not talking openly to our bf''s, but if they''re planning something, we all know having constant talks about what''s going on can backfire).
So go ahead, post your story (some of them we already know well!) or just come here to vent!
The list of ladies I know of (and I know there are many more) are: ME, Mandarine, therightstuff, impatientone and dixie94 I think. I''m not much of a list keeper as you can tell..so jump in!
Here''s to the next 6 wks and seeing all of us off this list already, and if nothing else, here''s to the shared camaraderie!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
me, me, me!!!
35.gif
35.gif
35.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m not really praying and hoping...just excited because I think it''s so close now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I can''t believe 2006 is almost gone!!!!!!!. It seems like yesterday me and my BF discussed 2006 as our "timeline"!. Time really does fly! It''s been a tough year (for other reasons) so I can''t think of a better way to end it!!!
9.gif
. I think it will happen either at the end of the year or the beginning of 2007...either way, I can''t wait.... I''m just so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So here is to all of you ladies!!!
emcocktl.gif

Hoping for some wonderful proposal stories and just wishing everyone a Happy Holiday season!!!!!!!!!!
face23.gif

M~

always.waiting

Rough_Rock
i''m still waiting too. if it doesn''t happen by year-end, i think things will have to end. I''ve found plenty of diamond cards lying around (we live in a small apt) so he''s working on something, but i''m a little perplexed by why it is taking so long. In any case, my new job and accompanying stresses haven''t given me any time to think much about this. december will be extremely busy for me with work and corporate holiday obligations so not sure when there''ll be time for anything. anyway, just popping in to say i''m still waiting, and i hope it''s soon for me and others.

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
I'll start!!! My bf and I have been talking marriage since August. Back then he said he wanted to propose "soon" so you all know what that does to a girl, lol!!! I have been on pins and needles and as you can see by my screen name, I am truly impatient.

My bf is leaving for Iraq most likely in June, so we will be married sometime before then. We had another marriage talk the other night but he is being super secretive about when he will actually propose! But, the good news is, we did go pick out the setting the other day (purchased it) and several center stones have been ordered for me to review and chose one
emteeth.gif
They should arrive today or tomorrow (possibly Friday). I am thrilled with the setting. It's 18k white gold, 1.65 carats between the two bands. The e-ring has six prong set diamonds surrounding the center stone and the wedding band has seven prong set diamonds. It is beautiful and looks similar to this but with two additional stones on each ring and the head is six prongs:

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?oid=5429&page=1&show_all_pages=1&col=2&row=11&pos=32&set_shape=

We're looking for a 1.5 - 1.75 round brilliant to finish it off
3.gif

Expecting my proposal by the end of the year, but who knows!!! I can't stand the wait!!!

LauraLoo

Rough_Rock
Hi Ladies,
I am wishing, hoping, praying.....And it''s probably a slim possibility..And I''m trying not to set myself up for disappointment. Our five year anniversary is in less than 2 weeks. I just found out he is planning to take me somewhere for the weekend. That''s all I know....Its a surprise. I have no reason to think THISISIT though.... Except, the other day I was on the computer and I happen to notice that bluenile.com was recently visited. So I wanted to ask.... I am not super into jewelery and he definitly is not either...(in 5 years, he has given me a pair of earrings and a necklace....mall stuff) So I know they have other jewlery and stuff there, but I just can''t imagine he would be on that website just looking at regular jewelery...if anything at all.....What do you think?

It''s been FIVE years buddy!! Come on!

On a side note... We have 3 weddings next year between May and Sept...2 of which I am in (not to mention the people getting married haven''t been together anywhere near as long as we have).....I think I will die if I am not engaged by then.

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/21/2006 1:18:40 PM
Author: LauraLoo

On a side note... We have 3 weddings next year between May and Sept...2 of which I am in (not to mention the people getting married haven''t been together anywhere near as long as we have).....
Me too! Wierd!

