shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies, show me your Hermes.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CareBear , your rubis is GORGEOUS! :love: Do you find it easy to match? I love how well H does bright colors! I tend to schlepp a lot - and my 35B clemence is heavy to begin with. My kelly is very light since it's Chevre, but not made to carry heavy stuff. Like you I love shoulder straps (more practical) and I end up using the Chanel flap the most!

I think the challenge is I have a hard time matching it to my dress / life style. I am now very casual, and I always associate Bs and Ks with being dressed up!

Oh god this thread has revived my H monster all over again...
Thank you @Alexiszoe! Yes, the rubis is easy to match, I find that reds in generally works like a neutral color, even though it does not look neutral. I had only tried on 35s prior at resellers and the weight, empty, was already too much for me. Day of purchase was the first time I tried a B30, and to my surprise, it is a LOT lighter! I almost never dress up so the few times I carried it was just with jeans/leggings and sweaters/sweatshirts. The B/K + sneaker look seems widely accepted, so I wear sneakers with it. I find that it 'offsets' the whole top handle 'annoyance'. High heels + top handle is too much for me to deal with at once. My most used 'fancy' bags are still the Chanels that I can crossbody.

Oh the enabling that goes on here on PS... I think @Dancing Fire started this thread to stir up trouble. :P2

Who would like to see a 52 year old immaculate Kelly?
Yes please!!!

Last edited:

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anyone own H items in barenia? I am fascinated by it, especially the fauve. Dying to know what it smells like!

Another question for you ladies. Stickers on or off? I removed mine because I read the metal oxidation on the parts without the stickers could result in color differences vs the parts that are covered. But the re-sell value is higher with stickers intact.

Last edited:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anyone own H items in barenia? I am fascinated by it, especially the fauve. Dying to know what it smells like!

I have a Fauve Barenia Birkin and she's amazing, smells wonderful and is the coolest bag ever. I took her out and we went into a teashop, I sat down and had a cream cake with tea and guess what - a blob of cream landed on my bag. I kept my cool, wiped it off and waited, rubbing the stain every couple of minutes with my finger. Half an hour later, the stain was totally gone.

The scent is heavenly, the closest I can describe it is like a slightly perfumed saddle.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have a Fauve Barenia Birkin and she's amazing, smells wonderful and is the coolest bag ever. I took her out and we went into a teashop, I sat down and had a cream cake with tea and guess what - a blob of cream landed on my bag. I kept my cool, wiped it off and waited, rubbing the stain every couple of minutes with my finger. Half an hour later, the stain was totally gone.

The scent is heavenly, the closest I can describe it is like a slightly perfumed saddle.
OMGGGG, I JUST DIED!!!! I need DETAILS!!!! Where did you find it, what year, what size.. and PHOTOS!!! Wow this is most exciting thing that's happened on PS, EVER!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMGGGG, I JUST DIED!!!! I need DETAILS!!!! Where did you find it, what year, what size.. and PHOTOS!!! Wow this is most exciting thing that's happened on PS, EVER!!!

Ok, I'll have to take some photos! She's a 2002 model, 35 Fauve Barenia with brushed palladium hardware that makes her even more kewl.

She's in superb condition and just TDF. I'm very lucky with my Kellys but really wanted a Barenia Birkin and a Barenia Kelly's also on my list.

I found her from a reputable reseller in Paris, they use an expert who's worked with Hermes for many years for authenticating, a great Barenia Birkin's hard to find as you know and I didn't want one with dark handles.

So I found her, she was perfect and I love her. <3 <3

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my 52 year old Kelly, she's aged beautifully with no cracks and very few wrinkles! A la Madam Bijoux, she wears not diamonds but a Hermes Farandole necklace. Specs Kelly 32 Retourne from 1966 Bleu Marine box calf. IMG_0080.jpg IMG_0077.jpg IMG_0079.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just for you CareBear.

IMG_2515.JPG

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Another question for you ladies. Stickers on or off? I removed mine because I read the metal oxidation on the parts without the stickers could result in color differences vs the parts that are covered. But the re-sell value is higher with stickers intact.

