shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies-In-Waiting Part III

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Those are all from faycullen.com, btw....she''s currently donating a percentage of each sale to Tsunami relief. I love looking at the various bands and other antique rings to fantasize about a RHR!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
tybee- we have been "casually" wedding band shopping.. Only to mall stores so i could try on some styles.. I think I know what I want..

Well here are the options..
My number one choice right now.. - The facets eternity band that a bunch of girls have on here..
1957.jpg

Noobie has one, as so several others.. its such a sparkler!

The next choice is the matching band for my e-ring

aj_me1279set.jpg

The third option is something along these lines

000001926.jpg

Only probably thinner (about 2mm)

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Melissa: Thank you... you are all so nice... your story was so funny... go for it girl!
3.gif

Stacy: Can''t wait to see your 3ct too! I am so happy for you!!!

Blueroses: Those wedding bands are stunning. However personally I would prefer #2 as a RHR. I would say #3 is my fav
as a wedding band. And #1 is just precious. As long as your heart desires it!
1.gif

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Blueroses: #4 ring is lovely too... now I can''t decide anymore!
26.gif

Melissa: Love, love, love the rings... the 1st one is gorgeous, the e-ring w/ the matching band is stunning, and the 3rd is sweet

Oh, I am so happy I stumbled into PS. Meeting you all just made my entire day... or I can even say... you have saved me from the pre e-ring crissis. Thank you ladies!
2.gif

Blue824

Brilliant_Rock

Erin: I''m in Riverwoods, heard of it? Deerfield/Highland Park/Northbrook area. Did you just buy a house in central IL or are you finishing up details on your place in Chicago? We looked at condos in the city - so much $$! We still have a while before buying since he''s finishing hiis masters in DC first. But the places are still fun to look at!

Teebee: I know, I just want it to be pretty too. Everyone has their own vision of perfect and so many (maybe TOO many!?) options to choose from! I don''t think I''d be comfortable in a church. My bf has always wanted to get married in Capri''s blue grotto (his mom told me he decided that on his first trip to Italy when he was 7

1.gif
). That''s very difficult, so we''ll probably end up doing a town hall wedding along the Amalfi Coast. Some of the sites are so beautiful with ocean views and gardens. Basically anywhere in Italy would make me happy, I love it there.

Lovely: I think that''s a really cute idea! I''m sure she''d really appreciate it! If you were going to opt not to do presents, maybe just having a girls spa day might be fun too.

Stacy: Your ring sounds amazing! That''s too cute that he was so excited he had to show it to strangers.

I like the idea of that women''s xmas....we should try to instate that in the US!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hiya girls! Nice to have you back, Ginger!! Sorry to disappoint you
2.gif
but I knew it wasn''t coming. HOWEVER...... he said something tonight that really made me think it might be coming sooner than I expect it. Like, in the next two months. So who knows..... it will all be perfect no matter how or when it happens, but I just get BUTTERFLIES when he drops hints like that!!!!!!!!!!!
6.gif
9.gif

He HAS to stop the pre-e teasing or I swear I''m going to have heart palpitations!!

Welcome heartsonfire! I''ll get you on that list asap!!

MS, I love those bands.... especially the Facets, no surprise there
3.gif
... and blue, those bands are just a work of art on their own. I love that delicate filigree work, just amazing. I am so jealous for all you girls moving along with the planning and I''m DYING to join in on the fun!!!!
3.gif
If he''s messing with me I swear I will kill him in his sleep!!!
9.gif

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
gingerBcookie
goldengirl
cute330xigrl
1215n
LaurenThePartier
jenwill
denverkat
psuheather
twinkletoes
ootthibo
pokerface
blueroses
madarski
VAgal13
aeli
Morticia
icekid
LuvthatSparkle
Kberly
KimberJEB
kit0110
Queenofhearts
Dodger Gurl
honeynut
stacy11101
Erin
Dani
appletini
lovey
LittleOne
Shay
Croi
happysnowbunny
dancinbaby
AMALEEKEL
razza21
Binki
NoonersMom
blue824
kellypooh24
ammayernyc
SJS1234
jennyt
sistagrl2004
teebee
IslandDreams
katrina_33
Molson
heartsonfire
Blue Chica

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh don't worry, GG, for me it's just more eye candy and drooling at this point!! You may very well be crossed off the list before me!! I guess I've temporarily exhausted my e-ring browsing and have just found a new way to torture myself
41.gif

But aren't they pretty!! I love the detail and filagree too.....I just have no idea how one would look against the kind of ring I think I want. But who knows....I keep changing my mind!