I agree - BlueNile is definitely more likely engagement ring than anything else. Good luck!

Of course, in my wishful reality, I''d have a proposal by year end. But, reality says otherwise... so, good luck to everyone! I''m excited to see lots of proposal announcements in the coming weeks!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
LauraLoo - I the Blue Nile link means he is shopping for a ring!!!
36.gif

Cailet

Shiny_Rock
ooo - me!
We had discussed 2006 as our timeline - we''ve had a whole bunch of things come up in the last month that will continue till the end of the year (job, school and family stuff) so I''m 90% sure we will make it by the end of they year instead of the 100% sure that I would have responded a month or so ago - if some things don''t go as we are expecting it may push us back a month or two. Which I am totally fine with.
It would be awesome to be engaged in time for Christmas, but just looking at my schedule doesn''t leave a whole lot of time. Of course he is excellent at surprises so who knows!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
lauraloo- he''s taking you away for a surprise wkend AND he''s been checking bluenile? C''mon, the writing''s on the wall..I think you might be next!! lucky!!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m hoping... but our anniversary is January 21 so I think he''ll probably wait until then. That''s fine though, it''s not too far past 2006!!
36.gif

I''m keeping my fingers crossed for some Thanksgiving LIW proposals!!! It will be nice to see some more names crossed off the list... and of COURSE see some more gorgeous rings
30.gif
!

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
They better keep their butts in gear cuz their will be some ps''ers who would like to come after them...and i wanna take you all off the list!!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
ME ME ME!!!
35.gif
35.gif

I''m hoping/waiting/expecting/doubting it''ll happen by the end of the year. He told me in September it''d be within the next couple of months. He also asked my dad for his blessing in AUGUST. But, since I am not involved in the ring process at all then I have no more clues to go on so I don''t know if anything is happening of not.

Tomorrow''s my birthday. There has been no mention of us going out or any hint as to presents. I''m betting it''s not tomorrow, but hopefully by the end of the year!

Thanks for the thread!! Good luck to all of you!!!!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
righttime: wow, your bf really is being tightlipped, not even a mention of what''s planned for your b''day tomorrow and no dropped hints (intentionally or unintetionally)? i don''t know how you take it, i''d definitely explode and start asking all sorts of questions uncontrollably! well if he''s asked your dad for his blessing..hmm, there must be something coming. i wouldn''t count out your b''day.......you never know!! happy early b''day and update us tomorrow either way!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Janine...
BF is NOT usually this tight-lipped. In fact, last year he bought me a set of bowls a week or so before Christmas and was so excited he had to give them to me early! BOWLS! Now, I did get a beautiful pair of diamond earrings on Christmas though, but I think he bought those on Christmas Eve. He can''t hold out if he has a great gift. That''s why I''m sure he doesn''t have a ring yet. I know he couldn''t keep that a secret!

But I would think he would at least mention some PLANS for tomorrow..... hmmm

I''ll keep you all updated. Thanks for asking!!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
i got diamond earrings for xmas last year too! i was v. happy but at the same time i remember wondering back then if that meant a ring was awhile away (wouldn''t he save for that instead if it was around the corner?). Turns out I was right...a year has gone by so fast, it''s scary. i have no idea if my bf has asked my father though..at least you know that much!
crossing fingers that tomorrow is the day for you...

bestdeal

Rough_Rock
Hey,

I can definatly join in this line- i am hoping so much that my b-f proposes before the end of the year!!! We have been together now for 3 years living together for 2.5 years- things moved so quickly in the start it has given me unrealistic expectations that everything else will!! We are going to South Africa/ London/US for a holiday so i am truly hoping something will happen then! I worry though that he has no clue!! All his mates are total single party animals (in their mid 30''s) and he told me that this is who he is getting his advice from ARGH SCARY!! To rub my face in my ringless finger even more- four of my friends have been proposed to in the last 3 months and i have to be bridesmaides in all their weddings next year!! Even my best friend who had only been going out with her boyfriend of TWO weeks has got engaged!!!!! SO NOT FAIR!!

