shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab grown french cuts.....are they out there?

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I was wondering if some of the lab grown diamond vendors can chime in....if I wanted a French cut eternity band, could French cut melee be readily sourceable or require custom cut and hefty premium? Would it be less expensive to search for French cut eternity bands in the second-hand market?

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty sure Tianyu do French cuts. I don’t know if they’re any good tho. Not sure about any others.
I’m currently planning (and should get on with buying) a French cut 7-stone band using silver spinels. I had a bit of a look for French cut lab but I’m keen on something a little different so hopefully spinel works instead.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Yes I saw both enhoerning and cecile ray designs had lovely silver spinel frenchies!

I would be curious about lab ones as well...mined are just so cost prohibitive

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Caysie from CvB said she’s working on sourcing some. She said the smallest French cut squares in lab diamonds are 2 mm, yielding a band approximately 2.5 mm wide.

That is exactly the width I’m looking for!

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Unfortunately, Caysie said she wasn’t able to get the French cuts. She’s still trying, though.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm finding that smaller stones in unusual shapes- such as Frenchies- are quite rare- and when you consider the prices, the motivation to cut specialty lab grown stones in small sizes isn't really there
....but things are changing rapidly....

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock
I'm finding that smaller stones in unusual shapes- such as Frenchies- are quite rare- and when you consider the prices, the motivation to cut specialty lab grown stones in small sizes isn't really there
....but things are changing rapidly....

Not to thread jack but I thought I saw that Stuller is now offering emerald cut lab grown diamonds for eternity bands. Just thought that was interesting.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m pretty sure Tianyu do French cuts. I don’t know if they’re any good tho. Not sure about any others.
I’m currently planning (and should get on with buying) a French cut 7-stone band using silver spinels. I had a bit of a look for French cut lab but I’m keen on something a little different so hopefully spinel works instead.

I bought them finally (from Cecile Raley) and they're on their way! will post pictures once they arrive.

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
Noemie also has a few options for LGD eternities (such as baguettes) but sadly, no French cuts. Hopefully, @Rockdiamond is right and things will change soon.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Baguettes and emerald cuts are common. French cuts not so much.

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can make French cuts from baguettes can’t you? They couldn’t have a high crown (I assume you lose too much material?) but they’re a shape that is adaptable if there’s no alternative?

Mlh

Brilliant_Rock

I get that....The conversation just reminded me that I read that about Stuller.

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can make French cuts from baguettes can’t you? They couldn’t have a high crown (I assume you lose too much material?) but they’re a shape that is adaptable if there’s no alternative?

Hypothetically you could trim baguettes but without the high crown I don’t think they’ll have the “Frenchie” personality. It would still look like a baguette band

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Bumping up this thread and checking to see if any vendors are now offering Lab grown French cuts?

@foxinsox , have you received the french cuts you ordered? Can you please post pictures? Thanks!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bumping up this thread and checking to see if any vendors are now offering Lab grown French cuts?

@foxinsox , have you received the french cuts you ordered? Can you please post pictures? Thanks!
Hi! I sure did and I finally got the ring made too

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Hi! I sure did and I finally got the ring made too

@foxinsox It’s beautiful! At that size the silver spinels look just like diamonds! And has that same metallic quality that French cut diamonds have. I do worry about wearing a non-Diamond gemstone day to day. Off to check harness of spinels!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@foxinsox It’s beautiful! At that size the silver spinels look just like diamonds! And has that same metallic quality that French cut diamonds have. I do worry about wearing a non-Diamond gemstone day to day. Off to check harness of spinels!
I have worn this ring every day since I got it. It’s so wearable! And it stacks really well with my wedding set. The stones are really pretty and sparkly.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ouros currently has 3 French cut stones listed in their Etsy store.

DK :))

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
13337CCD-92C3-4385-A92E-A64212C800E8.gif

im outta my league here :lol:

however - I cannot resist giving an opinion.
Strictly from the pictures what I can see
( have no experience with this vendor nor their material)

Your link three looks best to my eye.
Your link two looks like a fantasy cut.

:lol: at your GIF!

Thanks, Rfisher. I think I see what you mean. Very likely there's no guarantee that I'd get the exact stones in the photos, so there's a chance they'd end up looking more like link 2 than link 3.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #3, with the culets. That's the main difference but it makes a huge difference!

Thanks, ForteKitty! Can't believe I didn't notice the culets before. Toggling back and forth I see now what a difference it makes. Do you think #3 is overpriced?

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, ForteKitty! Can't believe I didn't notice the culets before. Toggling back and forth I see now what a difference it makes. Do you think #3 is overpriced?

I honestly have no idea what lab pricing is like these days. I've only purchased lightbox labs.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results