shape
carat
color
clarity

Labs/MMDs Wish List

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I searched and could not find a similar thread dedicated for Labs/MMDs, so let's play and take me down this rabbit hole even further! :lol-2:

I have contemplated having Moissy versions for these items, however, Labs/MMDs are within my reach (within reason), and thought, why not?!

In no particular order, all in WG:
  1. Stud earrings, anything, like snowflakes, hearts, drawing pins, no more than 12mm in diameter (I have one pair on order, 6-stone Marquise flower design, my first lab/MMD purchase)
  2. Earring jackets with larger stones than the ones I currently have for my near 1cttw studs
  3. 2cttw MRB studs for my larger earring jackets
  4. A pair of pears about 8 x 5mm to be set as interchangeable drops with my huggie earrings
  5. A 1ct OEC as a ring
  6. A DBTY bracelet with 13 stations with 4-5mm MRB stones
  7. A 1ct heart as a ring, with a deep pink CS halo (I shall post the inspiration pic later, as I cannot attach existing pics that I have already uploaded to PS in a new thread)
  8. A 6-7mm MRB to be set as a pendant that I have in mind (I'll post the inspiration pic later)
The above are all realistically achievable for me over a period of time. :))

The following are more dreams in the sizable lottery-win territory :Up_to_something: :lol-2: :
a) A 4-5ct heart as a single pendant
b) Whatever is the minimum size of an Octavia that Yoram would accept as a custom project, either as a ring or a pendant

Fans of labs/MMDs, please let your desires run wild and post your ideas and projects, thanks in advance.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The WF heart ring that I love:

The MRB pendent(s) that I have in mind:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I have left on my wish list is 2cttw earring studs. Everything else I am lucky enough to already have in mined diamonds.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I have left on my wish list is 2cttw earring studs. Everything else I am lucky enough to already have in mined diamonds.

Lucky you!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd love a heart shaped diamond in a very high color set in a rose gold bezel on a rose gold chain. I'm nervous to do any custom work though.

I would advise finding a bench and test it out with a Moissy first, before spending more on a lab/MMD.

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Fun! Reminds me a little bit of this thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...reset-projects-are-you-thinking-about.257042/

When Bloomie’s was having the deep LB sales in the spring I was dreaming up tons of projects — an eternity band with the 0.25ct blue rounds, maybe a three-stone ring with cushion cuts. I almost pulled the trigger on their pink halo earrings. But honestly I tend to wear the same simple pieces every day, or no jewelry at all, so I decided to finally make a PS account and chat about jewelery instead of collecting a bunch more pieces I wouldn’t wear.

Right now I’m keeping an eye on this ring (I don’t have any rose cut diamonds):
https://www.newworlddiamonds.com/co...s/diamonds-ring-455558?variant=29550627422275

And toying with the idea of two bezel-set tennis bracelets. And of course I’m keeping up with the 2ctw stud earring conversations on this forum! I just had a 1ctw pair made from LB stones during the Bloomie’s sales that I’ve been wearing everyday. I thought about going up to 2ctw at that time but settled on 1ctw and I’m really happy with that choice. They are a perfect size for me for daily wear and I love them.

hmr_mama

Brilliant_Rock
Fun thread!

I’m 99% sure my next diamond purchase will be a mmd. I’ve already been in contact with Jon at Distinctive Gem for an AVC in the 7.5mm range. I have a verragio halo that’s in need of a stone. I can’t really feel good about dropping $20+k on a mined diamond for a date night ring.

BUT this rabbit hole that is PS has me dreaming about all kinds of MMD projects. A solitaire pendant (even though I never wear necklaces). An asscher from Yoram, perhaps; or maybe just a giant asscher from Yadav. I have been loving this recently undiscovered (to me) section of PS!

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2.5ct Yoram Asscher in a matte-finish Tension setting
2.5ct Yoram / Karl Octavia in a matte-finish Tension setting

Preferably at Lightbox $800/ct pricing...