Here''s to Holidays being a great place to propose!
26.gif
and probably a very sad girl if nothing happens!!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone!
I am also one of those wishing and hoping that by the end of this year I have a fiance!
4.gif

MY boyfriend and I have been together 8 yrs, since we were 17 and 18. Getting married was never really a possibility until now because I was in grad school and we were both living at home. He recently bought his own place and we both have good, stable jobs. We started talking about marriage a few months into dating, I think we both knew we had found "the one" even way back then! The only thing that could be holding him back is money, being that he just blew most of his savings on the down payment for his apartment.
7.gif

Most of my friends are married, engaged or soon to be engaged, and they have all been dating their significant others much less time than we have. When we go to family functions (his family) they are always asking when we will get married, they love me and put TONS of pressure on him.
I really hope that it happens over the holidays. Thanksgiving is out because we will not be together during that time (both of us are spending it with our families). Christmas would be so nice, or New Years. My birthday is January 4 and that would be good too, although it seems so far away and I''ve waited far too long as is!
24.gif

Well, I am keeping my fingers crossed and not trying to get my hopes up at the same time in case it doesn''t happen. Good luck to all of us!!!!
1.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
I definitely expect a proposal by year''s end. The ring was finished at the end of October and my Dad has given him his blessing. I am pretty sure that he''s going to do it in Las Vegas on a trip he planned in early December. My Dad - who never really asks about anything - keeps aslking when we are going. And my Mom said that my BF told them when he was going to do it. Tomorrow marks the 8th year we have been together - so I know him pretty well and he is definitely up to something with this whole Vegas trip.

I was supposed to get it by the end of October but at the last minute he confessed how upset he was that I knew everything about it. I picked out the ring and approved the setting. I knew when he called my Dad and I knew when the ring was done that he was going to ask me. I''ve even seen the finished product on more than one occasion. So none of it was a surprise b/c I definitely knew what I wanted and he wanted me to be happy with what he got me. So when the end of Oct. came he said that he would give it to me then if I wanted it or if I didn''t mind he wanted some extra time to come up with a proposal. I''ve waited 8 years, so I figured why not. And I am glad that I did. I am looking forward to being surprised and am super excited about finally being engaged after all these years. Funny how 8 years go by so quickly until you finally order an engagement ring and have to wait for the proposal...then it''s torture
2.gif

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi tdidy and dmbgirl~ you guys have been waiting a long time, but sounds like it''s around the corner!! it''s fun hearing everyone''s story and that we have some similar feelings of impatience (after waiting years!).

i go through phases..often in just a matter of days, or even in the same day sometimes: i''m either non-chalant and happy to let it be, and other times i''m frustrated and want to ask him what''s the hold up? (I try to stop that urge). This holiday will be tough b/c i really hoped we''d be engaged for all the family stuff, but doesn''t appear to be the case
7.gif
. I just don''t understand why it''s taking so long!! I am so distracted at work thinkiing about this stuff (obviously, i''m posting here all the time).
I also have never been much of a ring person (other than wanting one) and unlike many here, have no involvement in the process (and my bf wants it that way and mentions nothing). So I am completely in the dark!! Luckily he is very aware of diamonds and knows what he''s doing. Lately, however, I''ve been browsing this site and have an idea of what I like (I''ve never had a clue for 30 yrs and now weeks before it may happen--and he may or may not have already bought the ring--I''ve suddenly found a preference?!). I think I want something classic (one round stone, top quality even if smaller in carats) with platinum band. Plain I know, but I have small hands and am conservative. I just wonder what he''ll get, whenever it happens, and how cool would it be if it was just as I hoped.
Anyway, enough of la-la land and dreamworld. I just hope I can contain myself over the 4 day wkend and not bring it up. It''s going to be TOUGH. Thanks for listening to my vent of the day. Feel free to vent too..

wortheverypenny

Rough_Rock
i feeeeelllll for everyone....after four years I would like to HOPE AND PRAY that it would come before the end of the year. HE KNOWS I think this is the most romantic time of the year but I really don''t think he''s even looked at any rings yet....realistically it''s probably 6 months out.......and I would rather him take his sweet time and get me something PERFECT than get something soon.....but I don''t wanna wait toooo long.