No palpitations!! Deep breathing
2.gif

p.s. Melissa, I think my choices among your band options are ranked as follows: 1,3,2. Esp the facets one!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, and as to what I''ve been eyeing lately.... thanks to sistagrl, this:
9.gif

ChristinaSolitaire.jpg

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, GG, that is SO pretty!!!!

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I think it''s awesome too!
9.gif
But who knows...the way he''s talkin now...he could have already ordered the ring and my mind-changing does me no good...
31.gif

njc

Brilliant_Rock
Blueroses - i LOVE that last band you put up.
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
I too have been thinking about sapphires in my wedding band. Diamonds and sapphires just look SOOOO nice together, i also think it will complete the antique look my ering has. I love Fay Cullens site and a lot of her rings have that saph/diamond combo. I am DYING to go w-band shopping, but fiance says hes still in e-ring shock!
9.gif

Welcome to all the new ladies!
35.gif

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
HeartsonFire -- I LOVE that Ritani E-ring you posted -- it''s one of my favorites!!! I too saw it first at BBB in Atlanta, and my boyfriend and I both fell in love with it. I also love the one with pave around the center stone, but I don''t know if they will be able to create a nice version for my almost square cushion cut..... He''s going to give me the diamond in a plain band for starters, then we''re going to finalize our setting choices (together) after the fact -- so no rush on that right now, just collecting ideas.

Blueroses -- I LOVE those wedding bands you posted!! wow. soooo pretty! Where are they from?

GG -- I''m SO excited!!! TWO MONTHS!! wow, that''s NO time!!!!!! fingers crossed!!

Croi -- YES, I want pictures too!! Do you have your dress yet? can''t remember, sorry!!!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
blueroses.. yeah.. the second band.. its not that "pretty" in and of itself.. but it matches my e-ring and i like the way it looks like it sits really low so that the setting of my ring will still show..I would be SO sad to cover that up. Its also slightly curved so it would sit flush. Not that that is super important to me.. A very thin eternity band should be almost as low.. but ti doesn''t fit together QUITE as well. I think that the matching band, once my size.. would still cover at least the width of my finger in diamonds..so the look might not be that different. I will have to try one on to decide.

I still love love love the eternity band the most though.

rfath

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/6/2005 4:14:36 PM
Author: heart prongs

rfath -- I teach in Danvers (yes, I had to work today)
29.gif

I was working yesterday too.. filled my poor boots up with water on the way home. I *hate* wet feet!

Danvers was an interesting place.. the horses would still be there, but it''s just too expensive to keep them that close to Boston.

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Melissa Sue- hmmm. If it were me, I'd get the matching band for now..then for a special anniversary, maybe I'd hint for the eternity band. Then you could have BOTH
2.gif
. To answer your earlier question, my GF (the no-shower gal) got married 3 years ago. Thanks for your suggestions everyone, I'm going to talk with her sister and set up some type of small surprise soiree!

Blueroses - those bands that you posted are so pretty. I love that faycullen site. The second one you posted (with the flowers) would make a GREAT RHR. I likey.

Stacy- your BF is absolutely the CUTEST. I love the story about him showing off your ring to ladies at the cheesecake factory! lol!

GG- That is one glamorous setting. I love rings with a square back and have tried on a few. Before we finally decided on a setting, I had it in the back on my mind that I wanted a square back ring..classic modern design and very comfortable to wear.

heartsonfire - FYI there is a poster (nyc_guy) on rocky talky asking questions about the legacy ring. hmmm. Did you see the hand shots on pricescope? They are in the show me the ring folder. too gorgeous. There are two styles. I like the one with the 3 bezels on the ring profile. oh I don't know.. I love em both!

