shape
carat
color
clarity

Kwiat vs WF side by side comparison

diamonds_galore

Rough_Rock
Just curious! Has anyone ever compared a WF diamond to Kwiat side by side ? If so, does WF out perform Kwiat or are they equal in performance?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just curious! Has anyone ever compared a WF diamond to Kwiat side by side ? If so, does WF out perform Kwiat or are they equal in performance?

I strongly suspect that WF will outperform Kwiat. I just spent about 10 min on their website, and there are a number of red flags.

1. They say that their "tiara cut" is better/more stringent than GIA XXX, but do not say how. They just insist it's "more strict" (without data or numbers, that's a meaningless claim).

2. They do not show individual pics or stats of diamonds, and seem to insist that people contact them to choose a diamond (zero individual diamonds shown on their website).

Taken together, that's a huge "no thanks" from me.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! And if you look closely, they say on their website that they use GIA Excellent, not Ideal.

GIA only uses "excellent". AGS is the one that uses "ideal". So that doesn't make a difference. But the biggest dealbreaker to me is that you can't choose your own diamond. To me, that means they want to "convince" you about what to buy vs letting you decide for yourself (like WF, victor canera, and the other super ideal vendors here do).

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I agree with everything @lovedogs said.

However, I really like the brand Kwiat and have looked at their jewelry in stores extensively. Its a brand I know well. The quality of workmanship (metal smithing) is extremely high (on par with Tiffany) and the cut of their diamonds and gemstones is also very high (similar to similar minus that of Tiffany in my opinion). The color and clarity of their colored gemstones, like sapphires and rubies, is excellent. (I'm not as big of a fan of their emeralds, but I don't claim to be an expert in colored gemstones, but their emeralds just don't do it for me like the ones at Graff for example.)

That being said, I personally would only purchase a round brilliant from a super ideal vendor like Whiteflash, Brian Gavin, Victor Canera, and Legacy from Continental Diamond because those really are the best of the best for round diamonds. And WF in particular has one of the best upgrade policies in the business which I highly value.

Also, I've found, WF's ACA diamond prices are lower than Kwiat, even though the cut quality is higher.

I just recently completed a fairly large tennis bracelet project with WF. I had also been considering a similar one made for me by Kwiat. There was a price difference of $40K, no joke, no exaggeration. AND Kwiat couldn't guarantee that the melee would be all D color, like I was guaranteed with WF. (I am extremely color sensitive and needed all the diamonds to be one color grade -- yes, I know I'm a freak with color).

My one complaint with the WF bracelet, is their bench did not do a good job with the metal smithing. My bracelet is back in for work to correct the issues, which are many. I will update with how they do. But the team at WF is pleasant to work with, I always feel heard and taken seriously with them which counts for a lot in my book.

Last edited:

diamonds_galore

Rough_Rock

However, I really like the brand Kwiat and have looked at their jewelry in stores extensively. Its a brand I know well. The quality of workmanship (metal smithing) is extremely high (on par with Tiffany) and the cut of their diamonds and gemstones is also very high (similar to similar minus that of Tiffany in my opinion). The color and clarity of their colored gemstones, like sapphires and rubies, is excellent. (I'm not as big of a fan of their emeralds, but I don't claim to be an expert in colored gemstones, but their emeralds just don't do it for me like the ones at Graff for example.)

That being said, I personally would only purchase a round brilliant from a super ideal vendor like Whiteflash, Brian Gavin, Victor Canera, and Legacy from Continental Diamond because those really are the best of the best for round diamonds. And WF in particular has one of the best upgrade policies in the business which I highly value.

Also, I've found, WF's ACA diamond prices are lower than Kwiat, even though the cut quality is higher.

I just recently completed a fairly large tennis bracelet project with WF. I had also been considering a similar one made for me by Kwiat. There was a price difference of $40K, no joke, no exaggeration. AND Kwiat couldn't guarantee that the melee would be all D color, like I was guaranteed with WF. (I am extremely color sensitive and needed all the diamonds to be one color grade -- yes, I know I'm a freak with color).

My one complaint with the WF bracelet, is their bench did not do a good job with the metal smithing. My bracelet is back in for work to correct the issues, which are many. I will update with how they do. But the team at WF is pleasant to work with, I always feel heard and taken seriously with them which counts for a lot in my book.