I am right there with ya''ll. :)

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so it''s NOT going to happen on my birthday! We went out to eat tonight at my favorite place, but no proposal. There''s still a lot of time left before the end of the year, though.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

berry922

Rough_Rock
It better happen by year end, or I might just go crazy! I know I sound nuts, but this has got to be the worst anxiety ever!!!
Yesterday at Thanksgiving I was asked about 6 times when it was going to happen!!! Needless to say the car ride home was not a pleasant one for my bf!!! I guess when it keeps being brought up, I tend to start to get angry with him! I know I shouldn't, but at this point I just can't help it!

Does this happen to anyone else??? Please tell me I am not the only psycho!

Wow tdiddy & DMBsGirl, 8yrs! I'm at just about 7! How much longer can they possibly make us wait???

Good Luck ladies, may all your wishes come true!!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Berry, you definitely are not alone. The wait is driving most of us nuts and it''s all I can think about! My bf and I went out this past Sunday and purchased the setting. The jeweler brought in 4 diamonds for me to the other day, so this afternoon I am taking the bf back to the jewelers to make the final selection on a stone.

So, I know it is coming soon, but it still drives me crazy to wait!!!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I think I''m feeling a little grumpy today b/c this is the 3rd weekend that one or both of us have been out of town. We have seen each other in between the weekends a few times but not much.
I would''ve loved to be engaged by now or tomorrow or in the next few weeks or sometime SOON!! I am going a little crazy w/the waiting and not really being free to talk about it. I don''t know if he''s planning, still not feeling ready to propose, saving, doing nothing or what. Not fun!!
I watched Real Weddings awhile ago and just wanted ME to be in that process.
7.gif
Feeling a little down right now about this whole thing.
What is the deal w/the waiting!!! Why does it all have to be such a big surprise??
I think I need to find something to do b/c sitting in the house watching tv doesn''t seem to be working well for me today. When I start to get frustrated, then I start to worry and that *really* doesn''t help.

But truly, other than times like I''m feeling right now, things are great. He and I are great. Which of course then makes me worry a bit b/c if we are so great, why hasn''t it happened?
40.gif

Ok, no more feeling sorry for myself!

I am very excited to hear someone else''s good news though so I''m keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Hang in there dixie! I know how you feel. Everything is great with my bf too.... so uh, then why no proposal?? And I start thinking maybe everything is NOT great and I just don''t know it! Then I look for problems when there are none. ugh! It''s a crazy cycle.

The waiting is definitely hard. Sending some patience vibes your way!!!!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
5 weeks left until the end of the year!!!!

5 weeks is NOT a very long time to wait... we can do it ladies! 5 weeks is just a little more than a month... it''s less than a grading period in school... it''s less than the length of time between haircuts...you can count the weeks on ONE hand now...it''s less than the time Noah was on the ARK!!!

So let''s be excited and not anxious!! Just think... in a very short time a lot of the lovely LIW''s will be BIW''s and happily engaged!!!!
9.gif

When you are getting worried, anxious, or sad, just hang on to the thought that if you are one of the ladies on this thread, then your time is probably coming very very soon!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Righttime, thanks for the support! Happy belated birthday also! Sorry it didn''t happen for you then. My bday was in October and that little part of me thought how nice of a bday gift that would''ve been! But they just don''t quite think the way we do. That is nice that he asked permission back in August. It definitely should mean something soon. Why soon is different for men vs. women I just don''t understand. They definitely have their own way of thinking.

