shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies waiting for proposal by Year end..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

missladiva

Rough_Rock
Still waiting, enjoying the happy anticipation. Am 99% sure of New Years proposal (we''ve already discussed a spring date, and he knows I need to plan!) BF is playing it close to the vest. I said, "I can''t wait to tell everybody!" and he said, "I know, I''m working on it." Another time he said he didn''t have the ring yet, but another time when I mentioned how busy I''ll be at work after New Years he said, "yeah, and you''ll have a wedding to plan." I clued my folks in that it''s coming, and this weekend my Mom asked me what kind of wedding I wanted, so we had fun talking about that. Am totally obsessed, but enjoying it since I know that it''s coming. My sympathies to all those in limbo!

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Missladiva, it does sound like it will be soon for you! He''s tossing out some pretty clear clues. I have been having fun talking about wedding stuff w/my mom too. Only a couple weeks left for you!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
missladiva: sounds like it''s any day for you..woohoo! But did you say a spring wedding??? That''s VERY close, unless you meant ''08?

cRaSh

Shiny_Rock
I think I can OFFICIALLY say I''m out of the "Year End Hopefuls"
7.gif

I KNOW it''s going to happen. I don''t know when. I would say maybe some time next year. Maybe around our one year anniversary in May. But it''s not going to happen at Christmas. He did his shopping last night with his son. And he would NOT have gotten me a ring with him there. I guess it''s DVDs this year.
38.gif

Good luck to the rest of you though that are waiting. I hope to see LOTS of stories, pictures, rings, etc. on Tuesday.
36.gif

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Crash, I think I''m with you on this.... I am pretty sure that it''s not going to happen by year end as I had thought/hoped. BF decided to change jobs and go back to school. Doing this will be a good long-term career move, and it''s a job he works part time now and LOVES, but for the immediate future it''s a pay cut and tuition payments. He made the comment that because of the financial difference, he was glad he didn''t have a house payment. (mmm... I have a house payment and if we were married, HE would have one too...) He also commented that he would save some money on gas because he lives so close to the new job. (but I live 30 miles from it... and if we were married he would live here.)

So I can only assume he is not thinking marriage immediately any longer. As I have whined before to you, he talked to my dad about getting married back in early August. He told me in September it''d be in the next couple of months that he''d make it official. We really haven''t had many talks since then because I felt it would happen by year end and I was trying to leave him alone to do his thing. But, after the comments over his new job, I feel he is definitely still in single-man mode and not thinking of getting married anytime soon. I know I need to ask him if he timeframe has changed since the new job and since he made those comments, but I just think I will wait until after the holidays to ask. My dad is in the hospital just diagnosed with Guillain Barre syndrome (anyone heard of it?) and I have been stressed over that and busy trying to go see him. (he lives 4 hours away but is in a hospital only 2 hours away.) I just don''t have the energy now to have a timeline conversation with bf.

Sorry for the long post, and good luck to all the year-end hopefuls and everyone else! It''s almost Christmas time!

~3 days until Christmas Eve
~10 days until New Year''s Eve

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
hi righttime~I''m so sorry to hear about your father, it has to be a big stress, and is of course your priority right now. I hope he is doing better and we all wish him a quick recovery (I haven''t heard of that condition though, I must admit).

As for your bf, yes, sometime in the future it sounds like you need to have a talk with him. It sounds like he may''ve gone way off the timeline or decided it''s not an immediate priority. Maybe once your father is doing much better you can look to address that with him. I know you know all this so probably pointless for me to say it :) I just really hope your bf is at least there for you NOW when you need him. Let it know how it goes, and well, you NEVER know..it could still be by year, end so keep us posted :)

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
therighttime,

I just wanted to say I''m so sorry your father is sick. I hope you are able to make a trip to visit him.

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I''m so sorry about your father therighttime. I''ve never heard about that condition, I was actually about to google it.

As for your bf, taking a pay cut and going back to school can be major life changes (as well as financial issues) so objectively he has good reasoning for not getting engaged/married just yet. BUT, I agree you two should talk about it so you''re on the same page. It''s only fair. He asked for your father''s permission 4 months ago...you should know if things aren''t going to progress as they should!

Good for you for supporting his decision. It will be worth it in the long run. Enjoy your holidays as much as you can right now. Prayers for your father!

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
First of all, sorry to hear about your father, therighttime
emsad.gif

If it were me, I think I''d lean towards having a discussion with bf. I think it''s only fair to know if timelines have changed.