Oh I can’t wait to see your bracelet! I have been following you on your journey from the very beginning! I was tempted to do the same thing as you but I don’t have the patience! Please post when you are ready.

As for Kwiat, they do have an upgrade policy for their diamond studs and it is exactly like WF. I own a necklace from Kwiat and the diamonds are gorgeous! It is a small cluster necklace, only 3 tiny diamonds, but it is done in a way that when it sparkles, it looks like one solid piece of diamond. You can’t see the prongs at all. This speaks to their craftsmanship! Also, they will price match any of their pieces. For example, when Nordstrom has their anniversary sale, Kwiat diamond studs will be on sale for 25% off. I called Kwiat and they confirmed that they will also honor 25% off too plus they don’t charge sales tax. Again, they do have an upgrade policy. But still, nevertheless, I would lean more towards WF for my diamond studs. If I remember reading correctly, WF offers a 10% discount to PSers or first time customers. That discount pretty much takes care of the sales tax right there!

diamonds_galore

Rough_Rock
@RunningwithScissors sorry one more question! Are you saying that Kwiat is on par with Tiffany as well? I saw their studs in store and I had to wear sunglasses! Never have I seen such sparkle! Does WF perform like that? Or Kwiat?

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors sorry one more question! Are gay saying that Kwiat is on par with Tiffany as well? I saw their studs in store and I had to wear sunglasses! Never have I seen such sparkle! Does WF perform like that? Or Kwiat?

Tiffany store lighting is very strategic. WF and other super ideal stones are almost always better quality and cut to higher standards than the ones from Tiffany (although sometimes there are amazingly cut diamonds from them)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
As for Kwiat, they do have an upgrade policy for their diamond studs and it is exactly like WF.

Are you sure? I highly, highly doubt it is "exactly" life WF.

Can you select any diamond you want to upgrade to, even if it is only $1 more than your original one at Kwiat? Does Kwiat have an extensive online inventory that you can browse ny time you wish, from which you can select your new diamond? Do they provide comprehensive images, including ASET images and 360 videos of all their diamonds? Does Kwiat custom cut a new diamond for you if they don't have one in the specs you want? Sorry, but I seriously doubt it.

diamonds_galore

Rough_Rock
Are you sure? I highly, highly doubt it is "exactly" life WF.

Can you select any diamond you want to upgrade to, even if it is only $1 more than your original one at Kwiat? Does Kwiat have an extensive online inventory that you can browse ny time you wish, from which you can select your new diamond? Do they provide comprehensive images, including ASET images and 360 videos of all their diamonds? Does Kwiat custom cut a new diamond for you if they don't have one in the specs you want? Sorry, but I seriously doubt it.

Oy! What a touchy subject! Please calm down! It is on Kwiat’s website. What I meant was in the case of diamond studs, you can upgrade with no minimum. But yes you are correct, they do not offer what WF does in terms of diamond selection.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock

Sorry in advance for a threadjack! When I was reading this and saw that your bracelet was finished - I was like "OMG SHOW US" but then read that it has been sent back. I cannot wait to see this once the issues are fixed!!!!!! And wow - a 40k price difference. Dang.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh I can’t wait to see your bracelet! I have been following you on your journey from the very beginning! I was tempted to do the same thing as you but I don’t have the patience! Please post when you are ready.

As for Kwiat, they do have an upgrade policy for their diamond studs and it is exactly like WF. I own a necklace from Kwiat and the diamonds are gorgeous! It is a small cluster necklace, only 3 tiny diamonds, but it is done in a way that when it sparkles, it looks like one solid piece of diamond. You can’t see the prongs at all. This speaks to their craftsmanship! Also, they will price match any of their pieces. For example, when Nordstrom has their anniversary sale, Kwiat diamond studs will be on sale for 25% off. I called Kwiat and they confirmed that they will also honor 25% off too plus they don’t charge sales tax. Again, they do have an upgrade policy. But still, nevertheless, I would lean more towards WF for my diamond studs. If I remember reading correctly, WF offers a 10% discount to PSers or first time customers. That discount pretty much takes care of the sales tax right there!

Sorry but you aren't right about the upgrade policy. I attached the Kiwat policy here. The studs have to be bigger or higher color/clarity, and their upgrades for solitaire stones have to be bigger. So it really isn't the same as WF.