Preferably in something like Neissing settings...

What's that you say? Keep dreaming? :???:

:(

:lol:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As the lyrics go in Happy Talk from South Pacific:

Happy talk, keep talkin' happy talk,
Talk about things you'd like to do.
You got to have a dream,
If you don't have a dream
How you gonna have a dream come true?

If you don't talk happy,
And you never have dream,

Then you'll never have a dream come true!

DK :lol-2:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A blue nuanced lab stone in OEC, cushion, or a slightly elongated asscher.
I do wish there was a way to filter for HPHT diamonds so that I could find the blue nuance faster.

Have you tried rare caret? They have lots of filters.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They don't seem to have it.

I believe GIA? IGI? have just been lobbied by the industry to remove 'blue nuance' from grading reports :rolleyes: so it's going to make it even harder now :evil:

molecule

Brilliant_Rock
I believe GIA? IGI? have just been lobbied by the industry to remove 'blue nuance' from grading reports :rolleyes: so it's going to make it even harder now :evil:

I like enough blue nuance that you can tell from the side, so that's not much of an impedance for me. I do worry for people who unexpectedly receive a blue-tinted stone considering how many people are horrified at the concept of fluorescence.

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
My list:
- 2 ctw lightbox stud earrings. I'm fine with waiting since I won't have funds until next year
- tennis bracelet or something similar to the diamond sprinkles by Tiffany's
- 18 inch necklace with diamonds every 1/4 inch

Unlikely list:
- 2 ct royal asscher or Octavia ring
- 2 ct heart shaped ring

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Oh don't go there girlfriend...

Short term - Bolo style bracelet with 1/1/5 ct worth of stones, 5-stone or half-eternity band, fancy yellow diamond.

Long term/Lottery win - a bigger Asscher, an Octavia, ideal cut 3ct MRB, 2-3ct AVC.

Sigh...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like enough blue nuance that you can tell from the side, so that's not much of an impedance for me. I do worry for people who unexpectedly receive a blue-tinted stone considering how many people are horrified at the concept of fluorescence.
+1 to all of this!

Hiding blue nuance by stopping it being mentioned on grading reports makes it out to be a bad thing, whereas it's just a property of the stone in question - it's neither good nor bad until someone tries to show it as one or the other.

(Much like Fluor.)

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Would it be weird to have a diamond RHR? I don't want it to overshadow me E-ring, but at the same time, with lab diamonds becoming so affordable, I can't help but create so many plans for rings in bigger and bigger sizes. Haha.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Would it be weird to have a diamond RHR? I don't want it to overshadow me E-ring, but at the same time, with lab diamonds becoming so affordable, I can't help but create so many plans for rings in bigger and bigger sizes. Haha.

Not at all! If you would prefer not to have a solitaire as a right hand ring, you could do a 3 stone or a fancy shape in a bezel or a halo of mmd diamonds around a color stone, etc. Lots of options!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Im.going to be reading this thread with much interest and in the hope to learn
I have a 3 stone ring that i got for a really great price - my one really great trade me (NZ ebay) win
the middle stone had been replaced with a blue topaz - which im enjoying despite a window - but i dream of putting the centre stone back in
I got quoted 4k 3 years ago from the mall store it originally came from
any way plenty of time - have to safe up first
Have to work out what size it is and then the best option of getting it here as lightbox don't ship to NZ
i like the idea of getting it in a Stirling silver necklase so i can rehome the topaz as i do really love it

Then i would love to buy at least a carot for a solitar - and i don't care what hand I'll wear it on - all those fingers belong to me ! It would be a princess cut

I have a few other projects in mind so im keen to get a couple of pairs for side stones or centre stones for my coloured genstone wish list

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I am a lucky lady, since I was able to get my desired size RB in MMD for my ER, in ideal proportions and cut, for what I feel is an amazing price.