Hugs to you!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Janine, Kimberly, IrishAngel & Impatient One

Thanks ladies for your words of support about my dad!! I went up and spent all day with him yesterday. This disease is an autoimmune syndrome that causes you to lose the ability to move your muscles. It started in my dad''s hands and quickly progressed to his legs, arms and trunk. They don''t know what causes it. He walked into the emergency room, but by the time they called his name, he could not stand up. It was very fast-progressing. I''ve read a lot about it, and the earlier it is diagnosed, the better. Thankfully, my dad''s small local hospital knew enough to transfer him to another hospital quickly. They diagnosed him there, but sent him on to Vanderbilt the next day for the remaining treatments. The disease gets worse then better. Each day my dad had been getting worse. However, yesterday while I was there
1.gif
he saw the first signs of improvement. He felt a little stronger and was able to move his arms and legs a small bit. The physical therapist helped him sit up for the first time in 4 days. So, it looks as though he is now in the recovery part. He has a LONG way to go and will have to be in a rehabiltation hospital for a while, but thankfully it did not get to the point of affecting his breathing or swallowing and he did not have to go on a vent. Sorry for so long, and thanks again for your kind words of concern.

As for BF.. he is wonderfully supportive. He spent the day with me and my dad yesterday. He drove me there and back... and plans to go with me to see him again right after christmas at the rehab center which will be about 5 hours away from me. On our trip up to see my dad yesterday, I did ask BF about his 2 comments. He said that he meant that "right now" he was glad he didn''t have a house payment and he lived close to his work. He said it would help during the transition period between jobs (he won''t get paid at new job for about a month and will also owe tuition very soon.) Plus, he went on to add that he would be owed $ from his current job for vacation pay and that he could use that to pay off all his tuition, but that would be at least a month before he got it. He said he meant only in the "short term" he meant he would have no house payment and be close to work. But is that "boy-short term" or "girl-short term"??

I accept his answer and will now go back on the "maybe by the year end" list. Still REALLY not expecting it though.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hey, I hope that your dad has improved more. As for bf I really hope its girl time short for you! As someone who has gone back to college this year, it can be done. Im working part time too and trying to save as much as I can so that D and I can still get engaged and married while Im in college. Fair enough I dont have to purchase the engagement ring, but I want to be able to contribute to our house etc when we move in. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will happen for you soon!

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
righttime - I hope things continue to get better for your dad.

Perhaps your guy is trying to throw you off. You know he asked your dad a few months ago, he said it would be "official" within a few months, etc. He probably already has the ring and is trying to surprise you. I''d let it be until after the first of the year - just see what happens...

princessmo2

Rough_Rock
Hi, therighttime... I''m new to the forum, but just wanted to give my support regarding your dad. My dad has been in the hospital since mid-September because of a bad infection and arrhythmia. It''s been a really tough time, but we got the news today that he is being transferred to a rehab facility on Tuesday, which my family is very excited about. Hopefully soon he will be back at home.
As for my BF, he has also been fantastic and really supportive. I had been hoping for a proposal by the end of the year, but I am starting to be doubtful. Yesterday was my graduation from graduate school, and we went out to dinner to celebrate, so I was hoping it might happen then, but no luck. He''s made so many jokes about the Christmas proposal cliche (holiday sweaters and khaki pants, sitting by the fire), that I highly doubt it will be then. But what''s up with the male definition of the word "soon"?? In mid-October he said I was "about" to get a ring, and here it is two months later! About to get one means you have it in your pocket, to me!
emotion-40.gif
The other night, then, we were driving home and kidding around, and I said there was no way he could surprise me (only because it''s constantly on my mind!), and he said, "Sure I could... Maybe I''ll pull over in that parking lot and ask you right now... Then you''d be surprised." But, did he? Nope.
emsmile.gif
We''ll have been together 2 years in March (living together for a year), so I suppose I don''t have too much to complain about yet, but the waiting is still hard! Plus, in between now and then, I have Christmas, New Year''s, my birthday, Valentine''s day, and then our anniversary to potentially be disappointed on... Argh!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Wow, princessmo, sounds like we have a lot in common! I hope your dad continues to improve and is home soon. My dad arrived at the rehab hospital last night. I talked to him today and he is in good spirits and anxious to start work so he can get home. I''ll go up and see him again next Friday to celebrate Christmas then.

