shape
carat
color
clarity

Lab grown five stone?

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
I’m looking for a five stone lab grown wedding band to pair with my solitaire. The solitaire is from Vrai and although I am also not thrilled with the tint (which you can’t see in this picture but presents with a brown tint in certain lighting) I’m keeping the ring and diamond. I might regret that decision, but we will see!

Ive looked at five stone lab diamond rings on brilliant earth, James Allen, ADA diamonds and some others.

IF it existed I’d be looking for a five stone lab diamond band with claw prongs but I think that’s a pipe dream, lol.

if Anyone has a five stone lab diamond band could you please share photos and the vendor it came from?

here’s a photo of my set and I’m open to suggestions.. I put on my friends five stone to get an idea of what it would look like.. this one is a one carat tw natural H i1 3ex band.. I think I’d want to go to 1.25 or 1.5.. and I need a low setting

3CAA450F-275D-42D7-B544-96D77D480384.jpeg

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
Have you checked out Ouros Jewels on Etsy? They definitely have a seven stone prong set and the vendor is always happy to do custom work.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
Have you checked out Ouros Jewels on Etsy? They definitely have a seven stone prong set and the vendor is always happy to do custom work.

I’ll go check them out right now! Thanks!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I was going to suggest them as they do a lot of custom work with their own supply of lab stones.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
I just emailed them and got some quotes from Vijay.. have you worked on a custom project with them specifically? 2ctw 5 stone round lab diamond g/h color SI1 or above in platinum with claw prongs for $2k.. thoughts on that kind of purchase with them? @monipod do you have an opinion too?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I worked with Vijay on a Moissy project via his other shop (Golden Bird) that did not work out.

However, I have ordered a pair of inexpensive lab earrings from him via his Ouros shop, currently waiting for them to arrive.

He asked if I wanted push backs or screw backs, and I responded that I am hoping they will be push backs as that's what the photos in the listing were showing, and there was no option to specify which ones I wanted!

See how it goes.

DK :))

RockFox

Shiny_Rock
I just emailed them and got some quotes from Vijay.. have you worked on a custom project with them specifically? 2ctw 5 stone round lab diamond g/h color SI1 or above in platinum with claw prongs for $2k.. thoughts on that kind of purchase with them? @monipod do you have an opinion too?

Hi @Laura Zacheus Vijay recently custom cut a lab diamond pair for me - which turned out quite well. I have one ring from his other shop and the quality was very good. He is very accommodating and always tries to work with you to perfect things.

I also know via another forum that someone recently made a sizeable purchase from him for an oval solitaire and they were very happy. If you are unsure perhaps test it with a smaller purchase and see how you feel.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
I worked with Vijay on a Moissy project via his other shop (Golden Bird) that did not work out.

However, I have ordered a pair of inexpensive lab earrings from him via his Ouros shop, currently waiting for them to arrive.

He asked if I wanted push backs or screw backs, and I responded that I am hoping they will be push backs as that's what the photos in the listing were showing, and there was no option to specify which ones I wanted!

See how it goes.

DK :))

I’ll be interested to see those lab studs if you don’t mind sharing a picture when you get them! $2k is substantial for me so I am wary going custom with a relatively unknown jeweler. It’s a lot of faith to have, lol.

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
Hi @Laura Zacheus Vijay recently custom cut a lab diamond pair for me - which turned out quite well. I have one ring from his other shop and the quality was very good. He is very accommodating and always tries to work with you to perfect things.

I also know via another forum that someone recently made a sizeable purchase from him for an oval solitaire and they were very happy. If you are unsure perhaps test it with a smaller purchase and see how you feel.

I’d love to see any photos of what you have. It’s a fairly large amount to trust in a good outcome.. I’m going to search for that other thread you mentioned! Thank you!

mrsthirdcharms

Shiny_Rock
I got a small, 1.8mm white gold ring from Vijay with 8- 1mm lab diamonds inset. I posted about it on Fabulous Fashion jewelry forum in reply to another posters thread about Golden Bird. I asked him to make the ring unplated, to match an unplated white gold piece I had. It came plated, but he made it right. He redid it as I originally asked, and paid for the return shipping of the first ring. I recommend him.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
@monipod do you have an opinion too?

I haven't as yet but a lady on here got a custom lab stone cut by him and she's very happy, and his Etsy reviews are pretty good. I would proceed with confidence. I'm thinking of getting a bolo style bracelet done with lab stones :D

Lauralei101

Rough_Rock
So I’m going to try out Ouros.. here’s the first CAD.. I messaged him back and asked if there’s a way to keep it low set but expose more of the diamonds to light.. and I sent him a picture of my ering and asked for the claw prongs to be similar so they match.. any feedback or thoughts are appreciated! 5082D206-BC80-4E72-8A68-D3C64080C1CA.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results