shape
carat
color
clarity

KristyDarling''s 3-stone by Leon Mege

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 4:40:47 PM
Author: KristyDarling
It''s still cloudy here.
39.gif
I really want to see it sparkle in the sunshine! (and take pics for you all, of course)

Honestly, I don''t think we could TAKE "sun pix". It would be TOO MUCH BLING. Better to
ease us in this way, overcast.

Ummmm *tamales* -- even in the face of BLINDING BLING-AGE ... salivation intrudes.
18.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. You guys crack me up!

Ivanadiamond...let me see if I''m understanding you. So what you''re saying is....
9.gif
3.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2006 5:16:31 PM
Author: decodelighted
Date: 4/28/2006 4:40:47 PM

It''s still cloudy here.
39.gif
I really want to see it sparkle in the sunshine! (and take pics for you all, of course)

Honestly, I don''t think we could TAKE ''sun pix''. It would be TOO MUCH BLING. Better to

ease us in this way, overcast.

Ummmm *tamales* -- even in the face of BLINDING BLING-AGE ... salivation intrudes.
18.gif

9.gif
Yes, hunger called. Now my shower is calling even more loudly! (even rabid diamond-lovers have their limits, right? Wouldn''t be cool to have a super-clean and sparkly diamond and schlep around with greasy hair!)

Ahhh, yes. Today is a good day, I received 3 of my favorite things in the mail: the ring, my first-ever pair of Charlotte beach pants, and my THIRD-hand Balenciaga bag (gotta love a good deal)!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
23.gif
Great googly moogly!
A 3.5 sized finger with 4.7 carats of diamonds in a Leon Mege setting - HOLY *#$* it''s spectacular!
MORE PICS!!! PLEEEASSEEE!!!!!

Scintillating...

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is beautiful KD! Congratulations!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

cannuck

Rough_Rock
Congrats, it''s absolutely stunning!!!!!!!
This is my first post, but I had to jump in. I have been waiting anxiously for you to post your new beauty. I too am going to have a Leon Mege 3 stone in approx 3 weeks. However, it will pale in comparison to yours. My center stone will be a GIA Ex, Ex 1.76 G SI1 (eyeclean) with approx .50 tcw pear sidestones.
KristyDarling, I was hoping to wear a 2mm band with it, do you think that is possible? YOu mentioned that you will be wearing your new ring alone, is it a preference or does a band not sit right? (If this is too personal you don''t have to respond)
Your ring is fantastic and has gotten me even more excited about mine. It is so great to see what the ring on his website looks like at different angles!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/28/2006 5:30:29 PM
Author: cannuck
Congrats, it''s absolutely stunning!!!!!!!

This is my first post, but I had to jump in. I have been waiting anxiously for you to post your new beauty. I too am going to have a Leon Mege 3 stone in approx 3 weeks. However, it will pale in comparison to yours. My center stone will be a GIA Ex, Ex 1.76 G SI1 (eyeclean) with approx .50 tcw pear sidestones.

KristyDarling, I was hoping to wear a 2mm band with it, do you think that is possible? YOu mentioned that you will be wearing your new ring alone, is it a preference or does a band not sit right? (If this is too personal you don''t have to respond)

Your ring is fantastic and has gotten me even more excited about mine. It is so great to see what the ring on his website looks like at different angles!
Cannuck - welcome to PS!

Your ring sounds like it''s going to be a stunner! Both of my bands actually DO sit quite well next to the ring (one is 2.5mm plain platinum, another is a 2.2mm eternity band), but aesthetically, I prefer it without. I''ve always thought that 3-stone rings look most scrumptious on their own, and you could always wear your w-band on your right hand.

If you do end up wearing a band with it, go to Tiffany''s and do a test-drive with one of their 2mm knife edge plain bands. It seems that would be the best match since Leon''s ring has the pinched shank/knife edge thing going on. Good luck! I can''t wait to see your ring!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just realized that with how low the center stone is set in the basket, it will make cleaning (with a brush) nearly impossible. Thank goodness I have my SI ultrasonic! I also just bought a Jewel Jet off eBay. I figure that the combo of both cleaner types will keep this ring super fiery!

Ann

Brilliant_Rock
Holy Moly

Heavens to Betsy

Good Golly Miss Molly....

Need I go on?

Your ring is DYNAMITE.

Pure inspiration for me....

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
KristyDarling your ring is just breathtaking, stunning, and blindingly beautiful!!! You simply must wear it as much as possible and tell all your friends and family that it is real. You have nothing to be embarassed about and you should be proud of what you have girl!

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/28/2006 3:30:32 PM
Close up
absolutely gorgeous! makes me want a round

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome, Canuck! Your ring will be a wonderful!!! Now you know what''s expected..immediate photos posted here as soon as it arrives!!!

Kristy, we''ll be anxious to hear how lunch with your friends goes tomorrow!!!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Um....................

um.............

um....................

(no words!)
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

okay, one:

OUTSTANDING!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh my, Kristy!!!!!!!!!! There are just not enough words. It''s MAGNIFICENT!!