I''m glad you have a supportive boyfriend. It helps, doesn''t it? I too, have been told it''d be soon for several months now. I know how frustrating, yet in a way, exciting it is! Hang in there, and Merry Christmas!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
TRT, I'm really sorry to hear about your dad's ordeal. I'm glad to hear things are looking up for him
1.gif

I'm still hoping for some post-Christmas proposals for our LIWs!!!

Quick update: I'm flying to Hawaii tomorrow to meet up with my BF (who has been there visiting family w/ his parents for the past two weeks). I'll be there with the three of them for about a week and a half. I don't think he'd propose with his parents around, so I doubt I'll be coming home with a ring... BUT, our anniversary is a couple weeks after we get back, so I'm crossing my fingers for that!

I am now a "Lady waiting for proposal by January's end",
28.gif
haha

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
TRT- so sorry to hear about your dad, hope he continues to get better and is able to return home soon!

My hopes to be a year end bride in waiting are looking dim! I didnt get a Christmas proposal (which would have been soooo perfect!
8.gif
) We will not be spending new years together because he is working (he''s a police officer) so that''s out the window as well! MY birthday is in early January but I doubt he''d do it then.
Hopefully i''m not still a lady in waiting this time next year!
15.gif

Congrats to all the Christmas proposals!!!!!

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Thanks ladies for the responses about my dad. I talked to him today and he was able to stand alone for a few seconds and also able to take a few steps with help! Everyone is very encouraged about his progress! I''ll get to see him again in a few days.

Congrats again to all those who got sparkly Christmas presents!!

princessmo2

Rough_Rock
Great to hear that your dad is doing well, righttime... Mine was transferred out of the hospital into a rehab facility yesterday, so we are hopeful he should be on his way home in 2-3 more weeks.

I''m crossing my fingers that everyone who didn''t get a Christmas proposal (me included!) will get one soon! Happy New Year everyone!
1.gif

therighttime

Shiny_Rock
Well, the year is over! How did we do? I know a lot of the ladies on the year-end list got engaged!! Congrats! Everyone check in and let us know what our stats are!

You can put me in the: "Heck no, didn''t happen category."
7.gif

Sweet_Khelli

Rough_Rock
I''m technically not in the year end category but he asked me to marry him after midnight on New Years.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats khelli! Looking forward to seeing pics of the ring

missladiva

Rough_Rock
I''m engaged! He proposed New Years Eve at Price Tower in Bartlesville, OK. Gorgeous .75 carat ACA H&A from Whiteflash in platinum knife-edge 6-prong tiffany replica. I love it! We''re looking at a couple of dates in May. More details and pics soon.

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
congrats to the new years girls! unfortunately i am not one of them
5.gif

hope it''s my turn soon!!!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
awww!! Congrats to all my girls that got engaged!!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Therighttime - I''m so sorry to read about your dad and hope he continues to get better soon!!!.

For those of us remaining on the list...who cares!!!???...hehe, seriously. If you know you have a good relationship and you know you both want to be together and want the same things...what''s another month or so?. Let''s enjoy the "today". I''m happy and feel so lucky to have found my BF...that''s what it is about...I know it will happen soon so I will really try to not get impatient and enjoy each day for what it is!
1.gif
. ..."If you''re happy and you know it clap your hands!"
36.gif
36.gif

It''s a new year and I have so much I want to do that I think time is already flying!. My mom and sister are here until January 12th....nothing like time with family (specially with girls...it''s just non-stop laughter!!). My short term resolution is to do a good spring cleaning around my house!!! My closet is full of things that I need to give away! I also want to get my "disaster" closet organized. It''s just the closet where EVERYTHING goes. From tools, to christmas ornaments, to old pictures, books, scrapbooking materials, etc....everythime I open it I''m afraid I will move one little thing and the entire closet will fall on my head and I will have to wait for someone to come rescue me from under all the stuff!!!!..haha.

So between the company and the cleaning I will have my hands full and won''t have too much time to ponder! ;-)

Sorry I didn''t congratulate each of you graduates on your threads! It''s been tough to get through everything and I don''t want to start replying and then miss one of you...so hugs to you all that got engaged!!!
9.gif
. Dixie, I actually read your thread from the Internet cafe in Costa Rica and I can''t even tell you how happy it made me!!!...my sister kept asking me what I was smiling about..hehe
36.gif

M~

akw94

Brilliant_Rock
Mandarine, thanks! It was an exciting night and fun to write about! I think you are right about enjoying today. You are right, it will happen soon!! Did you hear anything about his NYC trip?
Spring cleaning... um, not necessarily looking fwd to that although I need mine done much sooner b/c I''m putting my place back on the market. Fun, fun, fun! Now, I really can''t wait to move!!
Have a great time w/your family. Sounds like you will stay busy and that''s always a good thing!

bestdeal

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Just wanted to say that i can be taken off the LIW list- my bf proposed to me in South Africa on top of Table mountain on the 16th of Dec- we then rushed out and bought a really beautiful SA diamond. It was such a great holiday!! This website was so great to me during periods of frustration!! I will try and post a photo of the ring later!!

