shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies waiting for proposal by Year end..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
So, mine's not happening by the end of the year...

I will be in IL until a couple days after Christmas and then meeting up with him in Hawaii for New Year's (he'll be there starting next week--for a whole month!) and I know for a fact that the stone hasn't been set yet. So, unless he's planning to get it set in Hawaii, I think I'm gonna be a 2007 girl!
20.gif

I know it's gonna be within the next three months or so (unless he's sadistic)--I wish guys got the whole "home for the holidays with an engagement ring to show off" thing! If he's gonna do it soon anyway, why not in time for me to show it to all of my old hometown friends
31.gif

You all can take me off the imaginary "by year end" list! Silly men.

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Oh no Musey, once on the year-end-hopefuls, always on the year-end hopefuls!!! Im not removing you from the imaginary list! You have to stay on here with me cause I don''t want to be the only one still hopeful!!
2.gif

You never know.. he could surprise you... right? But, if not, then we will start a thread about Valentine''s day!!

Have a great trip to Hawaii and a great holiday season!

17 days until Christmas
23 days until New Year''s Eve

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
I had posted a while back that I was expecting Christmas of this year. Then I had posted it wasn't looking that way. But I'm hopeful again!!!

Little things he's been saying, talking about getting married a lot more. Then last night I asked "timeframe". He said after the first of the year. I am pretty certain he would propose before we started looking at houses, and moving in together.

And maybe this is my imagination, and wishful thinking, but last night, he was on the phone with a friend. I hear this end of the conversation about Christmas. "Yeah, I'm ready for it, I want it to be over with" "I can't tell you right now". "Yep" "..if I don't screw it up." (some conversation about a mutual friend's marriage), then "Yes, that's what it is."

36.gif
17 DAYS 'TILL CHRISTMAS!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Hello my year end friends!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got back from my business trip last night!...exhausted!. I can''t lie though...I thought there was a slight little tiny chance he was going to do something!...since this is our last weekend until New Year''s Eve!....but nothing...they (him and my dog) were very happy to see me and gave me tons of hugs and kisses, but that was it...

He leaves to NY on Thursday...and I leave to Costa Rica Friday....

I so hope this NY trip is really a ring trip!
9.gif

Happy Friday everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M~

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
mandarine, the weekend hasn''t started yet, you still have 3 more days and some of next week, so you never know! When will you see him after Costa Rica? It''s soon for you, we all feel it!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I will most probably see him next on Dec 30th!......or even Dec 31st...

so this is it, it''s either this weekend (which I''m actually 99.9999999% that it won''t be), or it''s New Year''s (25% sure that it will be) or it''s the ski trip in February during Valentine''s Day week (25% sure) or some unknown random date after New Year''s and before the ski trip (50%)...maybe I should graph this out in Excel and perform some probability tests..haha, just kidding
2.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/8/2006 7:55:21 AM
Author: therighttime
Oh no Musey, once on the year-end-hopefuls, always on the year-end hopefuls!!! Im not removing you from the imaginary list! You have to stay on here with me cause I don't want to be the only one still hopeful!!
2.gif

haha, okaaaaaaaaaaaaay
28.gif
I can pretend he's gonna get it done in HI.

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
CRASH, glad you are back with us on the year-end hopefuls!! The phone conversation sounds promising!!! Keep us updated, and good luck!

Mandarine, you still have a few days until the weekend is over.... it could happen! There are a lot of engagements going around now on the board, maybe you are next?? Even if it doesn''t happen before you both leave, then it''s not long at all until dec. 30th or 31st! good luck!

missladiva

Rough_Rock
Thank goodness for this forum!! The LIWs are the only thing that keeps me sane. I''m 99.9% sure my proposal is coming at New Year''s, and the days are CRAWLING by.

My BF knows nothing about buying jewelry and knows the ring is important to me and asked me for all sorts of advice on how, where and what to shop for. Which of course I happily obliged since I''ve been studying this forum for months. I sent him a bunch of links to reputable vendors, pictures of settings I like, a list of my desires regarding the 4Cs, and even a link to a particular stone at GOG. Wouldn''t you know that particular stone disappeared from available inventory this week! Cross your fingers!