I love every single thing about it, and it looks so lovely on your beautiful hands.

OH!!! I just can''t stop going back and looking at again and again!

I''m absolutely THRILLED for you!!!

widget

cannuck

Rough_Rock
Thanks Kristy Darling, I will be sure to post pictures when its done. I am fortunate to live so close to NYC that I actually saw LM about making my ring. I will be going to back to LM office next Wed to view side stones, i''m seeing stones between .50 and .64 TCW.
The knife edge band sounds like a great idea, I will be sure to go to Tiffanys and try it on. This ring is an upgrade from my original .74 F VS2 pear ER. My wedding band did not match my ER, so I wore it on my right hand which drove me nuts (I have young kids and it always got in the way). So this time I swore I would get a ER that could be worn with wedding band, but....I went and picked a 3 stone setting-not a great choice, eh? Anyhoo, I don''t mind if it doesn''t sit flush, the non-matchy, matchy look has grown on me.

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
GORGEOUS
30.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
W
30.gif
W!
How did you get all that bling onto that tiny little finger of yours?
The spanage is incredible and so breathtaking! Just spectacular!
10.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Marvel and Virginia.
21.gif

Cannuck -- the great thing about this ring is that he set the stones fairly low, so I''ll be less likely to give my kids a black eye or knock it against something and set the prongs loose (something which happened a few times with my old ring)...or god forbid, chip the stone! Leon has the ability to create the perfect compromise between setting the stones JUST high enough to showcase the diamonds, but JUST low enough to make the ring comfortable and practical for every day wear. I''m jealous that you were able to visit LM in person! Not the warm and fuzzy type, is he? He is all business!
1.gif
But I took that to mean that he is experienced enough in working with customers to know the most efficient way to communicate. Re: wedding bands, I don''t like matchy-matchy either (my original band and e-ring have a gap and came from different designers), so since you''re the same way, you''ll probably be just fine with a plain band and small gap!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
DH and I conferred and we''re scrapping our idea of a getaway with the kids this weekend! My daughter just had her 15-month shots yesterday and hasn''t been feeling well. And we''re just plain too tired to drive the 2 1/2 hours down to Monterey!

But, this does mean I''ll be able to take more pics of blingetty-bling this weekend!
31.gif
Praying for some sunny weather.....

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
The only word I can say is WOW
18.gif

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
wow! So how much did that cost? I am looking to get a ring custom and i figured its cheaper to buy a loose stone and go a custom route and i get what I want. Dang! He really must love you....:) [$$)][$$)][$$)][$$)]
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
26.gif
18.gif
3.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif
6.gif

I want one now....
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kristy sweetie WHERE in the BayArea are you?!?!?!?! SF?

It is a sunny-not-a-cloud-in-the-sky 88 degrees here in San Jose...I was just out for a walk and I think I got a tan!! But I'm not complaining after all the rain we had previously!!

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
OMG! your center stone carat weight is the same as your ring size! girl you dont have enough finger real estate for that baby! I can solve that...send it to me and my size 6er!

Gorgeous! you are one lucky gal, congratulations!

Pearberry

Rough_Rock
Kristydarling-

Your ring is beautiful! LM did a great job on the setting. I looove the double-claw prongs. Now you don''t have to worry about your prongs being lose again! I also like that fact that the shank is somewhat skinny and tapers off on the bottom (like a knife edge). Also, I read your other posts in regards to telling your friends that your diamond is a "moissanite." You shouldn''t be embarassed to show off your gorgeous ring!! Wear it in great health! :)

leeenie

Shiny_Rock
It''s ginourmous and beautiful and I LOVE the delicate little claw prongs. Leon''s platinum always looks so gorgeous and shiny in all his pictures too, more than any other platinum rings I''ve seen.

Can I ask you about the process of getting your James Allen stone? Is there any way to converse outside of the forum?

Thanks!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Just had to come out from the shadows of lurkdom....KD, your ring is just fabulous! Absolutely stunning, where it with pride girl!!! Congrats
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
BEAUTIFUL RING. Congratulations. It looks so lovely on your hand.

Linda

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Being partial to the three-stone as I am, it is fabulous!
I am on my 2nd three-stone compilation and neither time have I worn it with a band -- just doesn''t look "right" to me. I like how a three-stone gives a banded look, anyhow. I personally find wearing two rings to be cumbersome.
ENJOY!

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
BADA BOOM, BADA BLING.... You could put an eye out with that thing!!!!

Hey I rhymed.
20.gif

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my, it is just stunning! I knew it would be. I am so glad that you went with the larger pear sidestones. The lesser ones would have looked lost! He angled those sidestones so well - they are a beautiful accent but in no way overpower the center stone. The setting itself is fabulous - just love those claw prongs!

Please wear this ring with pride and enjoy it. You are very fortunate to have it but in no way have to feel that you don''t deserve it.

I am so pleased that you are happy with this ring. Please take as many pictures as you can - you know this is an insatiable bunch!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results