I have a 1/2 carat tw pair of MMD studs from Loop, and just added my very first OEC moissy studs (6mm, as my ears are smaller, with multiple piercings) to my everyday set.

I’ve dropped the hint that I would love a pair of royal blue diamond studs, and I think my husband *might* have ordered them from NWD for Christmas. Probably the 1/2 ctw.

Wish list...

A large, 2+ carat deep vivid blue diamond, either MRB or pear for a RHR, haven’t decided on a setting.

An Ascher for either a pendant or a ring

I am still getting used to the OEC cut moissanite, and I love the look of the cut in the studs. Not used to the ring yet, but it’s in a bezel, and also a bezeled halo, so the cut pattern is somewhat obscured. I think that I would like an OEC in MMD eventually, for an antique bezel set ring. But I might go with an actual antique mined OEC.

Rose cut MMD- round, for a two-toned bezel set ring.

Some itty bitty colored diamond studs, if & when I ever get my 4th & 5th ear piercings again.

A colored diamond (undecided) in a mokume gane bezel slider pendant.

So... let’s keep playing lotto! I actually think many of these projects will be affordable over the next 6-7 years, as the technology improves and prices go down.

More sparkles for everyone!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@sparklyshrink not weird to have a diamond RHR at all, and wear one myself, either a small EC or the larger EC.

I wear a ring on my left hand, either on the ring or middle finger, usually with a CS centre stone or a pearl (I am divorced).

However, I quite like the idea of having a 1ct heart or OEC in lab/MMD to wear on my LH finger.

I have posted in another thread that I would not want my lab/MMD collection to over-shadow my earth-mined diamond collection, which means the biggest stone can only be 1.19ct which is the size of my EC that I bought for myself as a 40th birthday present some years ago.

The exceptions will be the large 4ct+ Heart and the Octavia which are strictly in the dreamland/big lottery win territory!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I wanted 2 carat each (4ctw)lab studs but I want (high color) OEC studs and so probably going with mined diamonds for that. Though I cannot get 4ctw OEC studs for what I’m willing to spend. So I’ll compromise on size.

Maybe one day I’ll get a big MRB lab diamond since I have none now. But I just don’t know. I’m still processing how I feel about them.

I love all diamonds.❤ All shapes. But at heart I’m an old cut girl. For me, no other diamond beats an authentic old cut. Something about them that makes me swoon.:kiss2:

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for the replies all! I see more and more rings coming my way in the future, hah.

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
Love this!

When they are eventually back in stock, I’d like the 2cttw Lightbox studs. I wear their 1cttw stud earrings every day and I’d like a “special occasion” pair to dress things up.

Tennis bracelet- will go with mined or lab depending on what’s out there, but looking at that in 2021 or 2022.

Eventually I’d love a 3ct or so emerald cut solitaire with a simple YG band. Maybe in a few years, esp if prices continue to improve.

I do have a confession- when I was picking out my long awaited engagement ring upgrade, I went under budget with my mined pear ring- honestly it’s better for me to have something not TOO big for daily wear, and it’s perfect for me. But part of me really loved ideal cut MRBs, and halos, and all the gorgeous things I’ve seen on this site! With the remainder of my budgeted funds for my upgrade I spent some time on rare carat and picked out a warm, 2ct MRB lab diamond with ideal specs and it’s on the way! I hope it works out (went with With Clarity and they have a good return policy).

Last edited:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I may add a small round cluster slider pendant to the list, however, I am likely to go down the Moissy route first to get a small affordable one to see if I like it first, before I take the plunge to get a bigger one in lab/MMD.

dvj

Shiny_Rock

@AprilBaby, white 2 ct stud earrings from lightbox are on sale right now at bloomingdales. 25% plus 15% of with email signup code. Maybe you could get these?

Calling out
@FL_runner and @dizzyakira with the same news. 2ct lightbox studs on sale on bloomingdales today

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results