shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab version of a dream ring + David Klass, Ouros and Tianyu reviews

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
I've always wanted a (mined) green or (lab) blue diamond with a double halo, one pink and one colorless with shapes other than rounds. It's shameful how many versions of this ring I have saved on my Instagram but I think this was the one that started it all:

I decided to move forward with this project in January 2020 (was that a decade ago??) but put the brakes on when it became apparent I should save my little pennies. Fast forward a few months and I saw some blue diamonds from Tianyu on Instagram. On a whim I inquired about the largest one they had (why not?) and was shocked by the price. I knew it wasn't the most saturated blue they had and probably wasn't the BEST version I could find, but the price was right to give it shot. (2019 me never would have taken the risks detailed in this post but 2020 me appreciates life is short and apparently risk‐taking increases under boredom.) :oops2:

the blue diamond:
Ella from Tianya was as helpful as I think anyone could be providing pictures, videos and information but I knew it would be a risk to purchase from a Chinese vendor where returns would be difficult from the US. For those interested, I communicated with her only through Instagram DM and paid via PayPal. The transaction was painless and shipping was fast.

Stone in hand, I had to decide on a design. The least risky choice I made at this point was to contact David Klass. He created my last project (a somewhat complicated ring-dant) and I wanted at least one trusted and US vendor in the mix. I discussed a couple of designs with him but ultimately settled on a halo of hearts and ovals. Sadly at this point I had to drop the pink halo when David let me know that ring would be 25mm wide :lol:. He also didn't have a source for lab hearts in the sizes required but luckily I had a vendor in mind.

Enter Vijay from Ouros Jewels (https://www.etsy.com/shop/OurosJewels?ref=simple-shop-header-name&listing_id=740836295). I had seen his "size-wise" line of diamonds and messaged him to see if he could give some assurances about the diamonds coming back in the sizes listed and matching in color. He was kind and patient and I truly believed him when he said he would make sure that I wasn't going to be disappointed. Once again, 2020 me took the risk and ordered the stones (from India this time).

Within a couple weeks I had the stones back from Vijay and they were BRIGHT. None of my other diamonds are E/F in color and I noticed the difference right away. The cut also seemed good so I was pleased with that experiment.

IMG_5873 (1).jpg IMG_5876.jpg

David, as always, is a master and completed the ring exactly as I wanted. Here is his Instagram glamour shot:
... and here are my less-glamourous shots:
2.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg

specs: 2.34 carat lab blue - 7.64 x 7.13 x 4.72 mm
4 lab hearts - 4.7 x 5.2 mm
4 lab ovals - 4.5 x 3.2 mm
platinum ring

I'm super pleased with the results but the only problem is now I want an eternity ring with Vijay's stones and I'm supposed to be on a bling ban! I think the biggest eye-opener I've had from my first lab diamond experience is how easy it was to get stones ordered "to size". I don't know how I would do this for mined diamonds and they wouldn't be at the same price points as Ouros. It certainly makes these fun projects more attainable in my eyes.

Thanks for reading!

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
I saw your ring on DKJ's page, it is so beautiful with great finger coverage. The hearts are a nice touch too. That blue ❤❤
I am impressed with the colored diamonds from Tianyu. Enjoy

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
I love it so much!! It’s beautiful! What a dream ring. Congrats!!!!

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
I saw your ring on DKJ's page, it is so beautiful with great finger coverage. The hearts are a nice touch too. That blue ❤❤
I am impressed with the colored diamonds from Tianyu. Enjoy

DK + Tianyu seems to be a winning combination for us! I was looking forward to seeing how your ring turned out when you posted the loose and I love it. You turned me on to the yellow as well :mrgreen2:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is amazing!

It looks like a flower :) and the metal work looks excellent, alongside the overall design!

Thank you for posting! :))

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
DK + Tianyu seems to be a winning combination for us! I was looking forward to seeing how your ring turned out when you posted the loose and I love it. You turned me on to the yellow as well :mrgreen2:

Your ring is so dreamy. I love it. I haven't worn any of my other rings since I got mine. DK does amazing work, I am thinking of getting studs in blue. Decisions decisions.....

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Have you ever seen this Cartier ring from the movie Lust Caution?
Your ring remind me of it. It’s just so beautiful!

1604026793734.jpeg

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
So beautiful and unique! Absolutely lovely- enjoy your ring and wear it in good health!

GreenPapaya

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, it's stunning! Wear it in good health!

Goodness, now I want a French cut purple/ lavender lab diamond wedding band. But first I need to reset my ER. Is David Klass contact on his IG account?

I came to this site several years ago to get inspiration to reset my ring and just end up buying more jewelry instead. Your ring is gorgeous! I am focused again lol

123ducklings

Brilliant_Rock
Oh wow! That ring is really a work of art! Enjoy it in good health! (And thank you for sharing the vendor reviews too!)

Sparkles88

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh my goodness, your ring is beautiful! Enjoy your new sparkler!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

DK :kiss2:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks @missy! You are up late too :)

Haha no, I am awake for the day. I woke at 2:30AM and that was it for me. My hours are the opposite of most everyone else. I cannot seem to get into a "normal" time rhythm. So I am falling asleep by 9PM and usually awake by 3AM and up every hour during that time. :/

Hope you are going to sleep soon and have sweet dreams.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one killer ring! :love: I love how you used both hearts and ovals in the halo. It’s gorgeous AND had awesome finger coverage.

Side note: This has kinda made me want a lab pink / blue diamond.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is one killer ring! :love: I love how you used both hearts and ovals in the halo. It’s gorgeous AND had awesome finger coverage.

Side note: This has kinda made me want a lab pink / blue diamond.

Do it!

yesyesyess.gif

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I love that shade of blue so much! More pictures please when you are able. I would love to see it in some different lights!

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
Have you ever seen this Cartier ring from the movie Lust Caution?
Your ring remind me of it. It’s just so beautiful!

1604026793734.jpeg

I hadn't seen that but it's gorgeous. I'm a big fan of haloing colored stones to make them pop.

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
Wow, it's stunning! Wear it in good health!

Goodness, now I want a French cut purple/ lavender lab diamond wedding band. But first I need to reset my ER. Is David Klass contact on his IG account?

I came to this site several years ago to get inspiration to reset my ring and just end up buying more jewelry instead. Your ring is gorgeous! I am focused again lol

PS is dangerous that way!

Good luck with David Klass - I'm sure he'll knock the reset out of the park.

Do you have a source for purple/lavender lab diamonds? I'm interested in all the colors.

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
I love that shade of blue so much! More pictures please when you are able. I would love to see it in some different lights!

I love your shade of blue in your avatar as well! I'm hoping for nice weather so I can get some outdoor shots.

mission_frisson

Rough_Rock
Your ring is so dreamy. I love it. I haven't worn any of my other rings since I got mine. DK does amazing work, I am thinking of getting studs in blue. Decisions decisions.....

To threadjack my own post... are you thinking about blues from Tianyu? It's curious to me how Lightbox blue diamonds are a different shade than blues from other vendors. I'm sure there's a science/reason behind that but I'm not sure what it is.

Myshinybestlife

Shiny_Rock
To threadjack my own post... are you thinking about blues from Tianyu? It's curious to me how Lightbox blue diamonds are a different shade than blues from other vendors. I'm sure there's a science/reason behind that but I'm not sure what it is.

I love how saturated the tianyu blues are. I dont think the lightbox ones will give me what I am looking for.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results