It makes me feel really special that he is so worried about this purchase, even though he HATES shopping, just because he knows its important to me. He''s really one of the good ones. I told him he couldn''t possibly mess this up, because I''ll love whatever he brings me because it came from him. So hopefully he took my suggestions and called GOG or Whiteflash for some good advice.

He and I have been talking about getting married for months. I''m just dying to show off my ring and tell everyone about this great guy!!!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, even though my ring is here already (and I have been sneaking to wear it before he takes it away next week), I am terrified he will make me wait, just to torture me, lol! Commom sense tells me it will happen before the end of the year, especially seeing how we have already set a wedding date for March, but I can''t stop thinking about how disappointed I will be if he doesn''t do it by the end of the year!!!

I sooo wanted to copy and paste some of the posts here where others are talking about how agonizing the wait is, and how so many of us would like to be able to show off our rings to family and friends over the holidays.

Anyway, this is the one place I can come where I know others understand the torutre I am going through, lol!!!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
**2 weeks until Christmas Eve**
**3 weeks until New Year''s Eve**

Several ladies who were hoping for year -end proposals have already left us! Congrats to them!!!! How is everyone else doing as the countdown nears?

Nothing new to report here. No signs, no clues, no conversations. I''m just trying to stay excited instead of anxious as I wait!

Good luck to everyone... feel free to vent, post signs, or ask questions!

the other Jake

Shiny_Rock
Well, I think I have recently figured out how to slow down time.... just great. Now, if I could just figure out how to speed it up a lil. You know, just for a month or so.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
14.gif
I had this long e-mail and then I deleted it by mistake!.....I''ll just have to summarize now!

You can take me off the imaginary list (no, I''m not engaged!)...but I am sure that it won''t be in 2006...after a conversation last night I realized this "family month" I have planned causes some timing issues (first two weeks in Costa Rica and then my mom and sister coming to stay with me for two weeks). I know he''s not the type of guy who wants to do this in any sort of public forum...so I am 100% sure he will wait until we are both alone
4.gif

Anyway, Happy Monday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

M~

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
aww mandarine, well it makes sense. he prob was planning the for around the holidays but a lot of other plans came up with your family, so there was no quiet weknd to squeeze it in. Well now it''s so close, what''s a few more weeks to wait in january?! Hang in there :)) I know it''s easier said than done (and unlike others, I dont look back on the ''waiting'' too fondly, i much prefer wedding waiting), but just keep reminding yourself it''s just a few more wks longer than expected! AND he may still surprise you and be purposefully misleading. He''s a traditionalist, so you just never know :)
Did you ask any specific ques of your bf this past wkend or did you just get a sense?

As an aside, i''ve been trying to load pics and had no luck, i keep getting an error message. going to try again tonight..not sure why i''m so tech challenged!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
it''s ok...I''m really not as dissapointed as I thought I would be if it didn''t happen BY 2006......but I think that''s because of how he acts around the situation...just gives me a sense of ease.

I actually just asked him. This was our last weekend together (and alone) until mid-January!...so I just asked why he didn''t tell me plans had changed if in fact they had. He said nothing had "drastically changed" but did let out about these timing issues...and how hw knew it wouldn''t be 2006, but nothing had drastically changed. I got a little defensive, a little sad because I wish he would have told me this before...but then we talked, he made me feel better. Then I felt a little silly (as I always do eveytime I ask him something about this)...and right at the end he just made a comment like I let myself get so worked up and it might right around the corner and I will ruin it for myself!. I said I know what he meant...I just can''t control my anxiety, he understands....etc, etc. He was just kind of pondering on how different girls and guys are when it comes to this and doesn''t understand why I get so anxious sometimes when I *know* it''s soon. I said to him ''girl soon'' or ''boy soon''?...hehe

So I feel ok about it...it''s like every couple of months I just need to get some re-assurance from him and then I feel ok again and a little silly about asking in the first place. He''s the guy for me, I''m the girl for him...we both know it, we both want it, we''re happy...that''s all that really matters.

I can''t wait to see some pictures Janine!!!!!!!!!!!

M~

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine: I''m so sorry that you are disappointed, but his reasons seem valid and waiting a tad bit longer shouldn''t be too bad. It''s just a matter of when, not if, with you!

Janine: If you send the pictures to the administrator they''ll post them for you.