Screenshot_20230512_075856_Chrome.jpg

NY_Resonant

Shiny_Rock
Sorry but you aren't right about the upgrade policy. I attached the Kiwat policy here. The studs have to be bigger or higher color/clarity, and their upgrades for solitaire stones have to be bigger. So it really isn't the same as WF.

Screenshot_20230512_075856_Chrome.jpg

To be fair, that upgrade policy is pretty darn good also. Easy to get .01ct more in size after all… The only time WF’s policy is more flexible is if you want to “upgrade” to a diamond that is equal or SMALLER, with same clarity/color or WORSE… and pay a higher price for the downgrade?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Oy! What a touchy subject! Please calm down!

Don't worry sugar, explaining diamond basics to a newbie doesn't raise my blood pressure one iota. I'm simply trying to put diamonds it into a super simple language that you'll understand.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
To be fair, that upgrade policy is pretty darn good also. Easy to get .01ct more in size after all… The only time WF’s policy is more flexible is if you want to “upgrade” to a diamond that is equal or SMALLER, with same clarity/color or WORSE… and pay a higher price for the downgrade?

In my opinion, WF is more flexible (or just plain better) because YOU the customer get to select your own diamond out of their large inventory -- or have one custom cut for you. I love Kwiat, but "ain't no way" I'm letting a random sales associate or customer service rep select a diamond for me for a ring or studs. Un-uh, not going to happen. Maybe if I were blissfully ignorant about what to look for in the cut quality in diamonds, but not after being on PS for years and having completed GIA gemology training. No freak'n way.

And WF isn't the only vendor with a much better trade-up policy. Check out the upgrade program at Continental Diamonds. Honestly, its even better than White Flash. You can trade one diamond for multiple diamonds, or multiple diamonds for one. And you aren't limited to in-house inventory or even round brilliants. You can go from a round to a pear to an emerald cut back to a round again.

I do really love Kwiat, and I have my eye on one of their beautiful sapphire bands. But their upgrade policy isn't the bees knees it may seem on a drive-by examination.

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In my opinion, WF is more flexible (or just plain better) because YOU the customer get to select your own diamond out of their large inventory -- or have one custom cut for you. I love Kwiat, but "ain't no way" I'm letting a random sales associate or customer service rep select a diamond for me for a ring or studs. Un-uh, not going to happen. Maybe if I were blissfully ignorant about what to look for in the cut quality in diamonds, but not after being on PS for years and having completed GIA gemology training. No freak'n way.

And WF isn't the only vendor with a much better trade-up policy. Check out the upgrade program at Continental Diamonds. Honestly, its even better than White Flash. You can trade one diamond for multiple diamonds, or multiple diamonds for one. And you aren't limited to in-house inventory or even round brilliants. You can go from a round to a pear to an emerald cut back to a round again.

I do really love Kwiat, and I have my eye on one of their beautiful sapphire bands. But their upgrade policy isn't the bees knees it may seem on a drive-by examination.

You said exactly what I was thinking. I'm not trying to say that Kwiat's upgrade policy is bad, as it certainly isn't. But it just isn't as good as the one from WF, continental, etc.

diamonds_galore

Rough_Rock
Don't worry sugar, explaining diamond basics to a newbie doesn't raise my blood pressure one iota. I'm simply trying to put diamonds it into a super simple language that you'll understand.

Wrong! Haha!! I have been a PS lurker for years but recently made an account. If you read my previous post closely, it said I have been following you on your bracelet journey for years. Actually I have custom made pieces from a highly recommended vendor here on PS that made my jewelry using PS diamonds. I just chose not to post the pieces I have ;-)

FYI, these studs that I am referring to would be my 3rd pair. I want small studs, around 0.3 carat each. At that carat weight, there is not much difference in price between Kwiat and WF. But that’s off the table now. Yesterday I lost my 1 carat GIA certified stud that I purchased back in March of this year. I am going to give it time, hoping it will turn up in my home. If not, back to buying a 1 carat stud all over again! And yes, the vendor that I bought my 2 carat total weight studs (highly recommended from PS) does have an upgrade policy! BTW, the studs are (were) GIA triple ex, ideal, hearts and arrows, with a great HC score.

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results