canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you JB! They are also quite comfortable.:wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Those are really smart and there's no leather like Hermes leather.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
OMG @Madam Bijoux, is that a Malachite I see?!! :love::love::love: The most beautiful Hermes green ever! What happened to your Rubis 35?

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17 ! Sadly I don't use them anymore, I find that my tastes has shifted quite a bit over the years...so I am thinking of letting them go. The Mr thinks I should keep it because the bags are "a work of art" but what's the point when it's just sitting in my closet!

@Madam Bijoux ,loving your bag collection :love: and the home ware! I absolutely adore their homeware collection, it's so gorgeous :love:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Madam Bijoux
We operate at very different decimal points, but you have great taste. Wonderful collection.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ready for their quarterly leather maintenance / polishing. Mr Alexiszoe loves doing it more than me. So I usually leave it to him ;)2

20170521_140116.jpg
Beautiful bags!!! :love::love::love: What do you use to polish?

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I only have a few bracelets. I have been wanting a Birkin for years now. I visit the Hermes shop every time we travel to a city that has one and have only ever found one shop that had one to sell. Unfortunately, it was the alligator version and I just couldn't justify spending that much on a bag.

In hindsite, I wish that I would have bought it since many of them appreciate and sell for more in the second hand market.

Maybe some of your that have them would be willing to share your secret strategies!:mrgreen2:
Get you DH to ask! I have been rejected more times than I can count. DH has only ever asked once (cos I gave up) and got one. He now refuses to ask again.:P2

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Get you DH to ask! I have been rejected more times than I can count. DH has only ever asked once (cos I gave up) and got one. He now refuses to ask again.:P2
Thanks @CareBear, I wonder why that is?
It's worth a try , but I was really hoping to keep him out of the loop on this one.;)2 He much prefers the answer "yes, it was expensive" without knowing all the details:lol:

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @junebug17 ! Sadly I don't use them anymore, I find that my tastes has shifted quite a bit over the years...so I am thinking of letting them go. The Mr thinks I should keep it because the bags are "a work of art" but what's the point when it's just sitting in my closet!

@Madam Bijoux ,loving your bag collection :love: and the home ware! I absolutely adore their homeware collection, it's so gorgeous :love:
If your ever looking for good homes, I am sure you could find a buyer here;)2;)2;)2:mrgreen2:.

Beautiful collection, thank you for sharing!

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I remember Madame Bijoux buys from the store but as I'm in the UK, my closest are in London and it's impossible to get a bag there unless you're a VIP. So I buy from resellers in France, in fact, I just scored a dream bag that way!

Like with diamonds, shop for your seller first! If you'd rather try the store and get one that way, the way to go is either build a relationship with a SA in your nearest store first and show an interest in the brand, don't go in and ask. Apparently one needs to play the game by purchasing other items first, scarves, fragrances, small leather goods, jewellery and so on THEN if you're lucky, you might get offered a bag.

Or go to Paris and keep trying the Mothership. Some get lucky that way and keep an open mind if you're offered a bag - obviously don't accept one you don't love but just keep an open mind if you are offered a bag in a colour you hadn't previously considered.

I think if you can though and want to buy from a store, a relationship with a SA will get you a very long way.
Oh man, we were in France last summer, if I had known some good places to try I would have definitely made the detour. I am still kicking myself that I didn't snap up that alligator version I was offered in DC a few years back. Even if I didn't keep it, maybe it would open the door for a future purchase and I am certain I could have turned around and gotten my money back in a sale.

Unfortunately, there are no local boutiques so it is hard to establish a relationship. To be honest, even if there was a local store it would be difficult. I don't wear scarves and their other bags don't really appeal to me. I suppose if I bought up enough of their other accessories and let it be know that I would buy a bag if available - but it seems like a long shot.

I have seen many on the pre-loved market, but am afraid to take the leap since I am not sure I would be able to validate the authenticity and many of the trusted resellers are asking 8-10k+, I feel like it is 2 risky. I am honestly not even sure how much a new one should cost, but at least I would be certain if I bought it a boutique.

Octo2005

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Madam Bijoux - You have an amazing collection, thank you for sharing. I love that even your bags have bling!

Any advise for others looking to start a collection?

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CareBear , I use Lexol PH wipes to clean first, and usually use Meltonian (since mine is Chevre and clemence) to condition the leather. When it gets very dry (or very dry spots) I use Skidmore's restoration cream. This can also be used for Box leathers to minimize scuffs - I got this tip from a Hermes leather care expert during a trunk show.

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CareBear , I use Lexol PH wipes to clean first, and usually use Meltonian (since mine is Chevre and clemence) to condition the leather. When it gets very dry (or very dry spots) I use Skidmore's restoration cream. This can also be used for Box leathers to minimize scuffs - I got this tip from a Hermes leather care expert during a trunk show.
Thank you for the maintenance tips!

