shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab or moissy sides? Traps or crescents?

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hi, asking fellow sisters here if anyone knows where to buy MMD or moissy sides. Am looking for traps and crescents. And a few questions:

- pros/cons of MMD vs moissy sides? Has anyone tried both and which one did you prefer or would recommend more?
- where to buy from?
- anything I should look out for when buying them (cut, color, etc)

And if you can share pics I’ll be most grateful.

Also, does it make sense to get the setting made in China or India along with the stones? Then I can just plonk my stone into the setting? Has anyone tried that?

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Hi, asking fellow sisters here if anyone knows where to buy MMD or moissy sides. Am looking for traps and crescents. And a few questions:

- pros/cons of MMD vs moissy sides? Has anyone tried both and which one did you prefer or would recommend more?
- where to buy from?
- anything I should look out for when buying them (cut, color, etc)

And if you can share pics I’ll be most grateful.

Also, does it make sense to get the setting made in China or India along with the stones? Then I can just plonk my stone into the setting? Has anyone tried that?

Hi - not sure where you are based. But if you're looking for ready-cut lab sides you should check out Neo Lab Diamonds - out of Toronto. They have an Instagram page with some of their stones and are really responsive to requests. The best tip I can give you, having recently gone through the process of buying lab sides, is ask for videos and mm measurements.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hi - not sure where you are based.

Hey! Thanks for replying. Am based in Singapore. Is there a thread where you mentioned your experience where I can go and do more reading :)

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Hey

I don’t have a post up for the custom cuts, yet. They are part of a larger project. As you are based in Singapore maybe check out Fiorese Jewelers Official. Simon there is lovely and may be able to advise on custom lab cuts.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Hey

I don’t have a post up for the custom cuts, yet. They are part of a larger project. As you are based in Singapore maybe check out Fiorese Jewelers Official. Simon there is lovely and may be able to advise on custom lab cuts.

Thank you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results