shape
carat
color
clarity

Seven silver spinels (try saying that quickly)

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
About 6 months ago to celebrate my new job, I bought 7 2.7mm square french cut Burmese silver spinels from Yvonne Raley. I dropped them off to my jeweller about 4 months ago to be made into a band. With one thing and another (small lockdown, loads of work early morning meetings and I, er forgot) I’ve only just been able to pick up the ring I had made with them this week!
I had given him the bar set french cut band that CJ Sako makes as one of the inspirations but had asked for whether they could change the gallery, or if not, do different engraving, milgrain between but somewhere along the way, that got lost and what I’ve got is effectively a copy. (I feel a bit conflicted about this because copying that ring was not my intention!)

Despite that, I am still really happy with how the spinels look set - unset, they had quite a distracting X pattern in the middle of the stones but setting them seems to have stopped that from showing up and they are the loveliest colour - silvery most of the time, sometimes faintly lavender and sometimes faintly pink!
I had intended for it to be a RH ring but it somehow suits my wedding stack just as well and I find I’m wearing it on my left hand a lot too. I am enjoying the extra presence it has with the greater width and bright gold.

E8083A4B-A88D-46AC-9447-678500A73C1E.jpeg
45667BDA-1C78-4DE0-853B-4481F41C34CE.jpeg

A9EC4CA1-09FF-4848-91F8-32AA3044DF94.jpeg

At the same time, I had my toi et moi ring converted into earring dangles because it was a ring I just never wore. I am loving having them as dangles because they’re super sparkly and the movement is subtle. I was going to get proper dormeuse backings but because I didn’t know if I’d like wearing dangles (two playful cats made me worry about snagging them) I went with just standard sleepers for now.
03CDB838-DECC-4FCC-82A0-9BA7F0483C2D.jpeg

Last edited:

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Such pretty stones!

Love the earrings too - I bet they twinkly beautifully in low lighting :kiss2:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring! Such pretty stones!

Love the earrings too - I bet they twinkly beautifully in low lighting :kiss2:

Thank you! They really do.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
The color is something so subtly special. I would love to see video. :love:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They're both lovely! The bar setting setting suits the french cuts perfectly. The earrings look amazing and I bet they're really flattering (but my heart broke just a little when I read you'd split up your toi and moi - I loved that ring!).

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're both lovely! The bar setting setting suits the french cuts perfectly. The earrings look amazing and I bet they're really flattering (but my heart broke just a little when I read you'd split up your toi and moi - I loved that ring!).

Thank you! I loved it too but I never wore it! It will rise again but probably with bigger stones in collet settings and as a middle finger ring ☺️

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. Though it may not have been your intention, I think I stacks beautifully with your wedding ring too. :love:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring came out super nice and looks great as a stacker! Is it yellow gold or white gold? The dangles are beautiful too!

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful additions to your jewelry wardrobe. Love the ring (on either hand!) and the earring drops!! Enjoy!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your new ring and earrings are beautiful! Congrats on your new job as well !

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s beautiful. Though it may not have been your intention, I think I stacks beautifully with your wedding ring too. :love:
Thank you! It definitely wasn’t my intention but I have been loving how it stacks there so.. I might have a new daily LH stack :lol:

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring came out super nice and looks great as a stacker! Is it yellow gold or white gold? The dangles are beautiful too!
Thank you - it’s yellow gold. I’m loving the warmth of it

oncrutchesrightnow

Ideal_Rock
Each one is beautiful. Love how the earrings and the ring are understated-interesting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results