:):)

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
WOW! So many ladies got engaged over the last few weeks! CONGRATS to you all!!! So exciting!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
what''s new w/your situation becky? is there more talk of moving, future, marriage or is still on a holiding pattern. sounds like things are better..

Becky P

Shiny_Rock
Hey, almost missed this post - I''ve been traveling a lot lately and have been out sick for the last 3 days. Things are looking very, very promising. Last weekend we had several talks where actual real conversation was had about the future and I''m very happy with the way things are looking. He brought up that I had mentioned a while back that it would be fun to get married on the 10 year anniversary of the day we met. I said, wow, are you serious? He was like, yeah. I said, do you realize that would be February of next year? (Feb. 2008) He said, yes! I said, whoa, that means we''d be getting married in 13 months, and he said, yeah. I said, you realize I''ll probably need about 9 months to plan a wedding. He said okay. So, he''s really been thinking about and considering our future together. I knew he would, and I''m glad that he''s comfortable talking about all this with me lately. I guess I had just been daydreaming about it for so long and not actually clue-ing him in on what it is that I want. They certainly can''t read our minds... so, I''m glad that I kept pushing it and now we can figure out the plan from here together.

Oh, did I also tell you girls that I had planted the card of the dream engagement ring I found? Oh yes, I stuck it in a pile of papers - he was supposed to find it when I wasn''t around. But, of course, we''re cleaning the house to get it ready for the realtor to come over, and he finds it. He says, did you plant this? I, innocently of course say, plant what? He said, this card. I laugh and say, oh yes, I put that there a few months ago. And, I proceed to tell him the story of the AMAZING ring I found, etc etc. He''s like, cool, and keeps on cleaning. So, then a few minutes later, I''m thinking to myself, did he keep that card? or did he toss it with everything else he threw away. Then, as fate would have it, as I''m dusting some shelves on the wall, I find the card secretly hidden beneath his favorite picture... So... Although I didn''t get a ring by the end of 2006, and may not get one for a little while longer, at least the seed has been planted and he''s working through his "wanna be a bachelor" phase towards being ready to get married!!!
emotion-19.gif
We talked about the dream ring this past weekend (around the same time as we were talking about a Feb. 2008 wedding), and he was asking about how much it cost. He also said that sources say a guy should spend 2 months salary on a ring. So, he''s looking into these things. I told him that I didn''t care how much he spent and that 2 months salary was probably way more than what I''d want in a ring anyway. I''d rather him spend less on a ring so we have more for a downpayment on our home. (He makes big bucks, so 2 months salary would buy a monstrous ring, and I really only want about 1 carat, maybe less)

I''m never good at making these stories short, am I?? Well, so, that''s the news. No engagement yet, but don''t give up hope yet ladies. I''ve got a wonderful man, and he loves me to death, and he''ll be ready for marriage sooner than we all think - I can feel it!!!

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Hey Becky that sounds really positive! I'm so glad for you.

I have come to the conclusion that men are just strange
20.gif

Having seen FI's reaction to any mention of marriage by me, friends, family - don't believe in it, legal method of tying men down, don't need something to say I love you etc etc

My first words when he proposed weren't "yes", but:

"Oh my god, I haven't forced you into this have I? You do actually want to - not just to make me happy?"

To which he says, "Oh I started thinking about it pretty much a couple of weeks after we met, then I thought of asking you after 9 months - but seemed a bit soon. Then I had it all planned for last New Year, but we didn't end up going away like we first thought - so I didn't ask. Then I decided this Christmas and I've been planning it for the last 6 months."
23.gif

My second words... "I think I hate you, evil boy." - very smug expression on his face at that. Grrrr

How can they do this??? He knew I was going nuts!
29.gif

But in hindsight - I wouldn't change a thing. It was the right time for both of us.

Now I remember my engagement fever with affectionate nostalgia! That day and moment is gone so quickly - amazing memories though.

Enjoy your wait and the anticipation!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results