I left my laptop open last night and my BF read through all of our posts while I was sleeping. So, of course I had to hear about it this morning. He doesn't 'get it'...
20.gif
! Oh well!!! Have a great day ladies
9.gif

ps. it's FRIDAY! 13 more days until Leon finishes the ring! Oh I hope my BF won't torture me with waiting... it's already been 10 YEARS..........................!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy Friday, Ladies! It''s going to be a lovely weekend here in Dallas . . . I can''t wait to drive around with the top down! My best friend also bought a new convertible, so we''re going to be having a top-down weekend!

BlueRoses - I love those Fay Cullen rings. I am also a huge sapphire fan, and when I saw that baguette sapphire eternity band, I fell in love! I think I may have to pick something like that up for my wedding band. . . but we have to get to the proposal first.
2.gif

teebee - I''ve been reading about the Thorncrown Chapel and it seems like a perfect place for your wedding. If it wasn''t in the Ozarks - seeing as how my entire family is in California or Vegas - I would be tempted to check it out for ourselves.

As for good news - I just checked with USPS and my new setting for my RHR is here! It''s in Plano and en route to my house. Good Lord today is going to crawl by until I can pick it up! My jeweler is only open on Saturdays, so if he can mount the stone and size the ring for me, the earliest I could have it is probably by Wednesday. I''ll be sure to post pics when it''s done! My stomach is in knots hoping it''s not terribly ugly seeing as how it was an Ebay purchase . . . but for $232.50, as long as it''s really 14k WG, I''ll be happy!
9.gif
I''ve attached the pics from the thread I found it in . . .

ae_12_sb.JPG

b3_12_sb.JPG

kanne

Brilliant_Rock
Lauren that''s so exciting!

All this picture posting makes me want to join. Here''s a pic of me and my honey
2.gif

thehowells.jpg

Croí

Shiny_Rock
morning ladies
wow, you have all be typing like nuts! brilliant ! I am going to miss ye when I''m home, I''ll try to get on at least once if I can find the time. Note: Finding the time means not sleeping ! I do a lot of that when I go home, never enough hours in the day !

welcome back Ginger ! your comments made me laugh - had to send it on to my love so he could read that I''m the "cutest" hee !
9.gif

I am a photofreak so there will be loads of photos - believe me - LOADS of them. You''ll be sorry you asked !
3.gif
I''m thinking of setting up a group (maybe on yahoo) once I get back from home in two weeks so I can post pics of the locations etc. Any of you who''d be interesting in signing up for the ride for the following twelve weeks of mayhem would be more than welcome to come join, read, chat, whatever. I can''t really put everything up here and I''ll be looking for loads of input on all sorts of stuff and I won''t be ''in-waiting'' anymore then either; so I may need to find a new ''home''.

I''m so excited to go home, (I''ll be there two weeks from today !) that is when it''ll all start to be real. When I see the locations (and hopefully choose one) and meet the photographer etc. All of that stuff will make it so real !

SJS - about the dress - I have no dress to speak of, not even a notion about it really. I am so into the day and the family/friends/decorating/food/music but can''t seem to get into the ''me'' part of it. I have a dress my sweetie bought me for my birthday that I love and that I hope to use as a template design for the bridesmaids dresses - and I''m actually leaning now towards doing mine the same, but just in cream. That might sound strange, to have the same dress as my bridesmaids but I''m hoping my sister (the one I now know is pregnant) will make them (with my Mom''s help) and if I keep them all the same, it''ll be easier for her. *shrug* I am really not in the least bit interested in going to boutiques and looking at or trying on dresses. I guess I just don''t feel that they are me. I have loved quite a few of the dresses you girls have posted but I have just not ever been through this wedding thing, even as a girlfriend to a friend. My best friend here, she first married in Vegas, then had a church wedding in Ireland and wore her mother-in-laws dress (modified - the mother-in-law has no daughters). My sister is a teeny thing and thus made her own dress. I have no other close friend with whom I''ve been through the wedding thing and close family (cousins etc.) are all at home and though I managed to get there for several of the actual weddings, I haven''t ever been there for the getting ready. Truth is, I don''t have anyone to really go to these stores with me and it seems really pathetic to go on my own. It''s not a big deal though, it rarely occurs to me to actual go SHOPPING for a dress - ........... hmmm, I''m weird huh ??
25.gif

welcome to heartsonfire ..... you''ve found the right place for sure !