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Mandarine,
I think we may be renaming our imaginary list to "those waiting for a proposal at the very beginning of 2007" so hang in there! At your 50 year wedding anniversary tea (in North Carolina?
2.gif
) you won''t remember if you were a LIW for a couple extra weeks!

But.... I agree with what was posted above... he could be trying to throw you off and make you think a proposal is NOT coming, when it is!!!

Either way, enjoy knowing it WILL happen!!!

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Mandarine: I put my money on him trying to throw you off.
11.gif

Not to get your hopes up or anything, but that's TOTALLY how I would play it if I wanted it to be surprise, but the few remaining days made it otherwise impossible to surprise you. He sounds like such a sweety. I bet he's got something up his sleeve! Hopefully something really, really sparkly.
36.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I am not for a Christmas proposal because
A) he thinks it''s so cliche

and
B) I have already designed my own ring, so I''d rather the proposal be a surprise and Christmas is too much of an "expecting it time."

I thought it was going to be this year, but we put in the okay for the final wax mold only a week ago, so 4-6 weeks after that it will be ready Dec 31- Jan 14 it will be ready. I know he is probably going to make me wait after that, maybe til Feburary, but I''m not really all that bothered about it.

Ladyoflovers

Shiny_Rock
I don''t think i''m getting anything by new year''s. he is really taking it so slooowwww!

I was thinking about Chandler''s method from one of the Friends episode. Do you guys remember he has a tape recording he listened to while trying to quit smoking? But it happened to be a message addressed to a woman trying to quit and Chandler started acting feminine. So, maybe i should start working on my own recording and play when he falls into sleep: "Get Pinar an engagement ring, get Pinar an engagement ring, ..."
26.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Crash, when do you plan to move in together? Has he said anything else recently? I hope it happens soon!

Missladiva, that''s great that your bf is asking you advice on what to shop for. Hopefully he did buy the stone you told him about! My bf, on the other hand, asked me awhile back if I was sure that I wouldn''t just like a solitaire
7.gif
Not what I''d call excited about the purchase so I''m a tad bit worried! But not so much, I''d rather he just propose, whatever he gets!

Impatient, I completely understand your wanting to cut/paste some of these posts to the bf. I want to all the time but so far, I have refrained. You are very close though!

Righttime, I have no nothing new to report either. He''s said nothing, given away no clues... not that I think he will do that EVER, even if he were planning something. I wish I knew a little bit more, at least knew he was planning or starting to plan or something!

Mandarine, sorry!
7.gif
On the positive side, it definitely sounds like it will be soon and that he''s got the plan started. That is a great sign. And you''re right, sometimes just the reassurance is necessary and helps to tide you over for a little while. I wish there was some way we could get them to understand our situation and how difficult it is but they don''t always seem to get it. Btw, you shouldn''t feel silly! You and he did have a timeframe set so there''s nothing wrong w/you being disappointed that it didn''t happen or that he didn''t bring up the change. You have a right to your feelings! But I think you have a great attitude about it and seem to be staying positive, which is the best way to be!
Repeat after me: it will happen, it will happen soon, he''s already started planning!!
1.gif

Hopes

Rough_Rock
My guy asked me last night! :D Apparently he's had the ring for a week and didn't tell me about it, and wanted it to be romantic. Ultimately he just surprised me right when I got home from work, which was cute. :)

So there is hope yet! Maybe the men are all waiting for some ficitional "best time" to do it.
3.gif

Independent Gal

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Hopes! You''d better start a thread about this. You know we can''t live without details and... HANDSHOTS!

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
My boyfriend mentioned several times over the last month about getting a place, and getting married. I asked him when did he think we could start looking for a house. He said early next year. It''s coming up at least once a week now, whereas before it was more like once every two months.

Get this.. his mom made two car payments to "help him for Christmas". I mentioned the one sided phone conversation I heard. AND... he is brining his son by to meet me tonight. Kinda sounds like something is up to me. BUT... I don''t want to get my hopes up.

I have thought for a while that he would propose on Christmas. But there are times when I don''t think he is planning on it. I don''t know. I know I will be a little disappointed if he doesn''t.

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
MustangFan, that''s great that you''re so relaxed about when the proposal will come! That''s exciting that your ring will be ready soon.
LadyofLovers, subliminal messages sound like a great idea!
2.gif
Don''t feel too bad, I honestly don''t think my bf will propose by New Year''s either.