Thanks @CareBear, I wonder why that is?
It's worth a try , but I was really hoping to keep him out of the loop on this one.;)2 He much prefers the answer "yes, it was expensive" without knowing all the details:lol:
Probably because the SAs get countless women asking everyday? I've heard of cases where the DH/SO was offered something but not the girl, in the same store (Paris I think)! I felt the same way! I wanted to find the bag myself and was a slightly miffed that he was the one that scored one. But not miffed enough to refuse! DH likes to joke that it is because he has made purchases before (ties and such), whereas I had not (at the time of purchase). Not true because it was purchased on holiday, and the SAs didn't know him from a hole in the wall. :P2

Last edited:

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CareBear , would you be willing to share what H you / your DH scored? Curious minds wants to know!

I know I said I was considering letting go of my Hs, but I just saw a gorgeous blue sapphire B with ghw on the streets and damn...that bag is gorgeous!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CareBear , would you be willing to share what H you / your DH scored? Curious minds wants to know!

I know I said I was considering letting go of my Hs, but I just saw a gorgeous blue sapphire B with ghw on the streets and damn...that bag is gorgeous!
Yes of course! I have a B30 Rubis in Togo with PHW. Here are two photos I took the during initial unboxing.:lol::lol::lol:

cb-birk-small.jpg cb-birk-small-2.jpg

You mentioned you don't use your H's anymore? What are you carrying instead, if you don't mind me asking? I actually don't use my B much either, less than 5 times total. I prefer bags with shoulder straps. But every time I see one in a yummy color, I covet! But I'll probably NEVER get offered one, so no dilemma there! Btw, I have the same Chanel CF with GHW! :love::love::love:

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium

BS is stunning in a B! Would you do a smaller size like a 25/30?

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
osh, where even do I begin?!! I am a huge H fan. I have around 30 scarves, lots of slgs, shoes, jewelry etc.

I also have two birkins (both 35 Togo, one in noir and the other Etain), one Kelly 32 sellier in Epsom Rouge Casaque and two Jige (noir and gold)
68765861-A7B9-4DC5-90B3-7D5373AFFDD9.jpeg

BFB6C4A0-3DAA-49D8-BD33-594C4338E21D.jpeg

13A7EAE3-7A21-4D5F-B6CE-139B8F88F00D.jpeg

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness @Madam Bijoux :love:
Sorry to thread jack, but do you happen to have a thread on your beautiful ruby and diamond ring and your diamond riviera necklace?

Thanks again everyone! RosieR, sorry, I don't have a separate thread for the rubies or the diamond riviere.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Madam Bijoux - You have an amazing collection, thank you for sharing. I love that even your bags have bling!

Any advise for others looking to start a collection?

Thank you for the kind words, Octo2005! I buy the colors that jump at me.

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@CareBear , your rubis is GORGEOUS! :love: Do you find it easy to match? I love how well H does bright colors! I tend to schlepp a lot - and my 35B clemence is heavy to begin with. My kelly is very light since it's Chevre, but not made to carry heavy stuff. Like you I love shoulder straps (more practical) and I end up using the Chanel flap the most!

I think the challenge is I have a hard time matching it to my dress / life style. I am now very casual, and I always associate Bs and Ks with being dressed up!

@kama_s , I might try to find a kelly since it's more practical with the shoulder straps. Oh gosh I love their colors. And your collection is !!!!! How do you find the etain color, is it easy to match?

Oh god this thread has revived my H monster all over again...

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@CareBear , your rubis is GORGEOUS! :love: Do you find it easy to match? I love how well H does bright colors! I tend to schlepp a lot - and my 35B clemence is heavy to begin with. My kelly is very light since it's Chevre, but not made to carry heavy stuff. Like you I love shoulder straps (more practical) and I end up using the Chanel flap the most!

I think the challenge is I have a hard time matching it to my dress / life style. I am now very casual, and I always associate Bs and Ks with being dressed up!

@kama_s , I might try to find a kelly since it's more practical with the shoulder straps. Oh gosh I love their colors. And your collection is !!!!! How do you find the etain color, is it easy to match?

Oh god this thread has revived my H monster all over again...

I LOVE Etain! I actually wanted Etoupe, and when it finally came in, my SA said she also wanted to show me Etain. I told her not to bother, but she insisted. I ended up going home with the Etain! It’s shxh a chameleon colour, light grey in natural light and darker grey in ambient light. I also find it very close to a true grey in Togo.

Also, I wear my B/K casually all the time! I literally live in jeans! Birkins are casual bags and meant to be dressed down! K do dress a little more when I carry the Kelly, but only because it’s a sellier in Epsom. Even then, absolutely wear it with jeans as well, just a little more dressier blouse.

Definitely useyour H bags more! They are meant to be work horses! Too pretty to sit in your closet!

Alexiszoe

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@kama_s , I realize over the years practicality for me trumps everything else, hence relegating the B and K in the closet. Maybe I just need to switch to a smaller size (both are 35) so that it's lighter! I wonder if I can rock it wearing yoga pants and running shoes :twisted2: I saw a lady in Palo Alto do it (workout gear and B in hand) so effortlessly, but somehow I can't quite picture me looking so good rocking it!

I love your story about etoupe vs etain, I am glad your SA insisted you look at the etain! It's such a versatile color, and goes well with different seasons. I hope your wait for it wasn't too long! And that rouge casaque is divine :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results