that''s it for now.
1.gif

oh, no it''s not. I had a thought ... (dangerous I know
23.gif
)
what if two of us got engaged on the SAME DAY ??!?!!! wouldn''t that be wild ?? I mean, it''s not impossible and there are enough of us here that it could happen. I think there should be a pact or something that if it ever happens, we two then HAVE to meet in person - just have to !

well, that''s it from my strange little brain for now !
3.gif

katrina_33

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone!

Heartsonfire - have you seen the SMTR post with TONS of pics of the endless love setting (the one you love, not the one with the pave "frame")? I know you''ve seen it in person already anyhow, but it''s always cool to see tons of really close up pics from different angles.

Speaking of which, do most of you guys feel that it''s imperative to see a setting in person and try it on before you order? I do in a way, but at this point I''ve seen so many settings in person and tried on (in the jewelry district in LA, just to get ideas about what looks good on me) that I think I can pretty much estimate how something will look on my hand. Still seems risky though! But there are a lot of settings I like that aren''t sold near me. And, it''s not like even a jeweler who carries Tacori (just for example) has every one of their styles in to see. Too many options!!!!!!!

I think it''s interesting that so many of us have been through major breakups and then ended up back together with the person we''re now going to marry! My boyfriend and I broke up big time about 6 months ago (after I was already living there). To make a long story short - I ended up staying and we worked through it. As much as I was miserable (like, not holding food down) for those few days when it looked like it was over, I''m so glad we went through it now. It makes me feel like we''ve made a deeply conscious choice, really examined our priorities, and fought to stay together, not like we''re still together because everything''s just been easy and smooth. We''ve both really struggled with it, and still come back to "no, it''s worth it to be together even though it takes a lot of work."

Just my 2 cents...

I was just thinking last night - I don''t know why I''m so antsy for him to say it''s time to buy the ring, because I still have NO IDEA what the heck I want!!! If he was ready to go, and asked me what I wanted, I''d say "Well, I either want a round in an antique style setting that makes it look square, or I want a round on a really thin pave eternity band, or I want a round with a pave "frame" around the center stone, or I want a modern cushion (or perhaps cushette) in some kind of setting I''m not sure of, or I want a fancy yellow radiant with white sidestones" AHHHHHH!!!! I''ve been looking for months, and I am no closer to knowing what I really want. Cause I REALLY want them all!!!!!

I''m actually hoping that when we get in to discussing the details he''ll have a strong opinion one way or another. That will help me narrow it down at least. I bet if he does, it''s that an engagement ring should be a round diamond. He said that once early on in the process. I don''t know why he feels that way, but since a big part of me wants a round diamond, it wouldn''t be so bad if he stays narrow-minded about it I guess.

OK, time to shut up and go work!!! Sorry for the rambling post!

SJS1234

Shiny_Rock
Croi -- I don''t think any of your dress ideas are strange at all!!! Even though shopping for a dress can be a fun and memorable experience, it can also be a big pain in the rear-end! :) And I love the idea of you wearing a cream colored version of same dress as your bridesmaids! AND of course if your sister could make them that would be even better!!!!!! I''m up in the air about what to do myself, since I''ve been married before, had the big wedding, the big dress shopping experience, etc. - and I''m just not sure what I want.....not a big priority for me -- at least not as big as last time! CAN''T wait to see the promised TONS AND TONS of pics!!!!! We can handle it!!

blue_chica

Shiny_Rock

Hello All,

I found this site while pursuing my new favorite pasttime - browsing diamonds and rings. ;-) Anyway, I thought you ladies might have some badly needed advice for me. I don''t know what has happened, but I seem to be getting more and more obsessed with the idea of my boyfriend proposing and it''s starting to get me down and I don''t want to go much further down this road of wanting something so badly, because I''m afraid I''ll start pressuring him and ruin the feeling, or start questioning our relationship.

