shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab grown pear diamond!

dsring1

Rough_Rock
I am new to Pricescope and have began my diamond search! We have decided on a lab grown diamond but have found it to be difficult to decide on a stone. The pear is going to be set in a rose gold halo. I am willing to drop down in color because I do not mind a warmer stone as long as it does not look brown in the setting. I also am worried about a very stark contrast between the F-G halo stones. What are your opinions on these stones? Or just general recommendations for me :)

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am new to Pricescope and have began my diamond search! We have decided on a lab grown diamond but have found it to be difficult to decide on a stone. The pear is going to be set in a rose gold halo. I am willing to drop down in color because I do not mind a warmer stone as long as it does not look brown in the setting. I also am worried about a very stark contrast between the F-G halo stones. What are your opinions on these stones? Or just general recommendations for me :)

Welcome to the forum! :)

I cannot get the BE site to work on my computer - I get to the Cookies thing that overlays the page, but there are no buttons to press...

The CleanOrigin stones look pretty good to my (amateur) eyes - chunky faceting and no apparent bow-tie (although the video setup won't be the same as James Allen or any other vendor, so it's hard to compare). They look to have a touch of tint to them, but that might be my late-evening screen settings, lol.

Not much help, really - I'm sorry! :D

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
I strongly recommend you choose a G or better color for lab diamonds. Here's a comparison of two lab diamonds (both CVD grown) side by side. One is a G, the other an E color. Once you get to H or I color in lab grown, they're simply brown.

sprinklesparkles

Shiny_Rock
With pears, also, you'll see higher concentrations of color in the point vs rounded end. Personally I love fancy colored pears for that reason, but heads up!

elizat

Ideal_Rock
Brilliant Earth has received some less than stellar reviews. I'd really research it before you buy there and see if you are comfortable. I don't like the cut on either of the BE options. The pointed end is kind of a mushy faceted section to me. I would want to see more images if you were to consider those.

Does Clean Origin offer you static photos as well as the 360? I think that is also important. I think you need more information before you purchase those.

Pears do hold more color in the ends. There can be a concentration. If that is a concern, I'd not drop down to below a G for a pear.

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
I strongly recommend you choose a G or better color for lab diamonds. Here's a comparison of two lab diamonds (both CVD grown) side by side. One is a G, the other an E color. Once you get to H or I color in lab grown, they're simply brown.

Not to hijack.. just wondering.. antiquey candlelight like a K or like BROWN? I'm a super fan of K...

Ada Diamonds CEO

Rough_Rock
Trade
These are really pretty. I love the uniqueness.

Are K colored lab created diamonds typically that brown?

Thank you! I love esoteric fancy colored lab diamonds.

Once you get higher than G color in lab grown, the tone/hue/palette can vary significantly- yellow, brown, gray, or pink. IE one K color may look completely different from another K color from the exact same grower.

All of the diamonds in the videos were graded as fancies, and all would likely get higher than K color if graded as colorless.

Voldemort

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I love esoteric fancy colored lab diamonds.

Once you get higher than G color in lab grown, the tone/hue/palette can vary significantly- yellow, brown, gray, or pink. IE one K color may look completely different from another K color from the exact same grower.

All of the diamonds in the videos were graded as fancies, and all would likely get higher than K color if graded as colorless.

Perfect. :) Thank you so much. I saw one K that was the sweetest lightest pink, just like you mentioned (and I should have jumped on it). I have a natural K that has blue flouro and faces up nicely white and I love it. I've always wanted a good size K. I appreciate the more colorless diamonds/and lab created diamonds but I'm an antiquey candlelight color girl :)

Very informative, I appreciate it!

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Everyone, a reminder that trade members may not promote their own items. Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results