carat
color
clarity

Lab Emerald Is here

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Here she is

Found her on Rarecarat by Astor.

She’s a J VVS2. She looks warm in certain lighting for sure but not awful. There’s some leakage but not awful. I feel ambivalent about her. Do you like her?

image.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the last video she looks lovely but in the still and the other video she looks very tinted.

RJLongLong

Rough_Rock
Looks lovely in the first video with that lighting, and I really like her cut. Would look incredible in a yellow or rose gold setting, maybe a brushed gold?

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
I think the facets are pretty but it is warm. If warm isn't what you're going for I would return it. You shouldn't keep a stone that you just feel "not awful" about. If you have those feelings now, they'll probably get worse in time.

BrownGinger

Shiny_Rock
I think the facets are pretty but it is warm. If warm isn't what you're going for I would return it. You shouldn't keep a stone that you just feel "not awful" about. If you have those feelings now, they'll probably get worse in time.

I think you’re right. If you’re not thrilled then it will get worse with time.
That being said, I think it’s pretty.

sparklyshrink

Shiny_Rock
I think it's so pretty and would look amazing in yellow or rose gold. It's definitely a warmer stone but looks very nice IMO. If you're going for an icy white look then I think it's obviously not that. But it is a beautiful diamond and would be a stunner set in a warmer metal.

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s very very pretty! I agree, yellow or rose gold would be very nice. This wouldn’t look good in platinum or white gold, in my opinion. I personally love warm stones.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
In the last video she looks lovely but in the still and the other video she looks very tinted.
It’s exactly like you said. Her clarity and cut is beautiful and she will be whiter in certain indoor lighting. That’s when i just love her.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock

Your absolutely right. But she is pretty in cut and clarity that I’m just so torn and the price is so good.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I think it’s very very pretty! I agree, yellow or rose gold would be very nice. This wouldn’t look good in platinum or white gold, in my opinion. I personally love warm stones.

I wonder if a halo setting can hide her body color.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I wonder if a halo setting can hide her body color.

If you colorless instead of J/K in the halo it will only bring the color out more. Someone recently picked up a K diamond and put in a white halo to embrace the color- I think the effect was much nicer than trying to make a K look white.
Honestly, if you’re already brain storming ways to make it look whiter, than J may not be the color for you. Can you order a G or H to get a little comparison before you have it set?
The first lab diamond I ordered was a J; in some lights it faced up fine but it others, it straight up looked like it had a golden hue (which I wasn’t going for). I found that H was as low as I could go, however a MBR shows less tint than an emerald so you may want to consider a G if you’re looking for a white diamond.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I’m being offered another one. This one is H VS1.

Do you guys think it will face up dark?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the shape of your original stone and the color doesnt bother me, however, if that is leakage in the center that would
bother me. It's hard for me to tell from the videos. In one video it looks like leakage but in the last video, it looks fine.
Feel ambivalent about a stone is not good though so I suggest you pass....which I'm assuming you are considering since
you posted a new stone.

Not sure how I feel about the new stone. The center looks like it's flashing but there is a step under the edge of the table that
goes dark face up. May or may not be an issue.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
I like the shape of your original stone and the color doesnt bother me, however, if that is leakage in the center that would
bother me. It's hard for me to tell from the videos. In one video it looks like leakage but in the last video, it looks fine.
Feel ambivalent about a stone is not good though so I suggest you pass....which I'm assuming you are considering since
you posted a new stone.

Not sure how I feel about the new stone. The center looks like it's flashing but there is a step under the edge of the table that
goes dark face up. May or may not be an issue.
Thank you for your input.
It’s exactly as you described it. I love it in some lightning specifically when the light enter on the side of the stone instead of straight up because then I see the center light up.
The new one seems to light up in all steps but that center does has a lot of darkness presumed from the black camera used.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results