We''ve been together for about a year and a half, have had many conversations about marriage, rings, etc. I would say it seems inevitable. However, he first started giving hints that he was going to propose last June (our anniversary is July 4th). It didn''t happen, but I didn''t really worry about it, I was ok with that. Then in Sept. he actually suggested I go to look at rings with my best friend to see what I liked, and report back (I didn''t want to go with him). I reported back and then forgot about it. I was not thinking about it until Dec. Some sort of switch seemed to get turned, and I sort of got myself worked up with anticipation, was discussing it with friends, thinking it would be around Christmas or NYE. Nope. We actually had a conversation about it coming back from Christmas at his parents house (BTW - his mother told him engagement rings are a waste of money, she doesn''t have one. He told her maybe so but I want one and that''s enough for him. What a sweetie!). He said he wanted to propose, but also wanted to pay cash for the ring after saving up for it. Now, he has a lot of family money, has a nice big fund which has enough money for a ring, a house, and whatever else, the lucky bastard, but works at a non-profit for a rather low salary, so it would take FOREVER to save up for it. We''re definitely not talking this year in that case. His theory is that using the family money makes it less of a genuine gesture...is too easy. While I respect the sentiment, I will not wait for that to happen - we have been talking about buying a house next Aug, both really want to do it, but I won''t do it unless we are engaged (and preferably married).

I have been spending too much time looking at rings, daydreaming. I have been talking about it with friends, and bringing it up with him too much. I don''t want to pressure him, and I don''t want to start making up reasons about why he isn''t doing it. He is in the interviewing process for a different job (much higher paying), and I wonder if maybe he''s waiting for that, but if much more time goes by I''m going to be nuts. I don''t want to have bad feelings about this process - I don''t want to feel like "finally" when the ring comes, ya know. I realize I haven''t been waiting all that long, not years. It''s just the amount of talking about it, and the going to look at rings has made it all seem very concrete, like a done deal except for the actual proposal. I am used to being in control of decisions, and am a planner. It''s KILLING ME to just sit here and wait. Everything about it bothers me, except for the romance of the proposal, and the sense of them putting themselves out there.

I have considered one option. I have some issues with the inequality of the engagement ring tradition, so I went and got a very expensive watch. I planned to give it to him when he proposed, so that we''d both have something new to look at all day. I am thinking at this point that maybe the ring isn''t so important, I just want to be engaged and move to the next step that I feel comfortable proceeding with the house, etc. I am thinking of proposing to him on Valentines with the watch. Then if he wanted to get me a ring, that''d be nice but no deadline would be ticking. Part of me thinks, though, that I''d miss getting proposed to. I wouldn''t want to regret it, you know, have a little pang when anyone else talked about theirs. On the other hand, he''d be SO suprised, and the look on his face might be worth it. One other concern with me proposing, since this all seems like it could be any time (and yet has felt that way for 6 months), I would feel so bad if he had something planned and I proposed, thus leaving him feeling disappointed.

ACK. I am not like this normally, can''t handle it! Advice, anyone?

ps. The idea of him proposing with an inexpensive ring that he could save up for quickly doesn''t work for me. Having now gone looking at diamonds and such I think I''d just be disappointed with an inexpensive one. I know, I suck.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, blue, it sounds like you could be my twin! Our anny''s in September and we started talking rings back in August. So I really, truly, understand the impatience that grows out of a lengthy wait!!
11.gif

I know it''s hard, but here is what I would do: relax until your anny again this year. If nothing happens, say something along the lines of "Hun, this time last year you started talking about rings and engagements. I''m just wondering, are we still heading towards that and if so, what kind of timeframe are we talking?"

I know 6 more months is a long time to wait! If that just seems too hard, maybe you could wait until after he''s started this new job. Or after Valentine''s.