Hopes, Congratulations!! Start your own thread so we can hear all the details!

Crash, it does sound like he''s planning something w/the car payments and meeting his son. If nothing else, it sounds like you two are moving closer in that direction w/the moving in together. I can''t wait to move in w/my bf. I am just waiting for my place to sell UGH!

I really wish I had some sort of sign to go off of. My bf just called, can I use that as a sign?? Probably not, huh
38.gif
. Oh well, one of these days.

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Date: 12/11/2006 4:48:59 PM
Author: Ladyoflovers
I don''t think i''m getting anything by new year''s. he is really taking it so slooowwww!

I was thinking about Chandler''s method from one of the Friends episode. Do you guys remember he has a tape recording he listened to while trying to quit smoking? But it happened to be a message addressed to a woman trying to quit and Chandler started acting feminine. So, maybe i should start working on my own recording and play when he falls into sleep: ''Get Pinar an engagement ring, get Pinar an engagement ring, ...''
26.gif
Or the Friend''s episode where Monica booked a hall for 2 years down the road, just for fun, and the lady called, said there had been an opening and the Bing/Gellar wedding could be moved up. Chandler freaked. Monica thought he had left forever. And... then, he surprised her with the most perfect proposal ever.

Hopes - Start a new thread! Tell us the story! Ring pics please! Congrats!!!! Yippie!!!
36.gif

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Ok, it''s a week until Christmas Eve, and 2 weeks until New Year''s Eve. Lots of ladies from this imaginary list have gotten engaged. Congrats again to all of them!! Is anyone left on here with me? (I know Mandarine is out of town...) If so, report in and let us know how it''s going.

As for me, I still think it could happen over the holidays, but there have still been NO signs. He hasn''t asked my ring size....hasn''t given any hints... hasn''t tried to make any special plans for the holidays. The only reason I think it might still happen is that he told me in september, it''d be a couple of months.

Good luck to everyone still hoping for year-end excitement!

~7 days until Christmas Eve
~14 days until New Year''s Eve
~15 days until I start the "ladies hoping for valentine''s proposal" thread.
20.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Hopes! You should start your own thread with the engagement story, and we''d love to see pics!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2006 9:52:56 PM
Author: therighttime
Ok, it's a week until Christmas Eve, and 2 weeks until New Year's Eve. Lots of ladies from this imaginary list have gotten engaged. Congrats again to all of them!! Is anyone left on here with me? (I know Mandarine is out of town...) If so, report in and let us know how it's going.

As for me, I still think it could happen over the holidays, but there have still been NO signs. He hasn't asked my ring size....hasn't given any hints... hasn't tried to make any special plans for the holidays. The only reason I think it might still happen is that he told me in september, it'd be a couple of months.

Good luck to everyone still hoping for year-end excitement!

~7 days until Christmas Eve
~14 days until New Year's Eve
~15 days until I start the 'ladies hoping for valentine's proposal' thread.
20.gif
Yes, righttime, I'm still hanging here with you!!! My proposal is imminent, I'm sure pretty
emlove.gif

Friday the FedEx man brought a double order of my favorite flowers (Peruvian lillies). The enclosed card said, " I just wanted to let you know how much I love you. I thank God every day for bringing you into my life. Now, I have just one question for you: Will you (smile) more to follow!" When I called to thank him for the beautiful flowers, he made a comment, "wait til you see the next set, they'll be even better"

Today he picked my daughter up from work on his way over to visit me. When they got in the house she went over to the Christmas wrapping paper, grabbed a box and scurried downstairs. I asked here where whe was going and she told me she was on a mission for my bf. She brought two wrapped gifts upstairs and put them under the tree, one for me and one for my other daughter. She then told me I would never guess what was in the box. Hmm, I have taught her well how to disguise gifts. You see, I am one of those moms who will wrap up a cd inside of a cereal box, weight it down and wrap it in Christmas paper, just to throw them off!!! LOL, I wouldn't be too surprised my ring is in that box, lol. We shall see! I am putting my bets on Christmas Eve or Christmas Day
emteeth.gif

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
RT, well, now I know that NO hints or clues doesn''t mean they''re not planning something. I guess they are way better at keeping such secrets than I ever would be!

ImpatientOne, well, he is definitely up to something! The flowers sound gorgeous! I''m excited to see what your gift is too!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results