Oh stickers off most definitely, apparently moisture can get under stickers and cause metal oxidation and pitting.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my 52 year old Kelly, she's aged beautifully with no cracks and very few wrinkles! A la Madam Bijoux, she wears not diamonds but a Hermes Farandole necklace. Specs Kelly 32 Retourne from 1966 Bleu Marine box calf. IMG_0080.jpg IMG_0077.jpg IMG_0079.jpg
Very nice H my Brit GF..:clap: almost as old as I am..:bigsmile:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Just for you CareBear.

IMG_2515.JPG
Thank you!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! The barenia Birkin is absolutely delish! It is my dream to own one! :love::love::love:
Is the Kelly a family heirloom or did you score that at a Parisian reseller too? It is gorgeous!!!:love::love::love:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you, I really hope you can find one, they're out there!

I scored the Kelly from another French reseller too, I have various sources and being in the UK helps too....:wink2:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll try and take some photos of my rare Eggshell Kelly too from 1986 when I have time, she's a rare beauty.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you, I really hope you can find one, they're out there!

I scored the Kelly from another French reseller too, I have various sources and being in the UK helps too....:wink2:
Most of the online resellers only have bags in the 'new' slightly pebbled, clemence like barenia leather. That leather is nothing like the 'classic' barenia that you have! I also can't get myself to pay double retail for a bag:P2

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Most of the online resellers carry the 'new' slightly pebbled, clemence like barenia leather. That leather is nothing like the 'classic' barenia that you have! I also can't get myself to pay double retail for a bag:P2

Confession. I don't like the new Barenia either nor the pebbly Clemence and Togo leathers. I do have an Epsom Kelly and one in Courchevel but they're the only textured ones I have and they're still structured.

I see some shocking markups with some sellers but some are more reasonably priced if you don't mind a gently used bag. Sandia Exchange is in the US and she's highly recommended.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Confession. I don't like the new Barenia either nor the pebbly Clemence and Togo leathers. I do have an Epsom Kelly and one in Courchevel but they're the only textured ones I have and they're still structured.

I see some shocking markups with some sellers but some are more reasonably priced if you don't mind a gently used bag. Sandia Exchange is in the US and she's highly recommended.
Actually with the barenia (if I were to ever obtain one) I would prefer an 'aged' one. With my single digit usage rate on my current B, it would take me how many years to achieve that color and texture with a new?! :P2 But I am also OCD, so any preloved bag has to be clean, without funny odors. Not sure how to guarantee that without seeing it in person.
May I request pics of the other bags?

I will checkout what Sandia Exchange has in stock! Thank you!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually with the barenia (if I were to ever obtain one) I would prefer an 'aged' one. With my single digit usage rate on my current B, it would take me how many years to achieve that color and texture with a new?! :P2 But I am also OCD, so any preloved bag has to be clean, without funny odors.
May I request pics of the other bags?

I will checkout what Sandia Exchange has in stock! Thank you!

You can, but it might take me a while due to my little doggie's surgery and I have quite a few.....:oops:

I'm the same way with bags, have to be clean and no weird odours.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You can, but it might take me a while due to my little doggie's surgery and I have quite a few.....:oops:

I'm the same way with bags, have to be clean and no weird odours.
I don't mean to rush you with the pics! I hope the surgery goes well, if you decide to have the surgery for your doggie!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't mean to rush you with the pics! I hope the surgery goes well, if you decide to have the surgery for your doggie!

No worries CB, I know! That I'm still debating whether to go ahead, Hubby says it's a no brainer but it's the recovery that scares me with the risks.

Also you can tell Sandia what you're looking for and she can keep an eye out for you.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
F0EA13EC-A72C-4CE3-A297-A518295F3D27.jpeg F0EA13EC-A72C-4CE3-A297-A518295F3D27.jpeg

:kiss2:
I have a Size 30 Natural Fauve Barenia. It doesn’t have any distinctive scent (saddles probably do).

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a classic beauty!!:love:

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
F0EA13EC-A72C-4CE3-A297-A518295F3D27.jpeg F0EA13EC-A72C-4CE3-A297-A518295F3D27.jpeg

:kiss2:
I have a Size 30 Natural Fauve Barenia. It doesn’t have any distinctive scent (saddles probably do).
@Madam Bijoux It is STUNNING!!! :love::love::love:
WOW, TWO fauve barenia Birkins amongst PSers! Anyone else have one hiding in their closet??? :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results