By what you''ve said, I wouldn''t propose to him. I think you would miss having a proposal of your own. Hang onto that watch--maybe tell him you have it, but he can''t wear it til the Big Q.
2.gif

Welcome to the board and I''ll get you on the list asap!

.....................So I found out what all the sneakiness was about the other day. It had nothing to do with a ring, but I still loved it. Suffice to say he got "52 Days of Romance" cards in his stocking for Christmas (thanks Santa!
2.gif
) and the first card we pulled was "for his eyes only" so last night I got to find out what it was all about. He put a lot of work into really making his card a showstopper.... including a special secret trip to the local adult store!
31.gif
So now I''ve pulled a card and I have one week to execute its instructions. Have any of you gals done anything like this with your honeys? He was such a good sport and he made it so much fun I''m really looking forward to doing these!!
1.gif

On the ring front, I said to him last night (and I had to shush him several times during my little "speech" because he kept trying to interrupt me!) "Hon, if you want to get married September ''06 I need the go-ahead to start planning by August/September of THIS year, so I can get all my fall decorations on sale after the season. This DOES NOT mean I need a ring OR a proposal, I just need you to give me a thumbs-up to start *really* planning, ok?" When I''d finally managed to get it all out, he gives me this intense look and says "Honey, DON''T WORRY ABOUT IT."

Sounds promising to me!!
9.gif
31.gif

twinkletoes

Shiny_Rock
Happy New Year!

I have a little dilema.

On ivanadiamon''s suggestion to check out the local jeweler to see Michael B rings in person I mentioned wanting to go there earlier this week to my boyfriend. The good news is that my boyfriend suggested last night that we stop by 23rd Street Jewelers tomorrow afternoon after he finishes things he needs to get done for work. Yay!

The dilema? Well, my boyfriend insists a plain tiffany''s style settings are the best and they really let the diamond stand out. I agree, but what I want isn''t too far off that. I just want micropave diamonds or small shared prong diamonds on the band. It''s not that I want crazy side diamonds or anything, but I really love the feminine, delicate sparkle of small diamonds all around the band as well.

On one hand, I want him to be happy with his purchase for me but on the otherhand I kind of feel that he should get me a setting that I love. My mom thinks I shouldn''t be picky and that I should let him buy me whatever he wants. But the fashionista in me wants a certain style thats perfect for me. I raised the issue last night, and I''m afraid I came off sounding a bit spoiled.

Is it wrong to want something in particular? Should I let him buy me something he likes and I only think is "ok"? Maybe let him get me the plain setting and then change my setting some time down the road? But then, what if it doesn''t match my wedding band? argh...

I''d say yes to him regardless of what style setting of course. I''m just torn I suppose. I''ve suggested finding a style I like and having it recreated in the LA diamond district or online vendor for cheaper, but he doesn''t seem to want to go through the effort or the time. And I know he wants to surprise me.

*sigh* I don''t know what to say/do/think about this. I''m excited, but a bit sad too...

Croí

Shiny_Rock
hey SJS - thanks !!! sometimes I feel not ''bridal'' enough ........... then again, it makes sense you don''t want to do that same rigmarole again. I haven''t ever done this before but I still know the big white wedding isn''t me ! that''s what makes the world go round I guess !!

blue-chica !!
whoa ! catch your breath honey !!!! I don''t know what to tell you. My story is - we looked at rings in Oct. (twas a disaster!) I started looking at dates, decided May 1st this year is PERFECT (for lots of reasons) and I''m in the middle of planning all the wedding details and I still haven''t been proposed to and I don''t have a ring ! He promised he wouldn''t let me ''standing there'' so that''s all I need to know. The rest is icing on the proverbial cake.
Having said all that I know this ''phase'' you''re in. You just want to be engaged. WE ALL DO !!!!
1.gif

I was in a total panic this past Monday (when I realised that if this goes ahead, I''ll be getting married in sixteen weeks !!!!
23.gif
) and now I''m completely fine and actually amused that I''m doing things arse-backwards. This turn of events has made a HUGE difference to me; I''m really enjoying ALL of this now. Even though I''m not engaged and almost everyone has no idea I''m planning my wedding, I''m kind of enjoying it. My best pal here knows (and a few others - wanted them to have time to put in for time off) but otherwise it''s just me doing my thing, by myself. I don''t know if you are into the being engaged or into getting married but if it''s getting married, then go ahead and start researching. Let him know you''re doing it. Then he''ll know you are serious ''there'' and ''in the zone'' and that he needs to pull his socks up.