I like the part about 5wks being less than the time in between a haircut! That was a good one!
2.gif

Unfortunately, I''m not really counting down until the end of the year. I would LOVE it but really have no idea. I just hope that he doesn''t hold out too long or like you said, there''s nothing wrong that I just don''t know about.
At times like these, I try to remember my relationship and that he would tell me if something was wrong, but it''s tough sometimes!

I did find something else to keep me busy for awhile today... gift shopping. I''m trying to figure out what to get him so I''ve been doing a little online research. Ah, the joys of the internet!

Thanks for the patience vibes. I need them!!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 11/25/2006 4:23:51 PM
Author: dixie94
Well, I think I''m feeling a little grumpy today b/c this is the 3rd weekend that one or both of us have been out of town. We have seen each other in between the weekends a few times but not much.
I would''ve loved to be engaged by now or tomorrow or in the next few weeks or sometime SOON!! I am going a little crazy w/the waiting and not really being free to talk about it. I don''t know if he''s planning, still not feeling ready to propose, saving, doing nothing or what. Not fun!!
I watched Real Weddings awhile ago and just wanted ME to be in that process.
7.gif
Feeling a little down right now about this whole thing.
What is the deal w/the waiting!!! Why does it all have to be such a big surprise??
I think I need to find something to do b/c sitting in the house watching tv doesn''t seem to be working well for me today. When I start to get frustrated, then I start to worry and that *really* doesn''t help.

But truly, other than times like I''m feeling right now, things are great. He and I are great. Which of course then makes me worry a bit b/c if we are so great, why hasn''t it happened?
40.gif

Ok, no more feeling sorry for myself!

I am very excited to hear someone else''s good news though so I''m keeping my fingers crossed for everyone!!
Dixie-
I think lots of guys think, "if it ain''t broke, don''t fix it". So, in a relationship, if things are going great, everything''s wonderful, then they don''t even realize that we''re tearing our hair out wondering when a proposal is gonna happen because the way they see it, everything''s fine and dandy - I mean, if they didn''t like us, they wouldn''t still be with us. So, if things are floating along and totally wonderful, maybe it''s time to rock the boat a little and make sure our men know what it is that we are expecting...

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2006 11:36:31 AM
Author: Becky P

Dixie-
I think lots of guys think, ''if it ain''t broke, don''t fix it''. So, in a relationship, if things are going great, everything''s wonderful, then they don''t even realize that we''re tearing our hair out wondering when a proposal is gonna happen because the way they see it, everything''s fine and dandy - I mean, if they didn''t like us, they wouldn''t still be with us. So, if things are floating along and totally wonderful, maybe it''s time to rock the boat a little and make sure our men know what it is that we are expecting...
Becky,
I agree! My bf and I have talked so he does know what I''m expecting and our sort of timeline. He knows there''s only about a year until we''d like to be ready to move out of state together. He knows that we have to be married in order to both move together. He asked me to look at ring styles awhile back, and I did and told him what I liked. So now I''m just waiting. Impatiently I might add but still waiting. I don''t often bring it up to him; I really try not to. If he needs the time, I want him to take it..whether it''s for financial saving or just not quite ready.. but I worry, sometimes a little, sometimes a lot. I am a planner and the not-knowing is soooooooo hard sometimes.
I trust him though and I do 100% believe that if he wasn''t able to meet our timeframe or something was wrong, he''d tell me. But it sure is hard to remember that some days and it sure is hard to understand what is holding him back.

missladiva

Rough_Rock
I''m now on the short list for a proposal by year end! My boyfriend is facing a pending layoff and has been looking for job. This a.m. he got an offer that he is happy with and he is going to accept. Way back at Labor Day he told me that when he got a new job he would go ring shopping. I''ve given him some guidelines, so now I''m hoping for something sparkly, probably at New Years! Yay!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results