shape
carat
color
clarity

L.A. Jewelry Store Looting (Video)

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laws will be changed on how police restrain arrested people. It's already happening, as I saw on the news today.
The protesting has brought about this change.

But because of the recent looting, there will be more of a police presence in the future.
Which is only going to cause more clashes between protesters and police.

The looting is mob mentality and a crime of opportunity. One guy smashes the window on a business, and the rest just stream in to take advantage of the situation.
To say that it is somehow the manifestation of 400 years of suppression is a stretch.

Unless it’s a revolution. And maybe that’s what we are all missing.

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
I actually think as an outsider it's Trump's fault it came to this, if he had taken a stance when George Floyd was killed and said that the police officers actions were unacceptable and he was going to do everything in his power to ensure justice for the Floyd family and for all black Americans it would have gone a long way to stopping what we are seeing now.

Instead your leader is a moron who inflames hatred and violence.

That is exactly what the media wants you to think.

He did denounce it - it happened Monday, video made public Tuesday, Trump announced Wed he had asked for a full, expedited investigation.

499839-trump-asks-doj-fbi-to-expedite-probe-into-george-floyd-death

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

He did denounce it - it happened Monday, video made public Tuesday, Trump announced Wed he had asked for a full, expedited investigation.
Uhhuh.gif The left wing media.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock

499839-trump-asks-doj-fbi-to-expedite-probe-into-george-floyd-death

He says all manner of 'things'.
He said George would be happy about his job numbers/economy.
He also retweets the trashing of George Floyd's character; not to mention all the CS and white supremacists/holocaust deniers and Q freaks. He's also had flags added for glorifying violence on his Twitter along with the new fact checks after lying about voting. He also said to ingest disinfectant.... ad infinitum.

tinatark

Shiny_Rock
He says all manner of 'things'.
He said George would be happy about his job numbers/economy.
He also retweets the trashing of George Floyd's character; not to mention all the CS and white supremacists/holocaust deniers and Q freaks. He's also had flags added for glorifying violence on his Twitter along with the new fact checks after lying about voting. He also said to ingest disinfectant.... ad infinitum.

Funny how people can read/hear the EXACT same thing so differently.

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
597F4E95-4E5B-46E6-8540-68E1E08CC5F5.png

Protestors Criticized For Looting Businesses Without Forming Private Equity Firm First
“Look, we all have the right to protest, but that doesn’t mean you can just rush in and destroy any business without gathering a group of clandestine investors to purchase it at a severely reduced price and slowly bleed it to death,” said Facebook commenter Amy Mulrain, echoing the sentiments of detractors nationwide who blasted the demonstrators for not hiring a consultant group to take stock of a struggling company’s assets before plundering. “I understand that people are angry, but they shouldn’t just endanger businesses without even a thought to enriching themselves through leveraged buyouts and across-the-board terminations. It’s disgusting to put workers at risk by looting. You do it by chipping away at their health benefits and eventually laying them off. There’s a right way and wrong way to do this.” At press time, critics recommended that protestors hold law enforcement accountable by simply purchasing the Minneapolis police department from taxpayers.

Last edited:

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think as an outsider it's Trump's fault it came to this, if he had taken a stance when George Floyd was killed and said that the police officers actions were unacceptable and he was going to do everything in his power to ensure justice for the Floyd family and for all black Americans it would have gone a long way to stopping what we are seeing now.

Instead your leader is a moron who inflames hatred and violence.

@arkieb1 , let me respectfully disagree with you. While I 100% agree about the current leader in general, 1) when he says something, he says it the wrong way, and 2) at the same time, no president can stop the looters, with any words.

In 2015, West Baltimore was burned after the horrible incident with Freddie Grey. It was not Trump yet anywhere to be seen?

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel that looting - in comparison to the fact that George Floyd died for a $20 counterfeit bill - doesn’t sound right.

I am very angry with his death (as I made myself watch all videos that were available, to understand what exactly happened. You don’t treat any human this way). Positional asphyxia in the LE’s hands has become too common - and I am glad that polices of many cities, including mine, have now banned chokeholds.

However, the process started by the looters might have a negative effect on everyone, including their families.

Supposedly, a super fancy store looted in my neighborhood, might not suffer financially. (Due to COVID, no one was shopping there, and now at least the goods have been “moved”, and probably, insured).

But now the bills come to the insurance companies. They, too, have a certain budget. I have read somewhere - in FB posts, so not too reliable, but something I personally consider - that negative changes in the training of the police had been implemented after insurance companies refused to pay out the premiums to the slain policemen’s families, if there were concerns about the said policemen not having done everything to protect their own lives.

Since most businesses that were looted and burned are middle-class enterprises, the money for the compensations would come from the pockets of the middle class, that is already getting impoverished. In terms of the economy, it is a huge negative hit.

I understand, some areas are so poor that maybe people didn’t even care that they were looting and burning their own places. (It happens that you hate your abode). But what about the dentist who was, for years, providing services to low-income population and whose practice, too, was vandalized? He said he’d never come back.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results