I can''t help you on the ring part. I am not pushed about the ring (I love Mark Morrell''s three prong best of all but if I can''t have it, so be it ! it''s the MAN I''m mad about, not the bling) and I''m not saying this is your only focus (naturally you love your bf) just that I want to be ASKED, ring or no ring - that part isn''t important.

My advice - lowly though it is - is to start your research. Tell him you are excited and want to start planning for this (never can be too early) and that you''d like him to be part of the process too.

I thought of proposing to my Peter but decided against it. He''s very traditional and I know he has his heart set on asking me. I told him to get his skates on or I WOULD ask him and I think he knows I might ! hehhe
2.gif

Try to enjoy knowing it''s coming. Once it''s here you don''t get the anticipation time back.

*defrazzlinghug*
C

Croí

Shiny_Rock
GG
I''m laughing - mine doesn''t say "don''t worry about it", mine says "relax" ........ just as cool as a cucumber !!! (damn him !)
but then he says "have I ever left you down ?" and he hasn''t .......... so it''s all GOOD !
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Oh my goodness ladies, there''s just too much to reply to!!

Croi, I love your attitude, and there''s no one way to go about this--I think everything is going to work out perfectly and it will be perfectly "you"!!

Welcome blue chica....you have come to the right place!! This list has been a godsend for me the past couple months. (My bf (of 8 years) missed his self-appointed proposal deadline of my 30th bday in JUNE and here I am almost 7 months later....so it''s a hard place to be, but fun to do LOTS of research....) We''ve only been talking engagement for around a year, so it''s not like it''s been 8 years of waiting, but there''s no timeline for this--we all know how you feel! Welcome!

GG, that sounds FUN...naughty santa
2.gif
That''s great that he reassured you--sounds to me like you will have a proposal well before the year-out that you need.

Twinkletoes, I''d be kind of sad too! I think what you guys need is to look at things in person and come to a compromise--you''re not hoping for something so elaborate and different--just a LITTLE more detail than a traditional 6-prong. Don''t listen to your mom on this one--YOU''RE the one who will wear it! I mean, of course the important thing is the committment between you two, but you don''t want something you''re just "ok" with on your hand for the next decades.

Thanks everyone for the deco band comments--aren''t they pretty! I recently have been very taken w/ sapphire bands too, njc and Lauren--they are so yummy! (SJS, they are all from faycullen.com)

Lauren, what is the center stone for your RHR like?

Not sure who asked about a Ritani setting for their cushion....sorry! From what I have learned on PS, I''m not sure that Ritani will use someone else''s stone in their setting. But a sq. cushion would look amazing with that kind of pave border....that was my original ring fantasy before I found asschers, and I still love cushions. Do a search for Reena (a graduate lady!) and you will see incredible pics of her pave/bead-set cushion--very deco, custom made.

Melissa, I like the idea of a low-sitting band....I bet if I saw a hand pic of your set I would love it....your e-ring is so pretty I understand not wanting to detract from it.

Lovey, I agree--a perfect RHR, right?! WHAT did your bf say?? My bf has checked out our thread a coulpe times to see what I''m saying
6.gif
but in a good way....I think he understands my anxiety and excitement, and thinks it''s cute, but of course he doesn''t get it. OMIGOD, the Leon countdown is ON!!!!! I can''t wait to see it--will he make you wait for a long time, or do you think the proposal will come when the ring arrives? After 10 years, it''s time!!

Hope this weekend might bring some crossing off for someone on the list (won''t be me!!)

21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results